Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is kundalini, spiritual emergency? Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions, W.C. I'll check out the book and the thread you mentioned and get back to you.
Revkah

Posts: 82 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grace:
[qb] I agree that kundalini works at different level in different ways. If we see from the classical definition of kundalini awakening the process started from the base of spine and go upward until its unification at the upper part of the head. I experienced this process. Nevertheless, I couldn't say my kundalini awake when the coiled Serpent at the base of spine began arises. As far as I know the process of my awakening started 6 years ago when I saw those sparkling lights and when I experienced the presence of almighty energy since then. It is the same process that intensified when the coiled Serpent began arise. So, I can�t say that my kundalini awakes when the coiled Serpent began arise. The question is where is the starting point of kundalini awakening?

Another point I want to touch in relation with kundalini is the roll of St. Maria. In my experience the roll of St. Maria and kundalini is very similar if not the same. The more I become in contact with my higher being the more I become convinced of it. For me it is clear that the roll of Maria is purification and I sense somewhere she has also higher task than purification but how I can't define it. [/qb]
can you tell me where you live in sverige. all 4 of my grandparents were born there. im a native of st. paul

Posts: 20 | Location: nj | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluebird:
[qb] Paula: Are you still around? I live in Guelph, near Toronto. I am not much of a resource as I am not dealing well at present with Kundalini if that is what is going on, as people say. I have received lots of helpful advice here, being just new to the board. I would be happy to chat with you, but probably can't be very helpful yet. Nice to know a fellow Canadian is here to discuss kundalini and spirituality etc. Welcome. from Bluebird [/qb]
my advice to you is to get a firm self identity. if you have the optimism to accept that you are god as taught by hinduism you shouldnt have any more problems

Posts: 20 | Location: nj | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The almighty. Would you describe the powers and gifts you now possess as a god, and why the need not to capitalize "God". Could it be that you see yourself as a smaller god being a spark of the God?. This would make a lot more sense since we are all a part of Him.

I find it so amazing that you have total control over yourself, for I find that life is a mysterious journey and so unpredictable. Even my morning awakening came because God said: "come forth", otherwise I could not have awakened to the day. In God I breathe, live and have my being, and without Him I am nothing but dust of the earth. I myself did not create the breath of life that God alone can give to our bodies.

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the_almighty:
[qb]
my advice to you is to get a firm self identity. if you have the optimism to accept that you are god as taught by hinduism you shouldnt have any more problems [/qb][/QUOTE]

the_al, believing one is God would be a firm self-identity, all right. But the question is why, if we are God, should we be ignorant of this in the first place? Why should God be ignorant of GodSelf in manifest human nature? Where is the omnipotence, omniscience, and immortality we should expect to see in people if we are God?

Christianity has a different understanding of human nature in its relation to God.

I'd like to suggest that you start your own thread in one of the forums to dialogue about your beliefs and experiences. Posting extensive quotes and responding with short quips is just cluttering up the board.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How precious is your breath of life beloved Father God. The man made oxigen is actually very devastating for the body and its cellular life.

A dear beloved spiritual teacher friend of mine chose to die willingly, being disconnected from oxigen which he would have had to breathe the remainder of his life. What a noble man he was. He did not want to be sustained by the artifical oxigen, but only God's breath. Breathing oxigen he could have lived several more years, but chose God's breath over the artificial breath of oxigen. Furthermore, he did not want to be a burden to his wife who would have to care for him. They were both elderly. He had the oxigen disconnected and under sedation returned to God peacefully.

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Freebird,

That reminds me of an incident between my grandfather and me. One day I felt inexplicably short of breath and had a thought, as if from outside, saying, "Don't put me on life supports." I told my wife about it. It didn't make sense. I was healthy and in no need of fending off unwanted medical treatment.

Then I got a call saying that my father's father had nearly died. He was gasping for breath due to respiratory problems, convulsing on the verge of death when the medics came. He resisted treatment violently, so they tied him down and sedated him as they had the right to do because he was senile and unable to speak for himself. It was as if I had felt his struggle already.

I flew down to Florida to be by is side. There is a special bond between grandfather and grandson.

Posts: 455 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi I realize this is slightly specific but I have a question about kundalani. I have felt waht I can only decribe as blocked energy for about 9 years now, except that it seems to have moved to just below my chest area. This can also at times feel like emotional pain and I had considered that maybe its some sort of repressed memory from very early life. It also seems to make me cry all the time even though I am not experiencing what might be deemed usual depression. I find zazen really helpful as it feels like teh energy is being released during the process. For me it a very physical feeling.
any advice etc appreciated

Posts: 22 | Location: japan | Registered: 11 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Rachel:
Just curious if the crying has just started since the energy has moved below your chest?
Or have you been crying for the past 9 yrs.

I haved experienced areas of blockage where there has been a need to cry. There
were no words to describe anything. The only thing that seemed to help was to surrender to YHWH and cry.

