Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kundalini-engendered "chanting-in-tongues" Login/Join

<Herman's Hermit>
posted
The California Institute of Integral Studies, Association for Transpersonal Psychology and the Spiritual Emergence Network are presenting a conference next week in San Francisco: Anomalous Experiences: Clinical Issues<br /> http://www.ciis.edu/whatshot/anomconference01.html <br /><br />The webpage for the conference is interesting enough but the Post-Conference Party, called Anahata-nad, is even more interesting: "Anahata-nad" (Kundalini-engendered "chanting-in-tongues") has been reverberatingin shamanic voices for over 7000 years. The evening after the Anomalous Experiences conference, in the octagonal chapel of St. Gregory's Church in San Francisco,the trance-dance ensemble Axis Mundi will recreate the ancient ritual of Anahata-nad with state of the art audio and visual special effects,didgeridoo,percussion, dancers, and sacred mantras.<br /><br />My main reason for this post, however, is to share a nice website for a very progressive Episcopal congregation: Saint Gregory's Church, 500 De Haro Street at Mariposa, <br />San Francisco, CA 94107 at http://www.saintgregorys.org/ <br /><br />Saint Gregory of Nyssa is their Patron:<br />Mystic, theologian, humanist -- St. Gregory Nyssen with his vision of human life in relationship to God informs our lives together. Gregory saw life as unending progress of discovering what God is doing in human life and sin as refusal to keep on growing in this discovery, for "the one thing truly worthwhile is becoming God's friend." Deep delight in human life and great optimism suffuses his writings.conference webpage

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Phil,

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, that's an interesting post you gave us, HH. Naturally, it raises all kinds of questions about the relationship between kundalini and charismatic phenomena.

Keep those zingers coming, and get yourself registered sometime so you can join the party.

Phil

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil,

I know. I wasn't going to post here anymore, but I came across a post of yours which now I can't locate, but have wanted to respond to it. My response doesn't belong here, but where to post it? I believe it was about how through the Holy Spirit you sometimes would find yourself saying mantras spontaneously in tongues when the HS felt it appropriate. I don't want to miss quote you here, but I just wanted to say this happens to me quite a bit, whereas if you are just repeating mantras as a technique it might not be what you need at that moment, better that the HS decides. I find that I will say, for example, "OM" when the HS has me in a healing mode. It seems to facilitate the healing process and it comes spontaneously as in tongues.

Posts: 19 | Registered: 12 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's a good find, Jasalerno. I'd long forgotten about this thread.

Yes, I've shared what you say on several occasions, and do believe that "tongues" is a way we can be ministered to by God via sound.

See https://shalomplace.org/eve/for.../18910625/m/55810606 for a discussion we had recently on speaking in tongues.

(And, btw, you're very welcomed to post here. Do hang in there through some of the feedback you get and see what's helpful, what's not, and why.)

Peace, Phil

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post