The Kundalini Process: A Christian Understanding
by Philip St. Romain
Paperback and digital editions; free sample

Kundalini Energy and Christian Spirituality
- by Philip St. Romain
Paperback and digital editions

ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Kundalini Issues and Spiritual Emergencies    Very bizarre encounter in meditation... any thoughts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Very bizarre encounter in meditation... any thoughts? Login/Join

posted
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the board as i've related in another post.

Concomitant with my most recent spiritual emergency, I have experienced some rather new a bizarre phenomona.

I won't go into most of it as they are just things i need to work through, even if they are novel and very strange indeed.

The one thing i am very curious about, however, is that recently in deep meditation, in what you might call the samadhi experience, i encountered what seemed to be a representation of the divine female. Now this in itself is not abnormal, as I and I assume many other experience similar things all the regularly.

What really set off my bizarre-o-meter is that this "vision", after sending me a very loving vibe, suddenly shouted (and I mean SHOUTED) "DEMON". It shouted this right to my face.

And from that point I experienced a huge surge of K, even though I was already fully loaded at that point and in complete milk and honey territory.

I don't know, I am not really disturbed by this, but it was really strange. I mean, demon, that is some not so good stuff there.

I never felt the presence of evil, I didn't feel scared. But somehow just that word, and the fact that it was shouted at my face, sticks out in my mind.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Appreciation goes out to anyone that can add a little insight.

Posts: 9 | Location: somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: 20 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Greetings karmachameleon, and welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure what to make of your experience. On the one hand, there's the "hit-you-over-the-head-with-a-2-by-4" interpretation -- that you're in contact with demonic influence. If that is the case, you'll notice a variety of signs of this presence in your life.

Another, however, is that this inner goddess is an archetypal "daemon," which might be understood as a symbolic or mythological entity or energy or force (or all of these), neither good nor evil.
- see http://www.yourdictionary.com/daemon

What do you think?

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hahaha, well the 2X4 experience seems unlikely to me... since I don't really believe in demons per se.

And I haven't noticed any signs that would indicate to me that i was somehow kicking it with a demon or some such thing.

I would tend to think its simply some sort of archetypal manifestation acting out in my subconscious. If you believe that i could be in a some sort of danger, however, what would you suggest i do?

Posts: 9 | Location: somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: 20 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
I don't know that you're in any danger . . . doesn't sound like you think so. I think you're interpretation is plausible. Time will tell . . .

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post