Find
Notify
Tools

help needed Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot for all the suggestions.
I will look into this, hopefully i can find
the book here in my own language.

Is there something like a christian mantra book ?

Am not sure what to expect from this psychotherapist but perhaps this can give me some ideas that we might look into. (He suggested me to take emdr on the reiki trauma.)

I ordered some books too of Anselm grun about fear and decision making, the latter had been a weak point of myself.

For this moment, i avoid energy work, perhaps this may change in the future. I hardly dare to do breathing work / meditation. Perhaps christian mediditation is something i thought.

Posts: 94 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: 10 August 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hcb:
Is there something like a christian mantra book ?

I spent many years doing the Christian Meditation of Fr. John Main, and even wrote a book about it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Slack...ebook/dp/B074Z296G2/

However, I hesitate to recommend Christian Meditation to you. As "acuveda" remarked about acupuncture, Christian Meditation is not a cure-all. It is essentially a non-egoic form of prayer. As John Cassian puts it, you "restrict yourself to the poverty of a single verse."

Posts: 1021 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Acuveda, which tables are you using exactly, the book is immense , and overwhelming. I dont want / am not able to read all of the book.

But For instance, having problems with chakra 3 ?
Wich tables then to use. At the beginning of the book , there is a overall chart with all chakras. Also you have for each chakra a summary at the beginning. I guess this is enough ?

Having serious headache, is this then a problem with chakra 6 or could it also be a problem of some other chakra, causing this, just asking .....and...having two or more issues, were to start. Low or high.

Would you like to give your affirmations , wich are based on the bible ?

Thanks a lot for your support.

ps everyone has his/her own recommendations, it is a bit difficult, atleast for me, to choose from all of this.

@les :

wich active meditations are there to be practised ?
Could you say something about that ?
Thanks too for your recommendation.

Posts: 94 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: 10 August 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi hcb, Sorry to hear you are having such difficulty at this time.

The link I posted was just for a basic overview of charts from the book. If you have the book itself, start from the beginning and work through it section by section, pick one aspect to work on with your therapist, disregard the sections that don't apply to you and move on to the next one when ready. With the right support, you are bound to make progress, even little by little, when you decide you can and want to. Prayerfully ask for God to guide you through the process. As the Chinese Philosopher Lao Tzu said, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

The journey begins with self-knowledge and learning to discern how God is working in your life, and a good therapist and spiritual director will lead you to discover those things about yourself rather than just tell you what to do. I suggest that you discover your own Bible verse mantras along the way that resonate with where you are at, as mine pertain to my unique spiritual journey.

Taking walks in nature could also be therapeutic for you, along the beach, in the woods.

Posts: 46 | Registered: 07 March 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you for your advice.
Today it goes quit bad, feeling exhausted.
The zooming tone never ends also. Feeling all alone here, no one around.

The book seems to look overwhelming.
I mean do I have to read this all. I am afraid I will get lost in it.
I dont have a spiritual advisor or psychologist like you are defining. So I don't know how to work on that with my current one, (who have their own standard strategies). Were to find somebody like that ? Does everyone here do that also ?

What person do I need then, I don't know who to go to. Can you elaborate more on that ?
What skills does he/she has to have.What does he has to know.

Finally, I felt an anxiety today of God, or to loose myself in the whole thing right now.
Living alone this is difficult at the moment.

I frankly want this whole thing to stop now.

Okay for now , peace to you all.

HCB

posted Hide Post
quote:
thank you for your advice.
Today it goes quit bad, feeling exhausted.
The zooming tone never ends also. Feeling all alone here, no one around.

The book seems to look overwhelming.
I mean do I have to read this all. I am afraid I will get lost in it.

I dont have a spiritual advisor or psychologist like you are defining. So I don't know how to work on that with my current one, (who have their own standard strategies). I know / am afraid when I show them the book, they will be wanting to help.

Were to find somebody like you mention ? Does everyone here do that also ?

What person do I need then, Frankly i don't know who to go to. Can you elaborate perhaps more on that please ?
What skills does he/she has to have.What does he has to know. Can't I work with a normal one ?

