Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

yoga science and Jesus Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Michael I don't know anything about that yogi but I will check out the address and have a look at it.

I like that tearing down a building and building a new one at the sametime on the same location. The pretty much sums it up Smiler and that is just your mind. Wait untill your body is being torn apart and rebuilt at the same time. Major arrgg Smiler

Michael I hope it is ok if I change the subject a minute here but, is there anything that you, or anybody, has read about "The Tree"? It is turning out that our female/spiritual side's body looks like a huge tree with its top branches almost lost way up in Heaven and that its reality is based on vibrations. And that the vibration frequency of "love" really makes it happy!

Michael, anybody, have you guys ever run across this in the literature? Love, John

Posts: 82 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anywho, "Heaven is like a mustard seed that grows into the largest tree in the garden."

This topic is long enough so lets just tidy things up: Is there a relationship between Yoga Science and Jesus?

Maybe. In yoga science you have three bodies, mental body, physical body, and a spiritual body. And all three bodies make up us as we really are.
It is just that we don't know our complete self, just parts of it at anyone time and our minds have this worlds programming.

In Christianity we have a triune God. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. And all three aspects of God are one. The object is to bring all three aspects of God into union with the three aspects of us and then allow this union to become one. Because of the Sacrifice and Salvation of Jesus and His gift of the Holy Spirit, we as Christians can actually do this in one life time. Thanks for letting me visit. Love, John

Posts: 82 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm tracking with you so far, I think. About the tree, are you talking kabbalah and the Tree of Life,
or some other model. Could you post an example or diagram from the web?

About Aurobindo. I believe he is more important as a philosopher than any other Indian from the 20th century. Maharshi and Ramakrishna were the saints the saint and Yogananda was the missionary. At least in my beginner's mind I hold this picture. No doubt more will be revealed.

You seem like a poet. Any mystic poets figuring into your science? Rumi, Kabir, Tagore, Rilke?

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by acaveyogi:
[qb] Maybe. In yoga science you have three bodies, mental body, physical body, and a spiritual body. And all three bodies make up us as we really are.
It is just that we don't know our complete self, just parts of it at anyone time and our minds have this worlds programming.
[/qb]
John, I think we have many "bodies".. some more subtle than others. And I think that God works from the inside out.. Once a person accepts Christ, the Spirit is "saved", then, according to our faith, and "works" the other bodies become "saved" and lastly the physical bodies that we see.. our present bodies get healed and whole. Not many people get their whole selves, (all the "bodies") saved in this lifetime though. But I believe that it is possible... immortality in THIS lifetime.

Just my own humble opinion.

Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we have many "bodies".. some more subtle than others. And I think that God works from the inside out.. Once a person accepts Christ, the Spirit is "saved", then, according to our faith, and "works" the other bodies become "saved" and lastly the physical bodies that we see.. our present bodies get healed and whole. Not many people get their whole selves, (all the "bodies") saved in this lifetime though. But I believe that it is possible... immortality in THIS lifetime.

Katy, that makes a whole lot of sense to me. Thank you for sharing.

Love,
Tate

Posts: 77 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to throw a "joker" in the mix . . . the Catholic Church teaches that your spiritual soul is already immortal, so that's not the primary concern of religion or spirituality. It's how you develop your immortal soul that is the issue at stake. Also, there's no question of any kind of immortality to this body. We will all die, and everyone who was ever born has also died--even Jesus! There is no way to make your mortal body immortal, although you can do some things to keep it healthy, prolong your life, etc. In the end, however, the physical body falls away.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You seem like a poet. Any mystic poets figuring into your science? Rumi, Kabir, Tagore, Rilke?
Smiler Thank you Michael, I have smithed a poem or two in my day Smiler . But sadly Smiler I have no idea who those guys are that you are naming. I spent my life in meditation. I will tell you this though, You find something that they have said that you want to understand and I will explain it to so that you so that you do Smiler if you wish.

