Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Kundalini Triggers & Completion Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Aw, Jacques, a few random quotes from the pope, un-nuanced, out of context, do not an argument make. A little fear mongering addendum, perhaps, although I'm sure you didn't mean it so Frowner.

This claim to "divinely revealed truth" (on issues like women priests in this article Confused) really does close down a debate, as if God couldn't reveal himself to people in India or Tibet, who let's face it, knew nothing of Abraham, Moses, even Jesus. No wait, they weren't allowed to formulate a spiritual culture until the message came all the way from Judea Wink.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Tara thank you for coming on the list to offer some assistance for those of us having some difficulties with Kundalini. My husband and i had a nice long talk today about why i've wanted to move. Understanding my needs more now i've come to see that moving should not be my first option. Acceptance of and changing my lifestyle needs to come first, then we'll see.

I've gotten so much from you sharing from your own process that I sincerely hope that the thread can continue to be open to Kundalini issues.

Hi Mary Sue
I am so glad you feel that my advice is helping you.

You also had a question for me at some point but I just can't find it anymore. If it is still important, would you mind asking it again?

Tara KundaliniTherapist

Posts: 262 | Location: UK | Registered: 03 April 2013Report This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Tara, would you be in favor of moving those parts of this thread that discuss Tibetan Buddhism to the Religion and Culture forum, where we could continue it, leaving this one for the more practical concerns regarding kundalini? I wouldn't do it unless you'd participate there. I don't mind leaving it in the mix with this discussion, either.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Report This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . . so many Catholics at Shalomplace feel called to warn, caution and dissuade...we're in good company with our Pope and Church.

Jacques, "warn, caution and dissuade" about what? As a "Catholic at Shalomplace" I just don't get this hyper-vigilance about discussing kundalini issues and spirituality with someone from another religious tradition. Some of the content and tone of those "warning" posts has come across as self-righteous, arrogant, and even condescending.

Check this out:

Apparently Pope John Paul II didn't mind standing in the presence of and even praying with people from other religious traditions. He wasn't concerned about demon infestation, or getting his energy field polluted, or even being misunderstood about saying it's all the same thing. I wonder what the righteous folk at uber-Catholic forums thought about that? I know there are lots of websites (largely evangelical/fundamentalist) who condemned him as an apostate.

Who among us professes to be more Catholic than Pope JPII?

Could we give all that a rest? There are obvious differences between the world religions, but can we not learn from one another, especially about a universal phenomenon like kundalini?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Phil,

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I apologize Phil, it was not my intention to throw fuel on the fire, only to suggest that it isn't an either or issue. We are called to discern and remain true to the faith, even while we are called to dialogue and discuss areas of compatibility and divergence, and even point out where we fear areas of concern may lie.

I agree that sometimes those warnings come across with a zealous passion that may sound arrogant/uncharitable/self righteous, but we all speak passionately at times about the things we care most about and those who represent the opposing reality will end up bearing the brunt of our passion...no judgement either way here, just noting the way we are as human beings. I think many of us discuss concern over issues while knowing deep down that we are not coming across very well and wish we could share our concerns without sounding like fundamentalists.

Anyway, I can see how these warnings break down the vehicle of dialogue, but hopefully you will allow a thread to discuss these concerns, as long as they don't have inter-religious dialogue as their intention. Is this reasonable?

Posts: 716 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 August 2005Report This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
You're good, Jacques. Smiler

What would be wrong with inter-religious dialogue, however?

posted Hide Post
Jacques,

I'm not sure a space for warning or concern about the gods of other religions is entirely necessary, in that most of us here are devoted to Christ, and therefore don't see how these warnings, at least about deities, could be independent of inter-religious dialogue. By all means warn away about the demonic.

