Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kundalini and sex Login/Join

posted Hide Post
The topic remains open, Freebird. I think you're overlooking some of the theologizing implicit in the way you talked about it, however. I could give specific examples, if you'd like, but it's probably better that we just move on.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asher>
posted
hey, what a facinating discussion. i spent the last 40 minutes reading through many of the posts. as usual, wc's first point seemed to click most with me. i have felt a sort of knot in the spine for many years now (just below the the umbilicus, on both the frontal and spinal side) which i think has increased my appetite for sex. i find that it is only though sex that this is knot is partially released. pardoxically, when engaged in sex, my energy seems to be directed to the crown and the heart, quite beyond my own voilition. i don't experience any sort of blissful sensations, usually just a quieting of the excitement that usually preceeds intercourse. but, in my experience, the only way to really deal with this *tormenting* knot is by engaging in sex, say once a week. honestly, i have lost much interest in spiritual experiences vis a vis energy rushes etc (or maybe i don't notice them as much), i don't desire them any more. in my case, (after 7 years of celibacy), i find sex quite healthy and necessary.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Asher:
[qb] ...honestly, i have lost much interest in spiritual experiences vis a vis energy rushes etc (or maybe i don't notice them as much), i don't desire them any more.[/qb]
Hi Asher,

I'm unfamiliar with the sort of situation you have described here. I'm curious to learn more. How old are you? Did you once have energy rushes that were blissful and spiritual? How long did that phase of your life last?

Posts: 455 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Asher's sharing reminds me of a zen story I read years ago. The monastery was right next to a bordello, with a large fence in between, and the monks had been told to avoid the place at all costs. After 30 years of celibacy and diligent practice, one of the monks finally gave up on zen, jumped the fence, and fully indulged himself. In doing so, he experienced satori and returned to the monastery, where the master confirmed his enlightenment.

- - -

It seems that in married life there are times for coming together and times to avoid intercourse. Paul says as much in the New Testament, and so does a Christian couple I know with fully awakenend kundalini (out of a Taoist background). The one part of Gopi Krishna's teaching I dislike most is his apparent insistence on celibacy as a contingency for K integration. We need to surrender our sexuality to God so that (in married life) we are equally open to having sex as to abstaining -- whatever is best for the marriage relationship and/or spiritual growth. For me, this means attending to the inner guidance of the Spirit rather than embracing some kind of absolute "one-size-fits-all" discipline. It also entails openness to not simply the "when" of sexual relations, but the "how." That's a whole other topic, and one that I shall not be sharing much about, given my lack of anonymity. But it ought to be obvious to anyone with marital experience that one can either be depleted or enriched through sexual activity, and it's important to learn how that works.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil:
[QB]...of a zen story I read years ago. The monastery was right next to a bordello, with a large fence in between, and the monks had been told to avoid the place at all costs. After 30 years of celibacy and diligent practice, one of the monks finally gave up on zen, jumped the fence, and fully indulged himself. In doing so, he experienced satori and returned to the monastery, where the master confirmed his enlightenment. [QUOTE]
Fine Zen story, Phil.

quote:
For me, this means attending to the inner guidance of the Spirit rather than embracing some kind of absolute "one-size-fits-all" discipline.
quote:
I couldn't agree more.

quote:
The one part of Gopi Krishna's teaching I dislike most is his apparent insistence on celibacy as a contingency for K integration.
quote:
I assume you have a similar dislike for lifelong Priestly or monastic celibacy in the RCC, at least when it is thought to be the only way to live fully a contemplative, pastoral or apostolic life. I didn't know Gopi had that view. It is interesting that insistence on celibacy comes up in such diverse cultural settings.

It reminds me of the exegetical questions I brought up about the virginal conception. Why would Brown, who himself was celibate, make such a point of the conception being "non-sexual".

Brown wasn't just reading into the story something not there. He was making an sound observation about Matthew and Luke's stories: The conception did no result from sex with a man and whatever happened between Mary and the Holy Spirit (much is left unsaid) it was not "sex" as we ordinarily think of it.

By analogy, what we are calling as "spiritualized sex" is not "sex". And Mary, the mother of God, is our trailblazer; for as with Mary, the upward inward energy movement, conceived by the Holy Spirit, brings forth the experienced birth of Christ within us.

