Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pain in center Login/Join

posted
Good morning friends,

Last night I had in interesting bout with pain in the area of my sternum down to my belly button all through my middle to my back. It started when I was going to sleep. Then at around 1:00, I had an energy rush that awoke me, as more or less usual. The unusual part was the pain. It had intensified. I got up and walked around, stretched a bit. I was clear headed. My limbs felt strong. Indeed I felt healthy as ever. I figured the pain would go away soon if I sat with it. I remembered Tolle saying of the "pain body" that if we are in the now, in the witness state, pain does not equal suffering. Twenty minutes or so passed. It was stronger. And I wasn't suffering. My mind was calm, observant. It seemed like "energy pain" if there is such a thing.

Even so, I took some Acetaminophen. More time passed. No relief. I went back to bed. I started to feel like groaning aloud. Finally I did so, knowing I would awaken my wife. She awoke. I described the problem, groaning between words. I suffered a little.

"Shall I take you to an emergency room?" she asked. I suggested we call our HMO's online nurse first. She agreed, but the moment she got out of bed, the pain left. That was at 2:43am. She didn't call. We both went back to sleep.

It has not returned. I'm feeling fine this morning, my day off. I think it was inner energy related and I'm grateful for having gone through the process though I don't wish for more of the pain part.

Posts: 455 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ryan, thanks for sharing your expereince. I relate to some of the pain you felt. Many times in my spiritual journey I felt pain not physical but energetical. Strangely I felt the pain at my physical body but the pain is not related to the physical body. Usually this pain comes when there is some blockage in the energetical body. In my case through meditation and prayer it clears automatically. What I need to do is simply to cooperate with the guidance spirit. However, if we try to fix it by ourselves the pain doubled. Surrender and faith are really the best medicine. I also felt pain when external dense energies, which can emanates from people and places, are attached to my energetical body.

Posts: 340 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Ryan,

What a night of pain for you. I hear your calmness coming through in this experience, but also your alertness and your wife's concern in case it would have needed medical attention. I am glad that you are okay now. Smiler

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ryan, strange things do sometimes happen, don't they? And it's not always clear why. I wonder what it means that the pain went away when your wife was ready to call the nurse?

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grace, Firebird, Phil, Thanks for your observations and questions.

Looking back, I know I don't have it figured out. But one factor is that the evening before, I ate a little too much food a little too fast. But that was not the only factor.

In regard to "surrender," I was thinking the same thing off and on that night. But once, when I "let go," stopped trying to control, the pain intensified and -- this scared me -- it went up toward my heart. I felt momentarily afraid I was going to die. That is when I groaned aloud. The fear of dying quickly passed.

Regarding the disappearance of the pain when my wife got up to make the nurse call, I see a couple of meanings. One, I think her concern for me shifted the energy. Two, the timing seemed to accent the idea that the pain was not the sort that physicians usually treat.

Posts: 455 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Ryan,
Maybe this is meddling, but I have to say your story is making me a little nervous, given that I lost my dad to a heart attack at a very young age. PLEASE don't be too quick to interpret a physical pain or symptom as an energy thing or a spiritual symptom.
A few weeks ago I wrote about periods of overwhelming tiredness and sleepiness being part of the symptoms of k awakening. Maybe they were and maybe they weren't, but when I went to the doctor I found out I was severely hypothyroid, and now medication is easing the crushing fatigue. So...be careful, dear friend. Remember Phil's admonition to have physical symptoms checked out.
Revkah

Posts: 82 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by revkah:
[qb] ... when I went to the doctor I found out I was severely hypothyroid, and now medication is easing the crushing fatigue. [/qb]
Hi Revka,

My dad had a heart attack too. He nearly died. I'm sorry for your loss.

So what we were calling world-weariness has a medical side. I'm glad for you that you found medical treatment for the fatigue. Our bodies and minds are so profoundly interconnected.

I recall reading about a study that showed a link between having too-full stomach and heart attack. Add some particular stress, and other as yet unknown factors, and I may have really been at risk of dying. A medical consult may be in order.

Point well taken.

posted Hide Post
Looking back, my discernment is that the pain in my center was the pain of separation my father, brother and uncle, all of whom I would have seen this weekend had I gone to the wedding of my uncles daughter, my sweet cousin. I would have liked to hug each of them. I was struggling over whether to go or not. After the pain incident, I felt free to go or not to go. Physically, since then, I have felt l as good or even better than ever in my heart area.

posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you've come to some insight on this, Ryan. Interesting how psychological wounds can manifest somatically, and in symbolically significant places. Good to let your doctor have a look at things from time to time, however, just to be sure there's been no significant damage.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night, during recollection, I felt a kind of dull ache in my chest and I knew it was specifically related to stress, power struggles at work. Sometimes recollection takes me beyond human relationship troubles, sometimes it takes me deeper into them. I'm told that Teresa of Avila often suffered such an ache and I'm guessing hers had to do with power struggle too. I'm further guessing that that is why she, if the legends are true, loved to wash dishes. Lately at work, I sometimes so want to wash dishes. That way no one would envy me, no one would fight me for position, or so it would seem when I'm desiring to wash dishes. Other times, by grace, I'm able to accept what is - I'm not there to wash dishes - and feel love for others around me regardless.

posted Hide Post
Ryan, am at peace in knowing that you are doing okay and that you had no serious repercussions from the pains experienced that past night. Everything works together within our wholeness, emotions and spiritual together can appear within physical symptoms.

As a spiritual intuitive I felt that you were okay, but like the rest of the concerned posters I recommend a brief check-out by your doctor, just to be on the safe side.

It's quite amazing how an emotion of love, fear, anxiety, worry, or anything that we may not even be aware of in our consciousness, can and does surface in physical symptoms.

Make me happy, and get checked out. Smiler

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post