Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Entry-level baptism ambivalence Login/Join

posted
Hello, I'm new here...

In a few weeks I'll be attending baptism classes, at my (Anglican) church of maybe eight years. Part of me is extremely excited, but part of me is troubled. The kundalini thing makes me feel like a heretic.

I find myself wondering how it will compare with my previous infusions with the Holy Spirit, and worry that relative to such sacred experience, this baptism will feel empty, or worse. I worry that I may feel I'm acting out a distancing charade, conforming not confirming, closing a door instead of opening one. And of course, I worry that I have this worry.

To put my concerns in scriptural terms, I don't have a clue what to do with Deuteronomy 18:9-14. Kundalini and astral projection are exactly what bring me to God. When I dream of the Holy Land and it's the sight of Jesus that throws me out of body, I'm reluctant indeed to reject the experience as an abomination detested by God.

I want to be open in the classes so I can grow through them, but also really don't want to risk excommunication. The symbolism of the baptism leaflet's design seems too esoterically accurate for me to abandon all hope of acceptance - in it, a stream of water from an off-page glow enters through the crown, fills the body to heart level and sends bubbles down centrally to first chakra position. I can't stop looking at it, it's beautiful. But again, I wonder if this visual is a synchronicity mirroring the intense infusion I had during the service that day, not any official ceremony downstream.

Tom

Posts: 2 | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom. Welcome to the forum.

If you read around on this particular forum, you'll find many discussions relating K to Christianity in some manner. The short summary is that I don't believe K experience or process makes one a heretic, though it's not necessarily the same thing as the Holy Spirit, either. In many people the gift of the Spirit is evidenced without K process being noticeable; in others, K process seems obvious but without the gifts of the Spirit. For many more, both come together. So, as I say, read around to see how we've tried to sort this out.

I would suggest that in your seeking Baptism, you make your first intent to be one of belonging fully to Christ. If there are energy stirrings that come with the Sacrament, that's fine (I suspect there will be as you're already open in this manner). But it might be different, and that's fine, too. As Christians, we allow Christ to govern how our body-mind-spirit system becomes integrated. Get ready for the adventure! Smiler

Posts: 3955 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Phil, that's helpful! I suppose my focus has been much more towards the Holy Spirit than Jesus thus far. With her so much closer than my skin, that intimacy has made me want to bear better fruits above all. To date I've seen Christ mainly as shepherd and role model for those better able to understand the Trinity in terms of its most physical representation, but do now see that that could be a limiting outlook! Baptism is a step towards bringing His body and blood every bit as close as the Spirit, so I think I feel the penny is starting to drop...

I've just received your book by the way, I have a lot of reading to do!
Tom

Posts: 2 | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post