Paperback and digital editions

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kundalini Awakening activated, I think. Login/Join

posted
In the summer of last year I had a month of where I used LSD on a weekly basis. During my last time of using LSD I experienced a deeply profound religious experience. I felt God within me and all around me in nature. I felt that we were all connected in some way. I cried in joy and ecstasy and I now remember that I was doing some hand mudras without even realizing what they were at the time. I barely slept for a week and stayed in this ecstasy and bliss for this period of time.

Coming off this week long spiritual high I was in complete hell and agony. For almost 5 months I constantly felt like I was dying and I had non stop panic attacks. I was in despair and I felt that the only thing that would bring me comfort was going to church. I started going to Catholic Church on a weekly basis and during one of the mass services I attended my body vibrations began.

It's been about 4 months since that mass and I still have body vibrations along with other symptoms. During the night before I go to bed my legs or hands will move or jerk uncontrollably. There are times when I feel as if I am in an earthquake. I also get sensations of bugs crawling all over my skin. My tongue sometimes twitches or feels like it is being pushed down by some energy force. I can barely think or even concentrate anymore. I have always been a highly sensitive person from birth, but these experiences have since magnified. I can feel the feelings of others and this is especially painful when I am around someone who is suffering. I often feel like I am not even in my own body. At times what I am going through still terrifies me. I am confused as to what I should be doing in my life since this has all started happening with me.

Posts: 3 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Metanoia,

Hi and welcome to Shalom Place. I am so sorry to hear of the terror, pain, and confusion you describe living through. It's hard to know how much of what you're experiencing physiologically is related to some damage done by your LSD abuse and/or activated kundalini. Certainly, expanded states like you describe with drug use seem to "jump start" people's spiritual journeys.

Are you finding any comfort or support from your Church community at this time, or are you still struggling to get through the strange body and hypersensitivity problems? I can relate to being super-sensitive from birth. Many people with active kundalini are very sensitive to other's "energy."

Also, I'm curious if you've received a medical exam or consultation with a doctor to learn about what is happening to you physically and emotionally. Are you still having panic attacks? Taking any medications?

Feel free to check out SP as there are a lot of wonderful, caring people who can likely relate to some of your concerns.

I hope and pray that you receive the guidance and support you are seeking.

God's peace and blessings be with you,
Shasha

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Yes, I second the medical exam suggestion, especially since it seems so much of what's happened is a consequence of the LSD use.

You might have to "tone down" your spiritual practices for awhile until you get things sorted out. Reading scripture slowly and prayerfully while taking a walk outside might help to ground your energy more.

Posts: 3951 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the responses. I have seen numerous doctors who all kind find nothing physically wrong with me. They basically tell me it is all in my head. If it's not Kundalini then I have no idea what it could be, but I have met other people online who have been activated through their use of psychedelic drugs.

I find comfort in going to church, but I have told no one in my church community out of fear as to how they would react to it.

Posts: 3 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Metanoia,

How are you doing lately?

It's very unfortunate that the doctors you've seen have seemed dismissive of your problems. Of course, we don't know your full history and this is not the place to get into that, but it seems to me that a medical doctor would at least consider you might be suffering from something among the spectrum of Hallucinogen-Induced Disorders. The details of your opening thread strongly suggest you may have had Hallucinogen-Induced Anxiety.

That's not to say kundalini is not ALSO involved. Such is life...that things are often more complicated than we think.

As far as not telling people in your church community that you think you're having k. symptoms, that's a common response. God will nonetheless give you the support and encouragement you need from your church community. And it sounds like you're finding people on line who can relate to some of your experiences. The piece I can relate to in your story is being sensitive to other's energy. Like you, that's been going on a long time, but it is speculated that k. is like an amplifier of that sensitivity. But the Lord provides for of ALL of our needs and knows ALL of our vulnerabilities/ brokenness.

Don't let fear bog you down. Most people with k. report that it takes a lot of trusting God's loving will to get through weird and/or painful experiences. I'd advise that you stay away from New Age interventions, especially people who do any energy work. I know some have had positive experiences with it, but many have had disastrous results.

Be assured, the Lord, our Maker will lead you into a lifestyle that will bring you peace and security. That's why He prompted you to go to Church when you were falling apart.

God's love,
Shasha

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post