Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not sure today. Login/Join

posted
Hello,
I started meditating and dream work around 1985. About one year after starting I had an experience I'll never forget. During meditation my eyes would move backward in my head that was somewhat painful. One time I entered a room with no windows or doors and sensed someone coming toward the room and it scared me. I mentioned it to my �on and off again� spiritual director with no response on his part. After his response to the room incidence, I only mentioned sharp pains on my wrists that happened from time to time. I never mentioned the white and blue lights (either during prayer or sometimes they would happen out of the blue), the tight prickly feeling around the top of my forehead, thighness between and just above my eyes and ringing in my ears that started while meditating. On one occasion toward the end of our relationship my director was impatient with my progress and asked if anything like �my ears ringing� was happening. I felt like I made a big mistake not telling him earlyer when the ear ringing happened, because the ringing started while praying. I think that this led to his severing our relationship.

Because of not finding answers to what was happening, I stoped meditating about 1994. All of the above happenings, except the room, still happened � and still do to today. One additional experience happening today is when my thinking is out of line in any way, my neck and shoulder muscles tense up quite severely and only subside if I change my thinking.

The beginning of this year I started meditating and doing dream work again. Not on such a level as before but it�s a re-start.

Not sure this all means any thing.

Posts: 1 | Location: Milw., WI | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scott, a lot of the phenomena you mention are on the lists of kundalini symptoms found in various books.

One thing I hear is that, for all these pressurings, tinglings, lights, and ringing, you were still doing pretty much OK. It sounds like the meditation intensified the stimulation to your nervous system, and that is, in part, what the kundalini process does.

My advice to anyone experiencing these kinds of symptoms and edging again toward meditation/inner work is to pay close attention to your own intuitions about what's going on. And by all means, let your focus be on God, and drawing closer to God. This seems to be one of the best ways to order the energy.

Keep us posted on how things go.

Phil

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Scott:
With much sadness i think the spiritual director i've know for several yrs. has ended our relationship. All because i mentioned that i had been psychic since childhood. I'm feeling really crushed. Even though i had gone to the contemplative community i'm beginning to understand that kundalini simply is thought of as occult among many and has nothing to do with spiritual issues. Integration of kundalini simply isn't part of the traditional picture i guess. Yet with my spiritual calling came a kundalini awakening. A very difficult process for me. I was very ill physically, stressed to the maximum emotionally and mentally Sorry to hear about your experience with your director also.
Peace
Sue

Posts: 400 | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Sue. Sorry to hear of your experience with that spiritual director. Anyone (especially spiritual directors) ought to be able to accept someone else saying they've had psychic experiences. That really not so rare, nor controversial. It's only when there's ego-inflation about this that it can become dangerous, or use the info. the wrong way. Maybe your director was just not comfortable with this and it has nothing to do with you.

Phil

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post