Paperback and digital editions

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can you still be Catholic while Kuindalini rises? Login/Join

posted
Been experiencing Kundlini rising for the better part of a year. I have looked into Buddhism, Hinduism, Kaballah, even Shamanism. All of these systems of spiritual belief offer an explanation for what is happening to me. Catholocism does not seem to have an answer.

Of course, Christian Mysticism may have the answer. But can you be a mystic and still truly call yourself Catholic?

Posts: 8 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by solo:
[qb] Been experiencing Kundlini rising for the better part of a year. I have looked into Buddhism, Hinduism, Kaballah, even Shamanism. All of these systems of spiritual belief offer an explanation for what is happening to me. Catholocism does not seem to have an answer. [/qb]
I'm not an expert on kundalini myself, but I am reading Phil's book on the subject. It provides a Catholic perspective on kundalini:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0824510623

quote:
[qb]Of course, Christian Mysticism may have the answer. But can you be a mystic and still truly call yourself Catholic? [/qb]
There are plenty of Catholic mystics. St. Teresa of Avila and St. John of the Cross both produced extensive writings on the subject.

Posts: 140 | Location: Canada | Registered: 26 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I would say that there are some catholic mystics on this forum, who experienced kundalini, as a result of their practice of spirituality.

We live among saints.

Posts: 52 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 08 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome solo. Glad to see you decided to share something of your story and your questions on the forum.

Of course there are Catholic mystics, and although there's no formal, developed teaching on kundalini (it being an infrequent occurrence even in Hinduism and Buddhism), our philosophical/metaphysical system can account for it. As Derek noted, I take this matter up in my book. You can also find a good little essay on the topic by Jim Arraj:
- see http://www.innerexplorations.com/ewtext/some.htm

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Solo:

Kinda depends on your definition of a Mystic. In some of the Eastern religions a Mystic is considered a Magician by Christian standards.

quote:
[qb] ........ But can you be a mystic and still truly call yourself Catholic? [/qb]

Posts: 135 | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post