Paperback and digital editions

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seeing things Login/Join

posted
I've read a lot about auras but only see what I think is an aura from time to time. I do, however, see little "flecks" of light, tiny blue, white and gold sphere (maybe 1/16" in diameter) for a second of two. It's happening more and more lately. Does anyone have things like this happen to them.

Posts: 27 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: 22 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I see silvery purple flecks that look like lightning sometimes near people and other times near certain objects. It just started happening. Not sure if it is spiritual or if I am imaginining things.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 18 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I almost always see deep purple lights within swirling about, or gently flowing during prayer time.

In the right kind of lighting, I can see a kind of clear energy field around my hands and even around others. No colors, however.

---

P.S. Welcome, Joy! Smiler

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think it's either necessarily spiritual or purely imagination. It just seems to be one of those experiences that is hard to categorize...which makes it tetter towards the imaginative...but at the same time, I think it carries a meaning....which makes it also turn towards the spritual. Sadly, I just don't always know what to make of them. Sometimes I can spy them corresponding with things I'm doing or interactions with people or things. In that case, it's kind of a subtle, private cue I get from my senses to inform of something. Just wondering if others had similar things. As far as what you are talking about Phil, I think that's called hemisyncing....that process where the consciousness is perceived to try and reach a state of equilibrium between the two hemispheres of the brain. I tend to be more right brained, so I see energy flowing from the right to the left in my mind's eye. Sometimes, when I feel particularly balance, I just get waves of pale light flowing through my mind's eye without favoring one side or the other.

Posts: 27 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: 22 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
. . . hemisyncing . . .

Very interesting, Will. I suspect that's part of what's happening, but in the service of a deeper and more direct experience of self. If you do a Google search on "Violet Flame" and you'll find all kinds of sites and pages about this. It's usually described in terms of healing, and often attributed to the intercession of the ascended master "St. Germain" (no relation, btw Big Grin ). Obviously, some of these sites are just a tad new agey. Wink

The early desert fathers and mothers often spoke of beholding what they called the "Taboric Light," which is the countenance of God radiated within their being. There are also references to inner lights in the blue range, such as this one:
If you wish to see the transparency of your own spirit you must rid yourself of all thoughts, and then you will see yourself looking like sapphire or the colour of heaven. But to do that without interior freedom [apatheia]is not possible. Human beings need God's help in filling their emptiness with light and strength.
- Evagrius of Pontus, "Centuries"

Sapphire is the colour all right, and calling this experience a seeing "the transparency of your own spirit" is a good fit for me. There is a direct sense of self, a kind of union between see-er and seen in this light, as though in the light the two are one. Hard to explain, but this kind of seeing continues after one comes out of prayer and influences everything else that is seen.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by willsteele:
[qb] I've read a lot about auras but only see what I think is an aura from time to time. I do, however, see little "flecks" of light, tiny blue, white and gold sphere (maybe 1/16" in diameter) for a second of two. It's happening more and more lately. Does anyone have things like this happen to them. [/qb]
Will,

I often see little gold "flecks" of light around
people, especially in the area of their heads. They are generally intermittant and vanish completely after a short time. It's part of the process asfar as I know, not to worry.

Tonya

Posts: 11 | Registered: 26 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have had this experience just once in church when the priest was giving the homily on Sunday. He has passed away now. His name was Fr. McMahon. I was focused on him and his entire body was surrounded by a white light like a halo. He was all aglow in this white light, appropriately so. He was a good and holy man, a wonderful priest. Cakky

Posts: 5 | Location: Gramercy,La. | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post