Katy I agree with you! And there is just no getting around that what you said, it is right. It is just that I am trying to approach things from the mechanics of things. The science in Yoga (Union with God) Science means "Everyone who "does" it will get the same results." Predictability. The question starts to be "does" what? The ancient Hatha yoga masters said that if you follow their method that you could achieve physical immortality in seven years. But of course nobody really knows their complete method because they wondered off and like everything else, oral and written history gets changed or lost. And it was suppose to have taken one of the Siddha masters over 300 years to become immortal and wandered off and how he and the others did it is lost. And then we have the Fae (Fairy Folk) they were real and immortal and wandered off and how they did it is lost. We have a few legends about them and most of these legends are northern European where these people lived. Some of the old folks in the Bible became immortal and wandered off.

So the question now is, "Is there a system, or maybe several different systems, that everyone can do if they wish and get the same results (science)?"

Legend and history is full of clues, but the only way that you can understand those clues is after you have done it at least to some extent. I don't want to be physically immortal, and I don't even what to participate in life, but after years of meditatave prayer I know how it is done. And I am experiencing the process. Katy, I did it the way that you said it could be done. Faith and trust in the Love of the Lord and persistence in seeking him.

Here is my dilemma, should I try to share this knowledge with other people? Is it even possible for me to do this? And there is nothing in this for me, I have already found what I was seeking, union with God. And if anybody ever takes me seriously I (and my family) will never have a quiet moment for years and that is if I (we)survive the experience. I don't have a Heavenly body yet. There are billions of dollars being made in todays world off of religion. I am a threat to that (poor yoga folk, out yogied by an American yogi). I am you know. Guys this is my last message board, fair enough. When you guys get tired of talking to me I am going to go find something else to do. Love, John

posted Hide Post
caveyogi, can you point to any conclusive evidence that any yogi has attained physical immortality. Color me skeptical on that point. Wink

No need to quit posting. Things are a little slow here sometime, but feel free to share whatever you like and invite whatever discussions you want to be part of. It's nice having you here.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil:
[qb] Just to throw a "joker" in the mix . . . the Catholic Church teaches that your spiritual soul is already immortal, so that's not the primary concern of religion or spirituality. It's how you develop your immortal soul that is the issue at stake. Also, there's no question of any kind of immortality to this body. We will all die, and everyone who was ever born has also died--even Jesus! There is no way to make your mortal body immortal, although you can do some things to keep it healthy, prolong your life, etc. In the end, however, the physical body falls away. [/qb]
Phil, Actually I partially agree with this. When I say immortality of the physical body, I mean, it is a body like Jesus' resurrection body... not totally a spiritual body, but not the same physical body either.

Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TTB
posted Hide Post
Well I think pretty much the same way as Katy. The way I would explain it is that the immortal state of being is a state where your bodies from subtle to gross are in perfect union and you as a perfectly unified and integrated being is in a perfect union with God (Father, Son and the Holy Spirit). Your physical body is completely transformed and the borders between the physical and spiritual kind of fades away.

Posts: 16 | Location: Finland | Registered: 06 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, you keep throwing out those "jokers." The RCC can hold it's own with any humanist, scientist or
yoga practitioner, IMO.

johnpaul2weloveU.com <*))))><

John, you do the practice and I'll read the books,
and we'll all get there together in the end.

Here are some tasty morsels from the garden! Smiler

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J...al-Din_Mohammed_Rumi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabindranath_Tagore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabir

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainer_Maria_Rilke

You know those things that can't be given utterance? Guess no one told them! Wink

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
T.T., Katy and caveyogi, are you all suggesting that this kind immortal resurrected body can be developed through the practice of yogic methods? It almost sounds like you're saying that. Deepak Chopra is certainly saying as much.

Yet, again, where is the evidence that anyone has ever actually accomplished this? Aside from the anecdotal and highly mythical references to babaji and similar stories, I don't think there's any evidence at all.

It doesn't matter to me if you all believe this. My own belief is that it's not really possible, and that the full integration of the body in the Spirit is accomplished through our union with the risen body of Christ . . . that he is the one who raises us up . . . after we first die.

posted Hide Post
Thanks Phil for making me welcome! I am in the middle of your ministry Smiler and I am way out there in "Non Orthodox" and we and everbody here knows it.