Ajoy

quote:
Originally posted by rachel:
[qb] Hi I realize this is slightly specific but I have a question about kundalani. I have felt waht I can only decribe as blocked energy for about 9 years now, except that it seems to have moved to just below my chest area. This can also at times feel like emotional pain and I had considered that maybe its some sort of repressed memory from very early life. It also seems to make me cry all the time even though I am not experiencing what might be deemed usual depression. I find zazen really helpful as it feels like teh energy is being released during the process. For me it a very physical feeling.
any advice etc appreciated [/qb]

Posts: 135 | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Ajoy
I have been aware of a sort of inner cry for the whole time, however it is mainly since I felt the energy move to my chest area that this emotion or feeling is much stronger. I think surrendering to it has been the best thing for me but Im not sure if this is kundalani or some emotional scar. Also even after crying now I can still feel the blockage so it doesnt feel like crying is serving to release whatever it is. Its a very tiring thing, I feel robbed of my energy. That said I think its really important to be with whatever it is, for me its started to affect my ability to work which is a bit of a problem so id like to find out more about what it may be, not so i can try to expel it but so that i can better understand it...
How long have you felt a blockage? does it feel emotionally related to something?

Posts: 22 | Location: japan | Registered: 11 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Rachel,

I'm listening: Your saying that there is a bodily felt sense of something that has been with you for nine years; that recently it moved to the area below your chest; it makes you feel like crying, but crying does not release it; it seems "rob" your energy... an emotional scar, perhaps kundalini related.

OK, here is a question for your consideration: How is the sexual aspect of your love life in relationship? Have you been robbed of a heart-felt happy ending?

You might try some focusing. When you get a chance, some free time and space, and you feel up to it. Notice the feeling and ask, "What is keeping me from feeling really good?" Various issues might arise. Choose the one you want to deal with at that time. Then sit with it. Observe. Without trying to change anything, notice if there are any subtile shifts. Notice feelings beneath the obvious feelings you first noticed.

Warm regards,

PS Have you read Henri Nouwen's book Bread for the Journey? I'm deep into it, and I think his wisdom and faith might be useful for you. Joy and suffering always come together, he says.

Posts: 455 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Rachel:
For me, Kundalini is experienced as a very strong sexual movement of energy.
Perhaps others will respond to your questions also. I will suggest several things
for your consideration to explore. I see Ryan has responded and that's great.

I had blockages going back into the womb.
But this seems to come in layers. And maybe
there's a going deeper mixed in amongst the
layers. So one may not always be experiening
the same thing, but many different experiences
that have settled in the body somewhere. Like
bits and pieces without really understanding what
is happening.

Is there any possibility that you may be resisting something. Resisting knowing or
letting go of something? For me resisting is exhausting and doesn't clear up an issue whose time has come to be released.

At times there was experienced such a deep sadness or fear that arose in prayer,i thought i would surely die. But i didn't and what arose was the sweetest love and bliss.

The other thing is that when there is a deep block, some outside assistance may
help things along. Ones body may be out of balance and need some assistance.
Something like accupuncture, tai chi, Chinese medicine, reiki. I'm sure there
are many other things that could assist.

Plus if there is physical pain involved it's
always a good choice to check with a doctor and
make sure that this is not a medical issue. Because medical issues can also create emotions.

Ajoy

quote:
[qb] Hi Ajoy
I have been aware of a sort of inner cry for the whole time, however it is mainly since I felt the energy move to my chest area that this emotion or feeling is much stronger. I think surrendering to it has been the best thing for me but Im not sure if this is kundalani or some emotional scar. Also even after crying now I can still feel the blockage so it doesnt feel like crying is serving to release whatever it is. Its a very tiring thing, I feel robbed of my energy. That said I think its really important to be with whatever it is, for me its started to affect my ability to work which is a bit of a problem so id like to find out more about what it may be, not so i can try to expel it but so that i can better understand it...
How long have you felt a blockage? does it feel emotionally related to something? [/qb]

posted Hide Post
Ajoy and Ryan. thanks so much for your comments and suggestions.

I am familiar with Henri Nouwen but I dont know that particular book. i really like his writing as it seems gentle, honest and wise.I will search it out.

OK, here is a question for your consideration: How is the sexual aspect of your love life in relationship? Have you been robbed of a heart-felt happy ending?

Kundalini is experienced as a very strong sexual movement of energy.

you both reference sexual energy. I have often felt very strong sexual energy but it hasn`t had a heart connection fully. I was coming to the conclusion that in the past i might have had some sort of sexual addiction.

I feel this is gradually changing as I am able to let go of emotions. in fact often any more emotional sexual sitaution also leads to crying. I am questioning the wisdom of sexual involvement without a deeply commited relationship as it opens many things up without any safe containment.I also find when i go to church or experience Gods love i also cry, so whatever this is I am spending time in prayer right now.

wow, it feels a bit strange to say all this to strangers.
anyway i am also going to get some shiatsu next week (hopefully) or maybe accupuncture as I think my energy is definitely out of balance.

I really appreciate having a space to ask questions and share experiences.

namaste

posted Hide Post
quote:
[qb]...I have often felt very strong sexual energy but it hasn`t had a heart connection fully... I am questioning the wisdom of sexual involvement without a deeply commited relationship as it opens many things up without any safe containment. [/qb]
Sounds wise to me. Smiler

Regarding feeling like crying in Church, my wife had that problem when we were struggling with infertility, then we found a house church were it is acceptable to cry, encouraged almost. Those friends helped us get through that phase.

Nouwen is so wise in his teaching about emotions. Tears can be an opening to grace. Stay open to experiencing surprises.

Warm regards,

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE.
in fact often any more emotional sexual sitaution also leads to crying. I am questioning the wisdom of sexual involvement without a deeply commited relationship as it opens many things up without any safe containment.I also find when i go to church or experience Gods love i also cry, so whatever this is I am spending time in prayer right now.

Yes, I relate to everything your saying here.