New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kundalini Yoga Question Login/Join

Picture of Katy
posted
Hello Phil,and all,

I have not posted here in a long time.. although I check in every now and then.

I am involved in an online Healing program in which one of the assignments I have is some kundalini yoga exercises... actually just hand and arm movements so far. I have done Hatha yoga most of my life, but don't know anything about Kundalini yoga, and really have never been interested.

My question is, is it "O.K" to do it or not? One reason I am leery is that I am very sensitive, and have had K "symptoms" in the past.

But I do want to do all I can to feel better, if it would really help, as they say it will.

Thanks.
Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Hi Katy,

I guess is depends on what they're doing. "Kundalini yoga exercises" can refer to many different disciplines. Is there any reason you chose this instead of hatha yoga or some other form of stretching?

Just pay attention to inner red flags. If you start to feel like an exercise is pushing you too far, back off.

Let us know how it goes.

Posts: 3957 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Phil, all I know about K. yoga, in this course I'm taking is that we are to do K.Yoga hand gestures. I just don't feel comfortable doing hand gestures if I don't know what it means.. or the reason for it. I decided to just skip that part. I am paying for this course, by a holistic psychiatrist, and want to get the most out of it.. but it's only a 3 minute exercise, and I have my own established meditation practice, and yes, I also have done Hatha yoga most of my life, so at least for now I won't do that part of the program. Thanks again.

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post