Tools

kundalini and the devil/demons>? Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Dear sftm,

No harm done; no need to apologize.

I hope you continue to feel comfortable sharing with us. Smiler

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
after going through this. I have it on very good authority that this is indeed a demonic, opressive postulation of pride. After repenting of this and seeking the counsel of very strong christians, I have been renewed spiritually (though it is a thorn in my side a bit still) I have gone through lots of deliverance and most of the physical sensations have left too. there is hope for this, but try to get help before the final stages of this. repent of pride and repent of the lifestyle of humanism and witchcraft, yoga and agreements with the spirit of death. Get help from a strong christian who has dealt with deliverance, even possibly join a discipleship school put on by ywam. The kundalini is a manifestation of delusions of grandeur and making it to some level of nirvana that is only a trap for your soul. Do not dabble any longer, find help ASAP and repent. I mean of anything assosiated with it...even if its a physical repetious ritual like stretching or breathing or visualizing or qi gong or anything... bless you all. i love you and hope for you to all experience life to the fullest, but that is only in the light and the light is not something seen but how you live and how you do or dont subject your lives to others and get prayer and be honest with people so they know the real you...being in the light in repentance and subjection is the how Jesus can speak to Us. Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you. dont lose this wonderful reality by chasing a fantasy.

Posts: 36 | Registered: 14 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
quote:
try to get help before the final stages of this. repent of pride and repent of the lifestyle of humanism and witchcraft, yoga and agreements with the spirit of death.

I don't know anyone who hangs out here who is into that sort of stuff.

Your sharing on this thread and a couple of others you've posted on indicates that you've fully given your life over to Christ, which is the most important thing. If you hadn't done so before, then that might be one reason why you were disturbed by some of the symptoms you were experiencing.

Posts: 3955 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Proverbs 10:17 (New International Version, ©2010)

17 Whoever heeds discipline shows the way to life,
but whoever ignores correction leads others astray.

Posts: 36 | Registered: 14 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
So . . . just what are you implying, sftm?

You seem to have erroneous assumptions about what's being taught here about k. No one promotes or encourages it. Have you even read some of the discussions?

Fwiw, your analysis of k shared above -- the one you got from a "very good authority," is deeply flawed. And if you ever really experienced K awakening in the first place, then you are surely not yet done with it, no matter who prayed over you or what their supposed authority on this matter is about. Might as well try to reverse adolescence, which can seem awfully demonic (maybe more!) as well.

The purpose of K is to cleanse the body/mind and stimulate the chi/nervous system so that one can live in a state that transcends mental-egoic consciousness. "Oppressive postulation of pride" is the direct opposite of what K is about, so whoever told you that flat out doesn't know what they're talking about. Maybe some people start out that way -- wanting enlightenment, true self, etc. -- but if they truly awaken K, then those sort of motives will be purged out in short order.

As I've stated on this forum many times, I do not encourage people to go chasing after this experience. Most who come and post here were not seeking it in the first place, self included. It arose in the context of deepening contemplative prayer, and that's the proper context for it, I believe. It must be under the direction of the Holy Spirit to accomplish its true purpose, which I've stated above. Of course, I know some evangelical/fundamentalistic teachers have a problem with contemplative prayer as well, but that's just ignorance on their part.

Posts: 3955 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was doing kundalini yoga when I had left my faith but haven't practiced it for a long time and have since returned to Christianity. I don't intend to return to yoga but I dont like unnecessary judgement, yoga helped me a great deal when I was having severe anxiety attacks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SpongeCake,

Posts: 2 | Registered: 12 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Hi SpongeCake, and welcome to the forum.

Yes, people have attributed all sorts of amazing things to K awakenings. Hard to say what's true in all that, and what might be influenced by evil spirits. There are many who've had positive experiences with K process, however, including many Christians.

Glad to hear you're finding your way back to Christ.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil:
Sorry if you've felt discounted at times, Stephen, as that hasn't been the intent, as I hope you know. It's clarifying that you qualify your remarks to mean a connection between higher consciousness and occult evil. I can see that, only, as w.c. noted, I think the vulnerability to evil isn't so much related to higher consciousness per se as to other factors. E.g., in your own case, as I recall, it was your exposure to the services of a new age psychic that wounded you; in Shasha's, involvement with Easternish disciplines. I take these struggles and the possibility of evil spirit ensnarements seriously, and I do believe this to be one of the pitfalls of seeking higher consciousness, enlightenment, etc. apart from an explicit religious context -- preferably a Christian one. Even if there were no evil spirits to complicate things, our metaphysical woundedness (from the Fall) is such that it's extremely difficult to sustain peace and balance in higher consciousness apart from the stabilizing influence of Christ and the Spirit. That's why I've never, ever encouraged anyone to seek kundalini awakening or opening the higher chakras as ends in themselves. Unfortunately, many have done so, almost always with good intentions, hoping to be more "awake" or at one with everything. Such experiences are sometimes realized for awhile, but almost always with negative consequences, none the least of which can be this vulnerability to evil spirit.

All that said, I do believe that a great deal of what is attributed to the influence of evil spirit can often be explained in psychological terms. It also seems to me that there's a widespread tendency to view the actors on one's personal stage to be God, Ego and Satan, with little consideration being given to the unconscious. Jim Arraj has written about this in many essays on innerexplorations.com.
- E.g. http://innerexplorations.com/chtheomortext/lack.htm

So, it's a complicated topic, and need not be a matter of either/or with respect to human/diabolical influences unto evil. Catholicism has a long, deeply-considered tradition of sorting this out, with specific criteria to indicate diabolical possession (one wonders whether the current Vatican exorcist makes much use of this). Between possession and complete freedom, there are many possibilities, including harassments of all kinds. I think it's quite possible, for example, that ordinary human anger is often amplified through the influence of evil spirits, who can read the human energy field, including the thoughts we're irresponsibly "broadcasting" out into the universe. Spirits can communicate telepathically with us, introducing negative thoughts into our own field of consciousness, stirring things up more than we'd be doing on our own. I don't think "the devil makes us do it" is a good excuse for our bad behavior, but it surely diminishes our freedom to act lovingly. What I do believe the devil seeks most is to ruin relationships, and there are innumerable ways to do this apart from involvement in the occult, which has its own peculiar dangers, to be sure.

Thank you so much for this forum...and this post expresses much of what I have come to understand about the psyche.

Posts: 38 | Registered: 29 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
You're welcome, aviela. It helps to know that these older discussions are still doing some good.

posted Hide Post
Oooops....forgot to link the adyashanti video
Here it is in case anyone wants to watch the interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?f...bedded&v=lUTF8n_WJko

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
aviela, that's almost an hour long -- a bit more time than I have extra these days.

What did you like about this, or dislike? Why did you post it on the discussion about demons?

posted Hide Post
Hi Phil,
Oh...yes it is really long Smiler
there are alot of shorter clips on youtube.
I thought it went well with previous posts on psychological "voices" vs. demons/spirits that have been discussed.
That's all....I think he has some interesting things to say about the nature of the mind....he comes from a Zen Buddhist perspective, and that might be helpful to people who are experiencing negative things Smiler)

quote:
Originally posted by aviela:
Adyashanti on Awakening -
I just watched this video of Adyashanti and he talks about Kundalini experience and voices.
And he clarifies that the voice he heard was not from what he called his "superego" which would be a critical voice.....and I sometimes think the negative voices that are mentioned here and attributed to demons etc may be coming from the unconscious mind....self criticisms, self judgement, criticisms, etc.
Just thought to share. Smiler