Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drugs and Kundalini Login/Join

posted
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anybody knew why there seems to be a connection between drug use (especially LSD, Marijuana and ecstacy) and the ability to see/feel energy movements and the stimulation of kundalini.

Also, I was wondering whether the same rule of moderation in alcohol would ever apply to drug use. I am not really asking because I want to use drugs, but really just wondering whether drugs are evil in and of themselves or whether it is addiction caused by drugs, which then restricts your freedom as a human being and damages your health, that is the problem.

Much love in the Lord Jesus
Jacques

Posts: 716 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jacques:
[qb] ...there seems to be a connection between drug use (especially LSD, Marijuana and ecstacy) and the ability to see/feel energy movements and the stimulation of kundalini.[/qb]
Jacques:

I did a little marijuana when I was in my junior year of college. Looking back it was scary and caused a lot of person/environment fit problems. I don't do drugs now, except alcohol in moderation.

However, I am replying to this post because of some art that I saw Monday that struck me as very kundalini experience resonate. Later, I listened to an interview by the artist and his wife (also an artist) about the fact that they both do the sorts of drugs you mentioned as an integral part of their creative process (they have a teenaged daughter and they have never done it around her and she does not do any drugs).

You can see the art here:
(when you find the page, click on "sacred mirrors" at the top left, then on the page that comes up, go to the top right and click on "view the sacred mirrors.")
http://www.cosm.org/

His book of art has an intro by Ken Wilber.

He also mentioned Huston Smith using such drugs. Here is an interview with Smith:

http://www.thinking-allowed.com/smith.html

Hope this is useful. I'm sharing this because I found it helpful and informative, but with a note of caution for you in particular. I'm also praying that you do well in your studies and as a father and husband... so, if this line of research, including any efforts to make K happen, does not currently fit with these areas of your life, you might want to put off exploring them till later. (recall, I'm 45, childless, working only part time and dealing with a K awakening that came at 33, not of my bidding.)

I think the best preparation for contemplative grace is a regular meditation practice, daily or better yet, twice daily. Notice the highs and lows and just keep practicing. Get a deep understanding of inner silence and witness consciousness, and keep practicing.

Respectfully wishing for you balance and patience in your search,

Posts: 455 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ryan,

Funnyly enough I had come across these sacred mirrors before. Didn't know the guy did drugs though.

I suppose it just leaves me wondering whether there is a spiritual potential in drugs or if it is all just a satanic deception.

Thank you for the advice. I take it to heart.

Posts: 716 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post