Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Introduction and Questions Login/Join

posted Hide Post
@Everybody Smiler

I believe that the Bible is the word of God and I am not an ancient alien theorist. I have studied in depth what they are presenting and have found it to be absolutely unnecessary when it comes to one's relationship with God, Christ Jesus, and the Holy Bible. About Evolution? Evolution is a part of God's Creation and is going along with what God started with Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden. Everything that is a living organism on this planet has the same basic genetic code from there it is just a matter of what is stimulated in that code and what is not which is how Evolution is built into that code. The ability to adapt to changing environments is built into that code and that ability to adapt to changing environments is what results in what science is calling Evolution.

Now if one wishes to correlate what the Bible says about the Garden of Eden with what science knows so far (and that does not have to be done for anything other that a curiosity) one has to put the Garden of Eden back to the days of before the extinction of the dinosaurs. This is because in those days the Earth was watered by dew or mist and that was how the plants in those days got their water. The Garden of Eden was created to be a place to keep flowering plants which did not exist in the wilds of those days because they needed rain or irrigation to exist and Adam and Eve were created to care for that Garden. They were the first farmers so to speak. And when Adam and Eve left the Garden they took the flowering plants with them and continued to be the first farmers. And Noah also took these flowering plants and the animals of the field with him on the ark during the Flood which killed of the dinosaurs. That puts things starting over again somewhere around sixty-five million years ago with that being when flowering plants first showed up in the fossil record and becoming wide spread along with the animals of the field (mammals). Because the Earth's surface has changed so radically during the last sixty-five million years there isn't any evidence that Noah and his colony of humans, plants and animals ever existed. All we have lift are the results of what they evolved into.

And what science and the evolutionists do not want to admit to themselves because they want to prove that God does not exist is that living things can evolve backwards, so to speak, along with other directions to adapt to different changing environments. Homo sapiens did not evolve from the ancestors of the great apes because Homo sapiens were the ancestors of the great apes. The great apes are lines of human that evolved overtime to adapt to a jungle environment and from there back toward Homo sapiens again do to environmental change. Science has gotten into its thick head that evolution only goes one way and they use that idea to prove that Christian Scripture is not real and as an excuse to lead people away from God.

@les Les if you would like you and I can go to PM and have a look at what it is that you are presenting as an intellectual exercise. I don't have anything else to do and I like interacting with others. No problem if you wish.

Phil is going to shut down this topic because we have totally "Jacked it" and he is right about that. Phil I apologize for that and if the truth were known it is probably all my fault. I am sorry!

Love,
Tucker

Posts: 429 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 April 2011Report This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
quote:
And what science and the evolutionists do not want to admit to themselves because they want to prove that God does not exist is that living things can evolve backwards, so to speak, along with other directions to adapt to different changing environments. Homo sapiens did not evolve from the ancestors of the great apes because Homo sapiens were the ancestors of the great apes. The great apes are lines of human that evolved overtime to adapt to a jungle environment and from there back toward Homo sapiens again do to environmental change. Science has gotten into its thick head that evolution only goes one way and they use that idea to prove that Christian Scripture is not real and as an excuse to lead people away from God.

Oh no, dear Tucker . . . that's not the current scientific understanding, nor is it how science interacts with religious faith.

Evolution is real, and it's a valid scientific explanation for how life has become diversified. I know some Christian groups (evangelicals, fundamentalists) see a conflict between religious faith and evolution, but Catholics and mainline Protestant groups do not. Recent Catholic Popes are "on the record" with comments supporting evolution. It's just not an issue for us.
- see http://www.newsweek.com/pope-f...man-catholics-281115

The Genesis account of creation is not a scientific document, but a myth -- a story about truth: who the Creator is, how we are related to the Creator and creation, etc. There is no obligation to square evolution with Genesis. Science operates using its own methods, which are ultimately based on observation of existing things. God is the source of these existing things; science cannot account for how/why creation exists. The Hebrew God is considered the Creator of all things, including aliens who might have intervened. Other cultures have creation myths as well, and if they are referring to the same God that the Hebrews are, that's fine. It's understandable that humans in many cultures would have this common intuition about a Creator.

I'll leave the discussion open a little longer in case Jonitus wants to chip in, as he started the topic. Maybe this all addresses some of the theological questions he was having.

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No, this topic can be shut down. It went off the rails a few pages back. I feel responsible since I'm the thread creator, but that's probably just my ever-present Catholic guilt manifesting.

Posts: 13 | Location: Iowa, USA | Registered: 01 December 2017Report This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
LOL! Not a problem, Jonitus.

Almost every Internet discussion I've ever been part of meanders all over, and that's often the most interesting part. Smiler

I will close the topic now, and if anyone wants to continue some of the discussions from it, they can start off a new topic.

------------

Note to all -- see the announcement post that that Board will be read-only from Dec. 15 to Jan. 2.

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Report This Post