The Kundalini Process: A Christian Understanding
by Philip St. Romain
Paperback and digital editions; free sample

Kundalini Energy and Christian Spirituality
- by Philip St. Romain
Paperback and digital editions

ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Kundalini Issues and Spiritual Emergencies    difference between kundalini yoga and kabalah middle pillar
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

difference between kundalini yoga and kabalah middle pillar Login/Join

posted
hi everyone im new in this forum well sry if i have posted in wrong place well im working with middle pillar exercise well im somewhat confused because middle pillar uses only 5 chakras while kundalini uses 7 are these 2 chakras are negligble effect or they are bypassed

Posts: 8 | Location: india | Registered: 19 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Welcome sai_ke_das.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I can tell you that different systems do identify different numbers of chakras. I don't think that matters much because, in the end, chakras are mostly a metaphysical construct created in the interest of supporting spiritual disciplines. That's my sense of it, at least, and perhaps that addresses part of your question.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
... chakras are a metaphysical construct ?????

Phil, when the k rises up your spine in bigger amount, you really can feel them, the chakras !
When you meditate on the heart for instance, you really can feel the heart !
When once you experience the subtle worlds (not with your physicle senses !) , you will never doubt their existences again

Posts: 130 | Registered: 08 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I've pretty much felt chakras as part of the subtle body, sometimes tight and constricted, other times open and airy, like inflated balloons - quite distinct, I feel, from nerve plexuses. Associated with endocrine glands, so 7, I think. Some systems conflate chakras, especially lower chakras, while others add some above the head and outside the body. I often get a sense of 7 running along the central channel when I meditate.

Posts: 538 | Registered: 24 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you guys for your beautiful expeirnces well im now days cleaning my chakras well today when i came from office i layed down on the bed the technique im using is surrendering to my chakras well as i surrendered to my root chakra i begin to feel blockages emotional and physical i cleared it out by surrendering to it after then i continued like this till my crown chakra till when i reached my third eye chakra i was near sleeping and surrendered it my head expanded and when i surrendered to crown chakra

Posts: 8 | Location: india | Registered: 19 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the thoughts begin to come in my mind i begin to see images i dont remember it but i think i saw some people watching a bright light i let it happen then i closed in middle well my main motive to do kundalini jagran is to making of my new bliefs from internally i mean i need have data from source not from outside world

posted Hide Post
I've felt the heart opening, a kind of light airy expansion, and I've felt the burning too. Also, a kind of rapture coming from the heart quite often, like a sweet, rapturous pain, everything dissolving in delight in the heart.

The hand chakras are interesting because I very often experience a strong sensation in my palms when I take communion or when I endure suffering, and I've related it to stigmata, sometimes wondering if there's a connection. I thought it might be power points in the meridian, but never thought of them as chakras. I relate to Padre Pio very much and your assessment of his stigmata is very interesting, Bliss.

Ultimately I can see where there might be hundreds of chakras inside and outside the body, but I do feel comfortable working with the traditional seven. That seems to be the most popular system.

Great input, Bliss!

Posts: 538 | Registered: 24 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree that chakras are real experiences and not just constructs. I have been meditating on the chakras for many years and I can feel different nuances of flavours of bliss within them. Bliss in the head, joy in the throat, love in the heart, peace in the solar plexus and a feeling of excited joy in the abdomen.

There are different systems of chakras. The Hindu system has seven, the Taoist has three (head, chest and abdomen) and Tibetan Buddhism has five and many minor ones virtually in all the joints. On a 'good' day I can feel those too, particularly in the palms of my hands and in my eyes.

In Tantric Hinduism and Buddhism the chakras are of vital importance and need to purified through the rising kundalini. In fact, the purification of the chakras is the main purpose of the kundalini. All our negative emotions and attitudes are held in the chakras, for example, fear in the solar plexus, anger in the abdomen and cruelty in the heart. So, we all are feeling our chakras all the time, either in their unpurified state as our negative emotions or physical pain or in their purified state as the different facets of bliss.