Finally, I felt an anxiety today for God, or to loose myself in the whole thing /process right now.
Living alone this is difficult at the moment.

I frankly want this whole thing to stop now.

Okay for now , peace to you all.

HCB

posted Hide Post
ECB...

I understand. It took me a long time to sort things out. I think Phil's perspective is different, but the thing that finally helped me was when I started practicing the microcosmic orbit during meditation. It balances the energy and distributes it properly. A more advanced form is the "Secret of the Golden Flower" method, although they are fundamentally the same. You simply intend to move the energy from the base of the spine, over the top of the head, then release it down into the tan tien, which is located just behind the navel. Even now, when I don't actively move the energy around, it will pool at the base of my spine and I'll start to feel unbalanced. A 30-minute session with the energy and the symptoms of imbalance are mitigated.

I wouldn't worry about finding a psychologist or pursuing the path I spoke of in the book, especially now that the energy has been loosed. The right path will find you. I don't know what religious affiliation you engage, but you might find solace in visiting a Saint Thomas affiliated church... they seem to be more attuned with these aspects than the more fundamental organizations. Others up here may have more to offer in this regard.

Finally, just be 'in the moment' and let go. Walks by bodies of water, parks, woods, etc. also seem to help me in balancing out the energies...

Peace...

Posts: 113 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 18 December 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Les,
Sorry for the late reply, because of the problems here.
Don't know that church actually but i will try to google it.
I dont understand what you mean with pooling at the base of the spine.
I am contacting one of the big churches here.
I dont know of them being here also.
But thanks for the advice.

posted Hide Post
hcb, If the idea of the book overwhelms you, then put it aside for now until you feel more grounded and focused to delve into it. Focus instead on working with your current therapist until you stabilize some more. I work in a mental health practice and know there are lots of qualified therapists out there to help you get back on track using effective methods. Just give it time.

I'm wondering if you have perhaps grandparents who survived the Dutch famine. I ask because I am treating a mother and daughter from the Netherlands and immediately knew there was a connection from the grandmother who survived the Dutch famine by eating tulips and potato skins and has harbored hatred her whole life. Unfortunately these memories get attached to our DNA and are passed down through the generations. They both have significant digestive issues. With your type 1 diabetes and 3rd chakra issues, there might be a correlation in terms of where the energy is most activating.

I agree these energetic symptoms can be strange and unpleasant, but if you embrace them as a necessary part of the process, I think you'll view them as less threatening and they won't have the hold over you that they currently do.

Best wishes

posted Hide Post
thanks.

my family lived in the north, and there was a little bit more food.

Am in very serious trouble. I hardly have hope but God.

Cant lay down for 5 minutes and have to vomit then.
How can i keep my breathing low when the whole front of body under heart is in cramp.

It is sooo much now, the energy is immense.
what should i do when this happens. I have no live anymore, no time to rest either.

This is my main concern now.

The therapists here dont know about kundalini.
My case is i think exploding.

Is there any (perhaps breathing low ) technique that can help me,
without causing more instability ?

What is best to do now.......

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
hcb, I think when things reach this point, it's best to seek medical attention. I'm not at all sure this is only kundalini process that you're describing.

Posts: 3955 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what else could it be

posted Hide Post
quote:
what else could it be

hcb, I have been where you are at. Actually, many times Smiler . No matter what you do, it makes you sick. No matter what you think about doing, it makes you sick. I have experienced what you are experiencing many times. hcb what you are experiencing can not be solved because you need to be the way you are. If you were to be anyway but as you are, it would just make things worse. And I do understand that it is not very fun. No it is not fun.

Love, Tucker

Posts: 429 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
quote:
what else could it be

That would be the question to explore with your doctor.

Posts: 3955 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi hcb,

I concur with Phil. You should meet with your doctor, who will investigate the various disorders associated with the symptoms you are having. In fact, if you were my patient, presenting with this intensity, I would insist you see an MD if you wanted to continue acupuncture with me.

We have in TCM a syndrome that is associated with intense upsurging sensation of qi in the trunk of the body with the kind of other symptoms you are describing (and not connected to kundalini). This is disharmony/imbalance, which can be corrected or mediated with proper treatment.