Posts: 455 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freebird:
[qb] Good insights Phil Smiler

Phil's quote:

It validates the rebirth process that precedes k awakening (which most do not ever experience), and also recognizes that k awakenings can take place without any reference to Christ and the Spirit (inasmuch as Self is of the soul, and not Christ)
-------------------------------

I certainly am in agreement here. The light of the Holy Spirit coming forth from my heart was first, followed by an active k process. God's Holy Spirit is the Birther of the newborn spirit within me and in control of this great work of love.
-----------------------------

I really do not see any specialness of individuals who are within the k process, and between the lovers and followers of Christ who are not undergoing this k process, and who instead by their faith and love in Christ may receive a new birth silently, for we are all the same as children of God.
-----------------------------------

Everything works together for those who love God.
------------------------------

We have quite a few forum members who are and/or may be within a k awakening,and some of us are in the integration and transformation of well known k process.

I am curious as to how many of the members here on the forum within the k process have received shaktipat, Toronto blessing in Churches, attended revival meetings in Churches with laying on of hands by a Pastor, or a member having received the gift of the Holy Spirit, Reiki initiations, Darshan, etc. and how many, like myself, have entered this process, without any knowledge of k, nor any stimulation by another, as well as none of the above named sources which can trigger k activity in its awakenings. [/qb]
30 ys ago i was seeking the holy spirit baptism keenly. i was told i didnt have enough faith, a pat response given by those ignorant of moving the process on. i was promised if i was baptised in the oneness pentecostal church i was sure to get it. nooooooo. so i thought it was just another bible promise that wasnt meant for me. later i thought id violated heb.10:26 & god was done w. me. it was only c. science that brought me out of my depression which i later fine tuned w. advaita (we are god)

Posts: 20 | Location: nj | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi the_almighty, It is great to have a small revealment about yourself. I truly look forward to more of your sharing. Smiler

What I am about to say is an experience of God's Spirit which brought such joy to me yesterday in its revealment.

I meditated on our births entering this earthly home. Within the womb we breathe the air from our biological mothers. Coming forth from the birth canal of our mothers we take our first breath, the breath of God that gives the life to our new born bodies.

I realized with the utmost joy in my revelations that God's spirit is with us flowing in and through us and all around us. We are totally immersed in the pure Spirit of God's love for everything He created. We are surrounded on all sides by the never ending sea of God's Spirit like a pure ocean encompassing us all. Oh how wondrous is your love beloved Father God, always with us. Hallelujah!

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
[qb] Within the womb we breathe the air from our biological mothers. Coming forth from the birth canal of our mothers we take our first breath, the breath of God that gives the life to our new born bodies. [/qb]
Beautiful meditation, Freebird

I followed and then came nursing. We are born with a nursing reflex. Babies make the nursing motion in their sleep. I've recovered the blissful feeling by, in a meditative state, doing the following. Become aware of the lips, tongue. With mouth closed, breathing through the nose, gently suck closing the airway with with tongue against roof of mouth in a relaxed way. Gently allow the jaw to relax. Soon the jaw gently moves up and down in a steady rhythm and the nursing motion/reflex/bliss is recovered.
Smiler

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by w.c.:
"...As for a spouse, I wish I could say I'm integrated enough to make good on that commitment; it is my goal, God willing, as the most subtle self-deceit has come out rather visibly in past relationships with women."

Hi WC,

I see that you are seriously into exposing self-deceit. Do I understand you to say that this desire to expose self-deceit is a (major?) motive for your seeking a spouse?

I remember in seminary I was deeply concerned about deceitful religious motives. Those preoccupations made me feel miserable and suspicious. Not that it wasn�t a valid preoccupation.

Anyway, this thread is about so called "Kundalini" and sex. Before reversal of energies I initiated sex a lot with my wife. After, I initiated less. And now, almost never. Plenty of touch and affirmation though. I was surprised how seldom my wife wanted to have intercourse. What I realized then was that I had deceived myself into thinking she was more attracted to having sex with me than she really was!

What's more, I think a lot of men in our culture have the same delusion about the women in their lives. I'm thankful for the reversal of energies for helping me see women more as they really are.

Do you feel the "reversal of energies?" How has that changed your outlook on sex? [/qb]
tho im no expert my faith community christian science seems to downplay sex figuring its not spiritual. i think many couples evolve into sexlessness. marriage is not sanctioned by the church for it is regarded that c s'ists are in heaven where there is no sex

Posts: 20 | Location: nj | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
[qb] Hi the_almighty, It is great to have a small revealment about yourself. I truly look forward to more of your sharing. Smiler

What I am about to say is an experience of God's Spirit which brought such joy to me yesterday in its revealment.

