New
Find
Notify
Tools

Part of my Kundalini Story... Login/Join

Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Avlokita,

That experience happened almost 30 yrs. ago! I was delusional! I am no longer delusional (I don't think, lol.
I am familiar with the dark night of the soul, and relaxing, surrender and breathing.

Thanks for the info, tho!

Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Katy Smiler I checked out your website and you are a sweetheart! Lots of Life and Heart energy. I have always been what you are calling a Highly Sensitive Person. I didn't know that they had a name for it Smiler Back when I was alot younger and going to the U, (I an fifty six now) I think that they called it schizophrenic, or emotionally unstabe, or bi polar Smiler I like your approach better. Based on my experience as a yogi and a mystic some people are just closer to Heaven than other people are and things can get confusing sometimes. Generally speaking a person figures out a way around it or they are messed up their whole life. Your Holystic approach is a gift to everybody whether they are HSP or not. It creates participation in life, balance between Heaven and earth, and allows God to be the center all at the same time. You are a gift. Love, John

Posts: 82 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Hi John, and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for visiting my web site and for your kind remarks.

HSP is a term coined by Elaine Aron, reseach psychologist and author of the book "The Highly Sensitive Person". If you want to know more about the trait, her site is www.hsperson.com And it is indeed a trait, and not a disorder.

:-)

Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Hi! Looks like a long time since anyone posted here! I am posting this question here so you might know some of my background about this "stuff".
I am still experiencing throat and breathing issues.. and even more so. At night as I am relaxing, and just before drifting off to sleep I spontaneously experience a huge , deep inhalation, and sometimes feels as though my lungs could burst. My doctor said it is not asthma.. just a quirky thing that happens to me.

I think it is too intense and odd to be a sleep start, but I don't know. I tend to wonder if it is K related, since in the past I have had various K. related episodes.

My question here is, that IF it is kundalini and/or my throat chakra trying to open up, what can I do to help it along? Anything?

Thanks,
Katy

posted Hide Post
I've not experienced nor read of those symptoms in connection with throat chakra openings, Katy. Sounds like quite an ordeal to work with, however. I wish you well.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Phil,

Actually several years ago I was experiencing the opposite. Instead of a deep inhalation, I was having a spontaneous exhalation, more like a groan, and a loud one too. It happened rght before I went to sleep, but also when I was meditating. Someone familiar with kundalini told me it might be what he called "open throating", and that I should get guidance from someone more knowledgable about K. My mouth would open real wide, and sometimes my face grimaced so much that my eyeballs got squished. That is why I thought maybe the thing I'm having now might be K related.

I don't understand it all.. does the K rise and open up the chakras, or are they two different things? Thanks!

Katy

posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delay in responding, Katy. This forum has been inactive of late, and I've gotten out of the habit of checking it.

Usually a rising/awakening kundalini opens the chakras, and there can indeed be a variety of kriyas (movements) associated with it. Sometimes you can tell what's going on by the kriyas manifesting; other times, it's hard to tell. What you're describing might be kriyas associated with a chakra opening, and you would know this for sure if you were also experiencing some of the emotional, intellectual and spiritual fruit of that chakra. In the case of the throat chakra, this would usually entail a heightened ability to communicate oneself, and so a certain improvement is linguistic intelligence and conceptual clarity comes with this opening.

Is there any inner sense you're getting from this -- e.g., that it's a "good thing" you need to "cooperate with?"

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Thanks much, Phil. That helps. Your delay in answering caused me to buy your book .. revised edition about K. :-)

Katy

posted Hide Post
Yeah, that was my plan. Wink

Your book is in the mail. Thanks for the order.

Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
LOL

K

Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Well, here's some more kudalini(?) issue.. actually the same problem. It is happening more frequently. No one has an answer for me. It is so weird... While I am lying down and mostly on my back, and beginning to relax... my mouth opens REAL WIDE, and a big groan comes out.. This afternoon I was napping, and it happened 4 times.
It is totally spontaneous. My doctor said maybe it is some kind of a release, but I never heard of such a thing before, and I read so many books on strees, etc.

Just needed to get this out.. Hmmm, sometimes I think it has to do with my throat chakra.... expression (or rather lack of it) has been a major issue in my life.

Thanks,
Katy

posted Hide Post
Hi Katy,

This type of thing happens to me a lot. I don't think it's k related or chakra related, just a matter of breathing in sleep, or even the position of our heads. Quite natural really. Letting go accumulated tension.

Posts: 464 | Location: UK | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
But I'm not sleeping... position of head may have something to do with it tho, because when I turn on my side it doesn't happen... well, rarely.
Well, that makes sense then. Thanks, Stephen.

BTW, Are you the one who was writing a book? I read the beginning of it the other day, and find it very interesting... about "Christ in Us"...
That's IT in a nutshell, I think.

Have you written more? Where is it?

Thanks for your reply.

Katy

posted Hide Post
I am a writer, Katy, but not writing about "Christ in us".

The groans I experience are usually when I'm dozing. They wake me up or I'm half asleep and aware of this noise. Maybe different from yours. I've always thought of it as just a stress/dream thing.

Posts: 464 | Location: UK | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could it not be a form of inner balancing. I see
it similar to talking in tongues only without
words.

Posts: 135 | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post