Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possibilities? Login/Join

posted
Hello everyone,
My name is John and by the grace of God I found Phil's ebook about a couple years ago after searching for answers like many of you to what was going on with me. I continue to have a spontaneous kundalini awakening. The quick version is I had been sober for three years of off booze and hard drugs. During this time I learned, from the elederly priest who became my friend and took my off the street confesion, how to say the rosary. I was baptized but never attended church growing up and it was a protestant baptizm at that. Someone at a rehab had given me alittle prayer book with simple christian prayers I would say at night. This began my christian life, although looking back Jesus was always there.
I always had a belief in God but I never knew how personal he was not to mention praying to Jesus or mother mary was science fiction voodoo to me. But I did.
Through the grace of God I received my family back. I have two wonderfull little girls and a wife I would walk through fire for as she has done for me.
Serious family trauma came my way and it seemed God was taking away everything he gave me back. This was three years into sobriety. I continued to pray the rosary and a friend prayed over me two weeks later that I be given the gift of tongues. Not soo much voodoo any more as I spoke in glossalia immediately. Two days later after speaking in glossalia after saying the rosary, whammo, tickle or vibration in genital area, glossalia sped way up, legs from knees down in praying position kicked up and forced out to side, muscle costrictions and heavy shaking occurred, body temp way up, energy flowing in a big way.
Scary but not soo much as I had just said the rosary and was praying in tongues. Luckily a few weeks later I discovered that this was called "kundalini". One week later I found Phil's book as I had that problem of east meets west.
Today family is back, kundalini still roars but alot of cleansing has taken place as I don't shake soo much and my muscles don't constrict as much. I get to that place that seems to pull the veil away from this plane of existence to the next, or maybe simply put closer to God.
I have read many threads recently as I have developed an interest in seeing if I can use what is happening to me through a channel such as reiki. I got some advice that I should perhaps just stick to my day job as an electrician, be gratefull for what I have, which I am very much soo. I guess the best way to put it is if something isn't broken why fix it.
I asked some new ager online the other day for some advice. Wow. I think its difficult for some people to accept that kundalini can start as an activation of the holy spirit through prayer and meditation. She said don't pray the rosary and pay me $75 bucks to speak with you on the phone for a half hour!
After reading her email I got down on my knees and prayed the rosary and counted my luck stars. I felt dirty even receiving and reading her reply.
I really would like to learn more about the possibility of perhaps reiki or maybe its just prayer and laying on of the hands to help people. I've never layed my hands on anyone and prayed over them to help but when I look back that's how this whole thing began with me.
Hail Mary JD

Posts: 9 | Registered: 14 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi John---No advice from me; I just wanted to say I was touched by your story---"...although looking back Jesus was always there."

Posts: 578 | Location: east coast, US | Registered: 20 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read some interesting information today concerning christian reiki as well as testimony from a nun in the netherlands who practices. Alot of verses out of the bible paraleled reiki's intentions from what I understand. I also read a scientist's interview on reiki with James L. Oschman. a phd. Very interesting as science confirms that these frequencies are emitted from certain people and absorbed into other's bioelectromagnetic fields basically kick starting natural repair or adding to it. I wonder what kind of experiments have been done and if an awakened kundalini can be picked up by devices? Probably if I dig deep enough through these threads I will find the answers I seek. I am considering one day learning reiki or perhaps like I said above it is something the holy spirit has awakened already I will discover. Whichever the case may be I am gratefull for my life and the mysteries that make life soo much fun. JD

posted Hide Post
Hi John,

Thanks for sharing your story. Phil and this website have been a blessing to many and I thank God for the guidance I have received here.

I started a number of threads a while back asking similar questions regarding reiki. The advice I received then was to consider reiki carefully before pursuing it. When we channel energy, as in reiki, we channel the energy through our consciousness and the energy is not pure energy from God, but rather a mix of our own energies which we are transferring to others. Some on this forum have had very negative experiences after receiving reiki from therapists. I never did pursue learning reiki as I understood what was being warned about. It may be helpful to search "reiki" in the search option and reading some of those earlier conversations. I pray that the Holy Spirit will continue to guide you in this investigation.

Much Love in the Lord Jesus

Jacques

Posts: 716 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the replys,
I've read through some of the posts after using reiki in the search engine. I think I've gained more insight from your replys then from reading the posts. Rapping my mind around some of them along with the philosophical debates , as interesting and important to me as they obviously are, can be a tad confusing which is ok. I'm just going to keep on praying and see where the holy spirit leads. I haven't been let down yet. I have had two sessions with a reiki instructor who had a kundalini awakening starting in the 70's and I did so after receiving this guys number from a friend I spoke with about my life. To date he is the only person in Vermont I have met who has gone through, or rather continues to go through the kundalini experience. The sessions were free, I wasn't getting the so called attunement where I was "given" the attunement to use reiki on others. I was his individual class of one student and himself giving me a reiki healing session. I prayed the rosary both times before going in and did not have a negative experience. He has told me that they are distinctly different and I guess I wanted some more feed back before I pursued any further. I'm feeling like I need to get off the computer and pray right now and release some energy. Good Night and God Bless JD

posted Hide Post
ok I'm done. After prayer and meditation I did the dictionary test( how I get answers sometimes) First words placed finger on "to get just the right amount, do not covet more" I'm done with that pursuit, wanted to share. JD

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnd:
I really would like to learn more about the possibility of perhaps reiki or maybe its just prayer and laying on of the hands to help people. I've never layed my hands on anyone and prayed over them to help but when I look back that's how this whole thing began with me.
Hail Mary JD

Hi John and welcome to SP! Thank you for sharing a bit of your journey with us. I am thanking God for the wonderful blessing of having your family restored and for your coming to deep faith in our Lord.

I don't know if you're still wondering about reiki, but I'm struck by your comment above about using reiki or maybe "just prayer and laying on of hands to help people" Well, if you're interested in healing, may I suggest you consider checking out a church that has a prayer/healing ministry.

You certainly don't need kundalini to be a healer; you certainly don't need reiki training to be healer either. In fact, I'd join in with Jacque's warning and add further that the manipulation of energy is actually a bad route to God's healing ministry. Energy manipulation as a means of healing may certainly be effective, but it has a lots of baggage attached to it.

I experienced kundalini many years ago, and I pray for people at my church for healing. I often experience energy move up when I pray in tongues, but it's only the Holy Spirit which is responsible for healing when it happens through my prayers. In fact, I *avoid*, as much as I can help it, any and all 'openings' of energy flow between me and the person with whom I'm praying. I pray in Jesus' Name that He be the healer when I lay hands on people for healing.

If you're interested in more on Christ's healing ministry, I started a few threads on it...somewhere. Let me know if you want more info on where.

Christ's peace and love be with you and your family!

Shasha

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for the reply's and comments. I have not gone any further and do not intend to with the pursuit of Reiki. This gift of kundalini and other reasons has been compelling me to pray and meditate more than usual the past few days. It's hard to finnish saying the rosary the past few days before the kundalini roars through. I'll say it in my head when I don't have enough oxygen or when my face becomes tight and contorted. I feel the need to finnish praying the rosary that way no matter what as it only seems like the right thing to do even with kundalini. I would like to learn more about Christ's Healing Ministry and will search for your threads from the past. God bless you all in these trully momentous days.