Most of the people who give these warnings here have had negative experience BEFORE becoming Christians, so I find it hard to discern whether their struggles were a direct result of another religion, or more about the individual's brokenness. That we find acceptance and healing with Christ (and I include myself here having had disastrous flirtations with the New Age) is really, truly wonderful, but I've known wounded people come to Christianity and experience all sorts of difficulties heaped on their wounds, particularly charismatic Christianity. So while Christ is wonderfully safe and gentle, the religion built about him isn't always so.

posted Hide Post
Thanks Phil,
And no, nothing would be wrong with inter-religious dialog. I just meant that if we were to discuss areas of serious concern that may be obstacles to dialogue (concern over potential demonic influence for example) we should probably do it on a thread dedicated to our concerns, i.e. the intention of the thread is to voice such concerns. Thereby we would avoid voicing such concerns on threads like this one that are more focused on inter-religious dialog. I hope I'm making sense Smiler

Posts: 716 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 August 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Stephen, I started responding to you and then found myself voicing the very concerns I just suggested be moved to a separate thread...so in the interest of trying to be consistent here I'm going to start another thread and see if it goes anywhere.

posted Hide Post
quote:
In order to get more kundalini into this practice it can be 'mixed' with degrees of sexual visualisation or practice. Doing this is extremely difficult as many people may be carried away by powerful sexual feelings. Also many peoples' sexuality is mixed with impure impulses, which is a challenge that is almost impossible to overcome. Therefore, sexual practices are rarely used - at least to my knowledge.

This is helpful, Tara, thank you.

I had a series of distant sexual contacts with an individual recently which I feel were ultimately designed to "get more kundalini in", as you suggest, in order to purify a path for divine life, which for me is Christ's life. This is controversial in terms of traditional Christian understanding of sexuality, but seemed to work, which is why sharing ideas from other faiths is really quite important.

posted Hide Post
Hi Samson
can you share more about these encounters or is it too private?

Kundalini equals power and therefore it is a dangerous path as this power can be abused. I like to compare kundalini to money - you can use it for good and bad purposes.

When it comes to sexual practices it is paramount that it happens in loving committed relationships - otherwise love and power will not be balanced.

Sexual practices are also very 'popular' in Taoism and unfortunately there are quite a few reports in which this is described of 'how to steal energy' from an unsuspecting partner. Obviously, not a good idea for ethical and karmic reasons.

Tara KundaliniTherapist

posted Hide Post
Tara,

There's a thread where the topic is discussed here:

Multidimensionality

I have a good degree of peace about it now, so it's not something I'm keen to resurrect. But if you have any insights, I might as well listen Wink.

posted Hide Post
quote:
There's a thread where the topic is discussed here:

Multidimensionality

Hi Samson
I had a client who had exactly the same two experiences: ET contact (UFO abductions with examinations etc.) and 'sexual contact' with someone who was not there in reality in her bed.

In Buddhism there is a clear advice on all these experiences: we need to take responsibility for everything that arises in our mind, no matter how 'real' it appears.

If we think of these experiences as having an absolute reality independently from ourselves then we could get into trouble. Loving and beautiful 'encounters' can turn nasty and if have allowed them to take on too much of a reality of their own it can be hard and almost impossible to 'switch' them off.

So, in all these experiences we should retain a sense of 'being the boss'. If these visions etc. further our spiritual development then they are welcome to stay but if they do not, we need to be in a position to say, 'it's just dream' or 'it's just a feeling that feels very real' and then dismiss it.

When it comes to the level of our mind nothing happens without our permission. This permission may be unconscious, so we need to take the reins firmly into our hands and assert that we are the master of our mind.

I have worked in this way with my client and it soon gave a peace of mind.

I know you have come to terms with it yourself - I am just writing this for anybody else who may be seeking advice on a topic like this.

Tara
KundaliniTherapist

posted Hide Post
Yes, Tara, spot on!

I had to take control of it and not allow myself to be led into delusion or whatever. I seem to have managed that, thankfully, with a little help from shalomplace. Thanks for your confirmation.

Stephen

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Transferring thread to Religion and Culture forum to move posts to a new discussion on Tibetan Buddhism. Please hold off posting until I give the green light. Smiler