Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

kundalini & chiropractor Login/Join

Picture of Katy
posted
I am going to a chiropractor for the first time, next week. Since I have had kundalini experiences in the past, would it be wise for me to ask or tell him about K., since he will be working on my spine?

Thanks,
Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Katy, yes tell the chiropractor about your past kundalini experiences. It will help him in the adjustment of your spine and treatment of you.

Who recommended you to this chiropractor?. Does he or she have knowledge about the kundalini process?.

Some health providers still feel uneasy about kundalini and don't feel comfortable discussing it, nor seeking out knowledge about same. Hope you checked the chiropractor out. Good luck.

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
My psychotherapist goes to him and recommended him. As far as I know she (my therapist) has little knowledge about the kundalini process.

Also several times in the past my Dr. suggested I go to a chiropractor for pain and stiffness in my neck and shoulders. I also had several severe lower back/sciatic episodes in the past.

From what my therapist said about him, and her personal experience with him, he sounds like a good one.

Thanks for your reply.

Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good question and discussion. I had not thought of talking to my chiropractor about kundalini. I am going to him today (appointment at noon). He is my main doctor as I am alternative, pretty much, almost 100%. That will be or could be fun. If he is not aware, he is very curious, I know he will become aware even if he has not experienced it. Thanks for the good question Katy.

Posts: 40 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
DianeA

What a "coincidence" that you are going to your chiropractor today. If you do talk to him about K I'd love to know what he says.

I am pretty much alternative too. My main Dr. is a holistic/homeopathic M.D. My pscyotherapist is also very much into alternative medicine and she says that the chiropractor is too, and that I should take all my supplements with me so he can do kinesiology (muscle testing) on me. I'm really looking forward to going.

Thanks,
Katy

<w.c.>
posted
Katy:

Just wondering . . . are you familiar with Network Chiropractic? This approach doesn't involve any "bone-cracking," but only light accupressure to the base of the neck and spine. K can certainly be activated through accupressure, but my experience over the years is that this gentler form of chiropractic care hasn't caused any K-type crisis. In fact, it has been a more calming, integrative experience for me.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
W.C.

No, I am not very familiar with any type of chiropractic! Maybe I will call my therapist and ask her more about it, especially since I am highly sensitive,(which I think plays a huge part in the K process.) and she is too, and so will understand my concerns.

Thanks,
Katy

posted Hide Post
My chiropractor does not do the bone cracking stuff either, that is why I like him so much. He does accupuncture, kineseology, sacral cranial, etc. Katy, I forgot to ask him about K. Maybe I will email him. He also does NET which works well for the emotional healing piece. I have not had a problem with the chiropractor setting off the K. Smiler
Healing Touch has had a tendency to do that.

Posts: 40 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
DianeA

As I mentioned in another post, I actually didn't get any chiropractic work done on me, but they suggested I get Cranial Balancing (not cranial-sacral therapy). It is to treat a feeling of pressure, and burning sensation in my head. Do you know anything about this?

Katy

posted Hide Post
Hi Katy,
I don't. I am familiar with cranial sacral but not cranial balancing. Not in that wording. In Healing Touch we balance the energy centers or chakras, but cranial balancing I am not familiar with. Our daughter does 0 (Zero) Balancing. That is balancing the energy but working with the bone structure and I am not sure about that. There is so much and so much different stuff out there right now. Diane

posted Hide Post
Katy:

I experience feelings of pressure and burning sensations in my head too. This usually increases during prayer and meditation. Sometime the pressure releases at the top of my head and then I feel pressure in the middle of my head or sometime it feels like my nostrils are expanding. Anyway, I have lots of movement going on in my head. I haven't read Phil's book on his kundalini experiences yet. I wonder if this is k? I'm interested to hear what you discover about Cranial Balancing.

Tate

Posts: 77 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Katy, checked out your website. You are such a soft and tender soul. I also love cats and have one, a stray. Would you belief she came to me 3 years ago all matted with dreadlocks being a pure bred Persian. What a little love machine my Majica is.

Re: pressure and burning sensation in your head which you have had for a few weeks now according to your post.

There are some concerns here. You may also need to be checked out by an M.D. should this pattern continue, just to be on the safe side.

Have heard of cranial balancing, but need to educate myself on it.

Have you ever considered gentle massage therapy for yourself?. Should you consider it be sure to check the therapist out thoroughly, call to ask many questions before an appointment re treatment and to feel out a compatability between the both of you. Are you also sensitive to touch right now?.

Again your website is great!. Bless you.

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tate:
[qb] Katy:

I experience feelings of pressure and burning sensations in my head too. This usually increases during prayer and meditation. Sometime the pressure releases at the top of my head and then I feel pressure in the middle of my head or sometime it feels like my nostrils are expanding. Anyway, I have lots of movement going on in my head. I haven't read Phil's book on his kundalini experiences yet. I wonder if this is k? I'm interested to hear what you discover about Cranial Balancing.

Tate [/qb]
Thanks for sharing your experiences and BTW, it's nice to "meet" you.

It seems the pressure in my head is most noticable after I have been praying and meditating, also. I'm hoping the cranial therapist knows about K. and I can get some answers from her.. if she thinks it's K related.

My appt. isn't until August 4,th, but I'll let you know how it turns out.

Katy

Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Hi Freebird,

Yes, I have been getting professional massage for over 20 yrs.! I go to a Holistic/Homeopathic M.D. who recommended it to me for fibromyalgia, and stress. (He has his own massage therapists there at the center, where she is) I really haven't been to see her for a couple of months though. She has also done Cranial-Sacral, zero balancing, and Reiki on me, and she is the one who introduced me to Transformational/Circular Breathing.

Thanks for visiting my website and for your kind words. Oh, what a treasure you found in that Persian cat!

Katy

Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freebird:
[qb]
Are you also sensitive to touch right now?.
[/qb]
Freebird, I have always been sensitive to touch, yes. I do love massage though.

Katy