New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brain Pain Login/Join

Picture of Katy
posted
Hi,

Off and on during the past 10 yrs. or so, I experienced what I call brain pain. It is not a headache. It is a feeling of pressure in the middle, towards the top of my head.. inside my head. I don't know if it could be related to depression, or kundalini or both, or neither.

It has been happening more lately. I have tried to explaine it to therapists and they don't know what I mean. I feel it coming on again today. I am having personal problems. I am praying, meditating, breathing and doing the best I can to deal with my problems. I also feel sensations of heat in various places in my body. I am trying not to get too afraid, but then again I do feel fear.. fear about my future, about my life, my spirituality, my health and more.

For now, could someone tell me if you have experienced "brain pain". I could also use some prayers. Have no one to talk to today. Thanks.

Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have pressures and pains in my brain all the time, Katy. Sometimes I can associate them with diet, stress and other factors; most of the time, not. I take them to be part of the kundalini process, as there does seem to be a general movement, cleansing, and opening of new potentialities associated with all this. It's just become sort of "normal life" to me, these pains. Hope this helps.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Phil, yes that helps some.

In order to not feel so alone in this kind of "stuff", I am re-reading your ebook about your K. experiences. Some of mine are exactly as you described, it's almost scary. I also want to ask you about confusion. I have periods of confusion and other emotional states. I am going thru some serious stress right now too. I just wish I knew for sure what is going on with me. This coming Tues. I'm supposed to be going to the only Cert. Breathwork trainer in Ohio. She is Catholic, and knows about K. I hope she can help me. Till then, I want to know that you are there and praying for me. I am feeling scared and hope I can make it till then.

Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
P.S. One time I had this brain pressure and after a very good, long cry the pressure was gone and I felt extremely peaceful for a couple of days,and in contact with God, and more. What do you think of this? K?

K

<w.c.>
posted
Katy:

Hope this isn't intrusive, but if you're having all of these K symptoms, you might want to go easy on the breathwork, especially if its intensive. Forced breathing, even if it feels wholesome at the moment, can have an adverse effect on an already activated K.

Have you ever tried acupuncture to help ease the K symtoms? My experience has been the more active K becomes, the better to respond gently, even passively, and acupuncture has helped balance these energies over the years. The Chinese have a good diagnostic system for the various aspects of K, i.e, qi, shen, jing.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's good advice from w.c., katy. I quit doing those pranayama kinds of things years ago because it overstimulates the autonomic nervous system, and that really intensifies the energy flow. Using breath in prayer is good, I believe, if one just follows one's natural breathing and offers oneself to God in breath. I find it especially helpful if the exhalation is used to praise God.

Be careful about giving much attention to negative thoughts; that increases their intensity. Just notice them and let them go, back into the present moment, doing what you're doing, alert for the "next step" in your day.

If the commotion in your brain continues to concern you, please do see a physician about it. Not all "brain pain" is kundalini related.

Of course, continuing prayers . . .

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!! Very much. This morning (before I read your replys here) I didn't do the deep breathing and just did my C.P. and more or less just observed my breathing.

W.C. that is good to hear about acupuncture. My holistic doctor recently added a acupuncturist (?) to his staff. I just might look into that.

I am feeling better today. Actually last night some things were straightened out with D.H. I even got flowers :-)

O.K. now I have an appointment tomorrow for a two hour session with the breath therapist. I definately will tell her about my K symptoms and some other things. She does know about K., so I think she would know how to work with me. Actually it isn't really pranayama that she teaches, but is belly breathing... a natural full breath.. called "connected breathing". I'll let you know how it goes. Do "say one" for me please.

Phil, Yes, I have done a lot of deep breathing on my own over the years, and now that you mention it, I do think all this energy in me sometimes causes overstimulation in my nervous system... and me especially, since I am an HSP. HSPs have sensitive nervous systems.

Thanks for being there and for the prayers! It means a lot to me.

Katy

Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
P.S. Phil, I read your whole K story last night. Wow.. you died ;-) I "tried" to "die" back in the late 70's. How silly of me. God has His own timetable.

:-)
Katy

posted Hide Post
Glad to hear things are better today, Katy.

Re. my "death" . . . that was in reference to the previous identity structure--what I call in the book the mental-conceptual Ego. It really does feel like a death, in that for awhile, one seems quite lost and adrift without the old points of reference. In time, things get much better as one discovers there is always Ground underfoot. Smiler

Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Yes, I know what kind of "death" you meant although I have not (as far as I know) experienced that yet.

You know, this morning when I woke up I noticed that my breathing was much more smooth, natural and relaxed, and still is, like never before.

Katy

Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Well, I had a two hour consultation and breathing session with the Breath Therapist yesterday. It went very well! My brain is feeling refreshed and clear today and I feel pretty good in general. She got some "negative energy" out of me. It was really something. And when I went to bed last night and as I was drifting off to sleep, I had an inner smile which is unusual for me. The only other time that happened to me was when my homeopathic Dr. gave me some gold to take for depression.

:-)
Katy

posted Hide Post
That's all good news, Katy. It sounds like maybe some blockages have been cleared out during the past few days. That's always a relief. Smiler