And Phil to my knowledge there is no conclusive evidence, none Smiler The Bible says that Christians are suppose to be able to do stuff, the yogi history says that they are suppose to be able do stuff, and legend says that there was alot of folks that could do stuff. But there is no evidence of anybody doing it Smiler NONE ! Ain't life grand!

And then along comes JOHN Smiler They haven't been able to pin anybody down for at least two thousand years and yet, I claim to know.

And if I teach how it can be done...you are going to be a Christian! Or they are going to have to talk to the anti christ, I am sure that he will have a system, but good luck with it.

Now just for fun there is also a way that the ancients had that used simple gadgets that you could wear that worked as "pacemakers" for the immune system, for extended life spans. Medical science is going to have a ball with those buggers. The problem is that they are not expensive and everybody can have one. That one started with a simple question, "Father God, why is the unkh the symble of life?" The pharmaceutical (Hey Michael my speller is still working Smiler )people are not going to be happy about that technology. And there is more, but it has to do with science, not Jesus.

So with that said, thank you Phil for letting me nest in this topic, And I want it perfectly known that my immortal soul is in jeopardy if I ever do you or anybody here wrong and I take that seriously. I love our Lord and Savior (and Father God). Love, John

posted Hide Post
The Bible says that Christians are suppose to be able to do stuff, the yogi history says that they are suppose to be able do stuff, and legend says that there was alot of folks that could do stuff. But there is no evidence of anybody doing it NONE ! Ain't life grand!

I guess it depends what kind of stuff you mean. The Bible doesn't speak of people being able to avoid death and attain any kind of immortality for the body. Even if one could manage such a feat, I don't think it would be the same kind of resurrected body revealed by Christ.

And then along comes JOHN Smiler They haven't been able to pin anybody down for at least two thousand years and yet, I claim to know.

OK, I'm trying to follow, here. What is it you claim to know? How to integrate body and spirit unto immortality? Using immune system "pacemakers," as you call them? I'm open to all sorts of alternative methods of care, but that seems quite a claim you're making. People would be quite happy to have such a device, pharmaceutical companies notwithstanding (conspiracy theory alert! Wink ). And if this all has to do with science, then bring it on. Smiler

I'm not being a stickler about "orthodoxy" in dialoguing with you about this . . . just trying to see where you're coming from.

posted Hide Post
Phil I love you! You are wise and have a wonderful heart and are truly a man of God! Actually I agree with you Smiler I don't expect to recieve a heavenly body until Jesus returns. What we are actually playing for here is extended life spans. The immortals are not really immortal, they just live a really long time and they have the ability to wonder off to somewhere else.

So let me drift this by you and everyone just for fun: Heaven and earth are both a part of creation. And God was "not" in creation "when" He created it. So there is a reality that is beyond Creation Smiler And we as the adopted childern of God have the ability to join Him there, but only through the Sacrifice and Salvation of His Son our Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ. What we are calling Heaven is a part of Creation and Earth is a part of creation. Jesus is in the Heaven part of Creation and we are in the Earth part of Creation and what we are calling immortals are folks that can be in the Heaven part or the Earth part, as they wish. But they are still in Creation and Creation is not immortal.

Now here I have to run my "opinion": I think that Creation is a womb for God's babies. I think that Satan screwed things up and we are all stuck here. And I think that Jesus is the only "Path" out. The problem is freewill, we have to of our own freewill seek the "Path" out. The problem is the "shinys", all we see are the "shinys". Satan has strewn so many "shinys" out into Creation that our will is sidetracked by "shinys". We can't see the "Path" for the "Shinys". The question then becomes, "How do we work our way out of the "shinys"?" And what is funny is that the "shinys" aren't even real. But to us they are real. And the most difficult "shiny" of all is our concept of "self".

Hey Michael Smiler how is that for getting out there where words are thin? Love, John