New
Find
Notify
Tools

anti-anxiety medication Login/Join

<Asher>
posted
Hi everyone and happy New Year...

I'm wondering if any one resorted to anti anxiety medication during their spiritual unfolding? I went to see a medical doctor. She said I might try these pills for a month or so, as I'm having trouble concentrating as a result of pressure in the forehead etc and waking dream states. So I finally did take the medication and can function a lot better, although I hope that this medication is temporary.

Peace,

Asher

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<w.c.>
posted
Asher:

Glad you're getting good results.

If you're inclined to natural alternatives, there's some research supporting the use of some herbs that compare favorably to the effectiveness of drug therapy for this concern. It's best to contact either a licensed acupuncturist, or a naturopathic doctor, for consultation and evaluation, although some M.D.'s may be friendly with the idea. You should be able to find them in your area by doing an on-line search. Some cities have licensed Chinese medical schools, with supervised student clinics that are quite affordable.

Herbal alternatives appear to have far fewer side-effects, and may be a good idea to consider when dealing with any kundalini effects. Herbs that have research support you can find through a Pub Med search are: Passionflower, Scullcap, and Valerian. Again, best to at least speak to a licensed health care practitioner re: medical history, contraindications, etc . . . rather than self-treating. And certainly don't mix drugs with herbs.

<w.c.>
posted

<Asher>
posted
WC--

Thanks for those links and the info.

Best,

Asher