Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Premature kundalini awakening? Login/Join

Picture of Katy
posted
Is there such a thing as a premature kundalini awakening? Back in 1976 I had a major psychotic episode, and I always thought that is what it was, until a massage therapist recently (who knows a lot about kundalini and such things) told me it could have been a premature K. awakening. I did lose contact with realiity and was hospitalized for 5 weeks. Maybe my body wasn't ready for an awakening? I had been very involved in the Catholic Chars. prayer group at that time and came into contact with a lot of spiritual energy.. went to Kathryn Kuhlman services and all kinds of things..got "baptized in the Spirit" 2 or 3 times. But I was very emotionally unstable and physically weak (not to mention highly sensitive).

Since then I have grown a lot, and been healed of a lot and am much more stable and balanced (I think, lol)

I just still think about that episode back in '76 and wonder what the heck happened to me.

Any thoughts?

Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It could well be, Katy. Hard to say for sure. Sometimes a kundalini arousal accompanies pentecostal involvement, and it might even be the reason for psychotic episodes. Calling it "premature" would only mean that you weren't fully ready to integrate it. My experience in this area has been that the process doesn't really ever awaken "prematurely" unless one is really overdoing things with meditative and ascetical practices. When the process awakens during the course of spiritual growth and a deepening in prayer, it might still be disruptive, but it is happening "right on cue," if you will.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post