I meditated on our births entering this earthly home. Within the womb we breathe the air from our biological mothers. Coming forth from the birth canal of our mothers we take our first breath, the breath of God that gives the life to our new born bodies.

I realized with the utmost joy in my revelations that God's spirit is with us flowing in and through us and all around us. We are totally immersed in the pure Spirit of God's love for everything He created. We are surrounded on all sides by the never ending sea of God's Spirit like a pure ocean encompassing us all. Oh how wondrous is your love beloved Father God, always with us. Hallelujah! [/qb]
i concentrate on the intellectual. it seems all the good things ive got in life has been through cool intellection

but i want to enhance my emotional life. so i sought the h.g. baptism & astral travel to no avail. no im hesitantly seeking the kundalini (just started sun.). i dont have much optimism cuz its not the way my mind works. im a natural calvinist/c.scientist/advaitin & dont like noise (eg in pentecostal meetings)

so im a double minded man. dont know how its going to work out. if it does im not going to be the same old person

posted Hide Post
the_alm. wrote: tho im no expert my faith community christian science seems to downplay sex figuring its not spiritual. i think many couples evolve into sexlessness. marriage is not sanctioned by the church for it is regarded that c s'ists are in heaven where there is no sex

Don't tell Islamic suicide bombers! Big Grin :

I suspect Christian Science is wrong about this. I think human sexual experience gives us but an inkling of the kind of joyous intimacy experienced by the inhabitants of heaven. Considering that we will have real bodies in the afterlife, it may well be that we can use them to express love.
- See http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics/sex-in-heaven.htm for a very substantive discussion of this topic.

but i want to enhance my emotional life. so i sought the h.g. baptism & astral travel to no avail. no im hesitantly seeking the kundalini (just started sun.). i dont have much optimism cuz its not the way my mind works. im a natural calvinist/c.scientist/advaitin & dont like noise (eg in pentecostal meetings)

It sounds like your spiritual search is largely about looking for a certain kind of "feeling" or "experience." Where are you with Christ? Do you consider yourself a disciple of his?

posted Hide Post
Phil, what an exciting article written with deep insights.
When one speaks of a true love union, what the couple may not realize is that their yearning is to have a spiritual union, and not physical. This truth is hidden from much of humanity.

I believe that unknowingly these unions are taking place within people. The more advanced one is within their spiritual awareness, the more they are in touch with this spiritual knowledge. The true meaning of a spiritual virgin (soul) is one that has never had any involvement in these spiritual ecstasies with another, no spiritual intercourse. She (soul)is waiting for her bridegroom to consummate this union as a virgin. A pure soul is a virgin indeed. I have heard men say that their wife (soul) within them is not 100% pure due to their involvement in impure acts, therefore, polluted since they have used her wrongly.

I would say that touch plays a most important part in lifting and experiencing these mergers of spiritual unions. It can surpass sexual intercouse, beyond any imaginings, we so desire (except me), in the most passionate expression. Big Grin

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right, Freebird. But we do celebrate even spiritual union with our bodies, and that's the connection with kundalini and sex as well. The problem for most couples is that their sexual experiences are primarily of the body and psyche; a deeper spiritual union would make it all the better!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil:
I think human sexual experience gives us but an inkling of the kind of joyous intimacy experienced by the inhabitants of heaven. Considering that we will have real bodies in the afterlife, it may well be that we can use them to express love.
- See http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics/sex-in-heaven.htm for a very substantive discussion of this topic.[/QB]
I read the article. Kreeft, who I've never heard of before, argues that in heaven we are "sexual," as in male and female. But there is no marriage, no procreating, and although he is ambiguous on this point, no physical intercourse. Where is the "sex" in that? We may as well be brother and sister! Or father and son?

So it would seem in this confusesing statement: "The love relationship between the Father and the Son within the Trinity, the relationship from which the Holy Spirit eternally proceeds, is a sexual relationship."

Meaning what? Is he saying that Father and Son are "sexual" in that they are both male? Is male bonding what he means my "sexual"?

posted Hide Post
He's speaking of sex in terms of passionate self-giving, love, and when you put it like that the Trinity would be the most sexual of all beings.

He notes:
quote:
Since there are bodies in Heaven, able to eat and be touched, like Christ's resurrection body, there is the possibility of physical intercourse. But why might the possibility be actualized? What are its possible purposes and meanings?
He article was an attempt to respond to these questions. Everything on this topic is pure speculation, of course. Wink