Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Introduction and question Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:

But, trying to see it from a Thomist point of view, which I do a lot these days, energy activity is like a matter and our intellect/will is like a form. So energy experiencescan be transformed intoinsights,understanding, wisdom, if they are supernatural theycan give us even a revelation - our intellect feeds on them to understand andjudge. Like Phil did in his book on kundalini - the energy gave him a new outlookonChristian life and God. On the otherhand,our willalso formsour energy experience through acts of intention.Like Shasha andPop pointed out - we can "offer" our experience to Christ,we can use it to be closertohim,orit can be used by us as a distraction etc. If the energy is supernaturally infused, it can draw our willto God in an instant and put us in contemplative prayer. But we are always free in our using of intellect and will, and kundalini is just another part of our whole experience of life - the experience that needs to be understoodinrelationtoultimateTruth,andneeds tobe ordered in relation to ultimate Good we alldesire to possess after death. It sounds simple, but it's very difficult, at times at least.

But what we experience,as faras I observe people sharingat SP,seems to be that if the energy experience is ordainedtoJesus,the Way,Truth and Life, than it's much more ordered and fruitful, than if it's not. Just like our experience of marriage, celibacy, work, fun, rest and so on. What is great is that we can share here and together understand what does it mean, what's going on for us, and then decide what's best to do about it, to put it in the contextofour deepestlove anddesire.

So it's good that the samethings repeat themselveshere.I like to be reminded of even simple things . Thanks.

I think we're inclined by our fallen nature to be attracted to the medium through which God interacts with us. From a certain point of view, this tendency could plausibly be associated to our secret and hidden desire to cut God out of the picture and usurp his position in the whole matter. After all, if we've got the "fire of the gods," the mechanism through which we can become more divine, then who needs God, anyway? This "Promethean" impulse is strong within us, so I think it's prudent to be on guard when our attention starts to wander from God to his "fire."

When thought about in this light, the act of surrendering to God makes more and more sense. One of the reasons mysticism is considered dangerous in most religions is because it's such a fine line to walk between cooperating with and participating in God's interaction with us, and trying to take over the process.

Paul

Posts: 119 | Registered: 08 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
When thought about in this light, the act of surrendering to God makes more and more sense. One of the reasons mysticism is considered dangerous in most religions is because it's such a fine line to walk between cooperating with and participating in God's interaction with us, and trying to take over the process.

excellent post Paul.. i might add another didbid of truth that i have found most revealing within my own walk with God.. that is running away when the purification process gets to intenseSmiler.. by His mercy He follows.

Posts: 281 | Registered: 19 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post