When our chakras are purified and filled with the power of kundalini we will become able to manifest what the chakra represents - e.g. a real love relationship from the heart chakra or a lot of money from the navel etc. Chakra change means life change - I can attest for it!

Tara - find more help for kundalini problems on my website taraspringett.com/kundalini/kundalini-syndrome

Posts: 262 | Location: UK | Registered: 03 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Ah well . . . Wink

I think chakras are real if we think they exist and try to feel them. Mostly, I find the idea of chakras to be a helpful way to sort out different motives of attention, and how the body holds these different motives. That can be a real help in spiritual practice.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi yesterday while doing middle pillar exercise and balancing my self i saw flash of some people in white cloths i was somewhere else the place was beautiful and silent 2 of them approached to me and they have white long stick they offered me and said die for humanity well i was confused and i drifted back but i dont know whether is it my imagination or what or spirit contact need guidence thank you

posted Hide Post
Hi Sai ke das
In my experience, visions in meditation are best judged by the effects they have on you.

If they inspire you to be more loving, you can keep and cherish them. But if someone is left with fear, confusion or a sense of entitlement they should be dismissed as coming from some unhealthy part of your unconscious mind.

In either case it is important to remember that all spiritual practice should have the aim of making us into more loving human beings. Whether this transformation happens through visions, increased self-awareness or sensing the divine more closely does not really matter. So, in other words, we should not seek visions or get attached to them but steadily work on purifying ourselves from our selfishness and coming closer to God.

Hope that helps.

Tara - find more help for kundalini problems on my website taraspringett.com/kundalini/kundalini-syndrome

Posts: 262 | Location: UK | Registered: 03 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi i found a youtube link named by carol tuttel see her chakra cleaning technique in youtube they are awesome i used them after then i sat in meditation when i reached root chakra i felt intense fear i was frightened i accepted and let it go then i felt tingling feeling in the bottom of the spine when i moved forward i begin to felt tingling sensation on the crown chakra i think it begun

posted Hide Post
Hi Bliss
in Tibetan Buddhism (the system I use) the navel and the root are lumped together and called navel chakra - it's anywhere between root and navel. That's why I said the navel is responsible for material possessions - so no contraction to what you have said.

I have experienced something similar to you - since I work more intensely a lot more money is coming my way. Smiler Overall, everything is going more according to my wishes when I meditate on the navel a lot.

ais_ke-das,
please be careful with meditations that you pluck from the internet. Chakra meditations are powerful stuff and ideally, should only be done under the guidance of an experienced teacher and within the context of a spiritual path that focusses on love.

If it goes wrong (and it really sometimes does) people come to me, to put them right. So, I do know that a number of people are running into trouble.

posted Hide Post
hi kundalini therapist
well i came across many type of meditation but i cant get what i want went under shaja yoga what not such great experience found well know i came accross this middle pillar exercise well i added some chakra cleansing exercises too i also do taichi to enhance meditation but they all are time consuming well im simple office goer person so if you can so plz suggest me some type meditation which is effective till now im just experimenting but is working well it can be harmful to play

posted Hide Post
Hi Sai ke das
Firstly, you have to investigate seriously, why you are doing these meditations. Only if your aim is to serve humankind they will do you any good. Otherwise they will only make you crazy at some point.

Therefore, I recommend to always have a session on loving kindness meditation each day and to always dedicate every spiritual exercise for the benefit of all beings.

Without this loving intention energy exercises can easily derail into a gigantic ego-trip.

You should also be well versed in witness consciousness (observing the contents of your mind rather identifying with them.) Otherwise, you may get very very scared once paranormal experiences begin.

Finally, I recommend to develop much devotion to a higher power like God or Christ and humbly see yourself as the child of your higher power. This will serve as a protection against an ego-trip and also as a protection once paranormal experiences begin.

Hope this helps.