Paperback and digital editions

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stages of Kundalini? Login/Join

posted
Dear Group, I have a question regarding the kundalini process. I have been with it for nearly two years now. My initial awakening did come very powerfully and very fast. At this point, I have reached a quite stable space of being. However, the energy has noticeable increased at this point. The stream through my body is steady and constant but seemingly growing stronger and stronger. I have never experienced upsetting physical symptoms, which tells me that my phsycial structure has been clear enough to allow the energy to flow. My most trying experiences have been that of the integration of the psyche, emotions, intent, will, etc. I am wondering if I can expect another powerful wave of energy. I have a sense of more unfoldment impending in the near future. Has this happened with any of you? Would you share your thoughts and experiences on this with me? I am feeling a need for much grounding, to prepare myself.

And, oh, I wanted to share an experience I had the other evening for whatever any may be prompted to respond with. A few times, through the course of my life, I have had experiences with the kundalini in my sleep state. In one, approximately, eight years ago, I experienced a feeling of my spirit being consumed (purified, if you will) by what felt as a spiritual fire that left my being/my spirit feeling free, whole, integrated with God. While I believe this one foretells the end process of the kundalini, some others I am not sure of. The other evening while asleep I felt an energy sensation that brings to mind a description of a piece of thin sheet metal being waved rapidly to create a warbling like effect. This is what I were feeling in my energy body. I am wondering if this has to do with interference from an external force or if it is reflective of a form of integration of the energy. Has anyone else experienced the dynamics of the energy in their sleep state? I note that this dream came one evening after I attended a reiki healing session, the purpose of which on this evening was to reintegrate disowned aspects of my psyche - specifically that of honoring myself, parts of my wholeness I disconnected from as a result of abuse sustained in my childhood. The session ended with an incredible opening and expansion of my solar plexus, leaving me feeling certain of a reintegration that would continue.

Embrace

Posts: 9 | Location: Olathe, KS | Registered: 30 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since there is so much popular literature on Kundalini, which someone referred to as 'propaganda and counter-propaganda, without much credibility', you might like to refer to something from a reliable source : The Divine Life Society, Rishikesh, Himalayas, India - after all the Hindus coined the term many thousand years ago, studied the phenomenon intensely for many centuries and meant something specific by it.

'Kundalini Yoga' by Sri Sivananda Saraswathi

Posts: 158 | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My most trying experiences have been that of the integration of the psyche, emotions, intent, will, etc. I am wondering if I can expect another powerful wave of energy. I have a sense of more unfoldment impending in the near future. Has this happened with any of you? Would you share your thoughts and experiences on this with me?
Embrace, it's hard to say what comes next, and it's definitely best not to spend much time being concerned about that. Any stage theories about kundalini using the chakra system or other approaches are generalizations; everyone has their own, unique experience. You might think it's over, and a new round begins, or you might think a rough ride is coming, but instead it's a time of gentle integration.

I think that sense of ongoing unfolding you describe is perfectly natural. Indeed, I believe it's our "natural" condition. We do go on growing and unfolding, but it's not easy to say how that will go.

If you have a sense of a rough time coming up, with an intuition about making some changes in your diet, or meditation practice, then I'd say go ahead and honor that, always making sure that your rational mind has a role to play in making this kind of decision.

Let us know how it goes for you.

------------

Priya, I'm very familiar with Swami Sivananda's book and work, having studied it years ago while writing my book on kundalini. I think it's a good example of a work from the Hindu/yogic tradition.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Embrace,

Its been good reading your posts recently.

I too have had many dreams related to kundalini - snakes rising up from water etc. and have experienced energy rushes as I slept. One in particular reminds me of your description of the thin metal sheet being waved.I had the sensation of birds flying around inside my body while I slept. I was awakened from sleep into a confused state,with a kind of flapping or humming in my ears, believing a bird had flown into my room. When I regained consciousness fully, I was able to clarify the situation. More recently too I have been aware of energy moving around in me while I slept. This has been quite distinct from feelings of outside influences(frequently attacks) affecting my aura as I slept.

I'd imagine that you'll be able to detect, intuitively, any influences affecting the Kundalini flow as you sleep and I do hope you experience much peace as you continue to integrate the process. As for preparing for future blasts of Kundalini or anything else, I've always found that things turned out to be totally different from what I imagined they'd be, even with the benefit of precognitive dreams or audiovoyance.I really would make a lousy fortune teller. But if you feel you can do anything then go for it.

Also, despite several worrying tremors and occasional, rather light energy being released from my base chakra, I have only experienced one heavy arousal of kundalini 7 or 8 years ago, which did, all the same, last for several months, so there need not be any further upheaval. As Phil says, its all very individualistic.

Many blessings,

Stephen.

Posts: 464 | Location: UK | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<w.c.>
posted
Dear Embrace:

It's good to hear your trusting your intuition, and the devotional context in which this seems to occur for you. God knows all your going through and you seem to trust this. He knows the kundalini far better than we can know it even in moments of clarity/revelation. I've had similar experiences, but as Phil and Stephen point out, it is so very individualistic, so much about God's unique relationship with each one of us. And it does sound like your body is ready for whatever is to come, with little if any sense of something being premature, at least from what you share.

For myself, besides being rational as Phil pointed out, considering diet, etc. besides these there has always been that very simple sense of just turning to God as His child, really being that child with tender trust. And you sound like you are quite intimate with that as well. I have also found that too much thinking about it, wondering what other people think, or even focusing on it as an event or process etc.. can cause a mental strain that under such active conditions as you describe can cause some temporary imbalance.

Thanks for sharing and keep us posted if that helps.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your comments.. for reminding that we do well not to compare our experience to another's.. that we do well to remember that we each are unique and on our own journey.

Sue, I must admit that I was very hesitant to enter into any healing energy treatments.. that it was very important for me that I find someone who my intuition told me was a clear channel, if you will. There are lots of folks out there moving lots of stuff around, and I was very skeptical in trusting myself to their stuff. I had been at the point where I did feel prompted to reach out for this assistance and I entrusted this search to God. It was not a matter of jumping at the first or any energy healer who came along.. it took me months to find the woman that I work with. And I must say that in seeing her, it is not she that I am trusting the process to.. as my prayers for what healing is needed go out to God, not she.

Embrace

Posts: 9 | Location: Olathe, KS | Registered: 30 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post