Paperback and digital editions

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

and then? Login/Join

posted
I've been experiencing a kundalini awakening for the past few months. As Phil knows this awakening started simultaneously with traumatic events unfolding within my family. My kundalini awakened only a few days after a friend prayed over me and I started to pray in tongues.
After praying the Rosary, I pray in tongues and immediately the energy starts flowing. All the typical things I've read about and an email to phil I described occur. The bubbly energy phizing sensation around my genital end of spine area starts, I feel the energy rising as my muscles constrict, my legs while I'm in the kneeling position from my knees to my feet get pushed upwards and pushed out to my body's full capacity, my temperature increases, my glossalia speeds way up, my head will start to shake, and I feel the energy at the crown of my head where I sweat a good deal.
I feel many different things happening at the same time spiritually and physicaly. Phil I guess I'm struggling a bit to make sense of it all. Soo much has happened in the past six months and I must say alot of it hasn't been that good, Kundalini aside(although thank God I found this site to make some sort of sense of what is going on in regards to kundalini)
I'm trying to maintain acceptance to the dramatic changes in my family life and I'm finding it the hardest challenge of my life. I've only been on a spiritual path for almost 4 years now and want, need to stay on it for survival and hopefully peace of mind again someday.
I guess like all of us I want to feel better but the truth is I'm struggling and even with the intensity of this kundalini awakening I'm not seeming to make it the other side. This all is happening to someone who 4 years ago thought the reality of Jesus Christ was voodoo. Through my experience I have come to believe in a big way and pray Jesus will take the wheel cause I can't drive anymore.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 29 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear John,

Welcome to this forum. It appears that you have written to Phil off group, and I am glad to hear this. My kundalini opened also, as a result of a combination of an 8 day silent retreat, and the death of my mother in law, the suicide of my son in law�s young brother, whom I loved, and finally some surgery ( all within the space of six weeks )

Yes, my praying in tongues began 20 years prior to the kundalini opening, so what you are experiencing is doubly powerful.

All the physical sensations you describe are so typical of kundalini, and can also be very frightening when we dont have a context. And trying to make sense of it might never happen, but can slow down the process. Yes, this site is excellent to give us the bigger picture of the transformative process. I had little or no support when I opened up all my primal gates, and hadn�t a clue what was happening, and my resistance slowed down the whole process for a long long time. Although I remember, constantly writing my own magnificat. I wish I had found this site when I first exploded. But I did subsequently.

I am sorry to hear that you have had such dramatic changes in your family life. Life brings us such blinding things when we least expect it. John, do you have physical support? i.e. a good therapist, who is open to the experience of kundalini, or a spiritual director who is acquainted with all this; even a good friend, who can hold you when you need to cry, or rage, or whatever comes up? I don�t believe we can plough this kundalini furrow alone, not to mention the agonising pain of our humanity that opens up at this time.

Of course you want to feel better, and you will, you will. Can you trust in God�s grace, and the love of Jesus, while in the midst of your pain? Sometimes the feelings kundalini brings up are so painful, we feel that we will not make it through this passage, and these are the feelings. Can you let those feelings out in a safe place. They will not overwhelm.

I love what you pray that �Jesus will take the wheel, cause I cant drive anymore��. Such surrender, trust in your prayer, and ask Jesus to send you people who can accompany you through this journey, and seek them out.

We are here too, we have travelled this path, and know it�s terrors, and its joys. And even now, many years later, I have recently been very ill, and this has opened up another layer of my old egoic distortions, which has taken all my energy, so much that I havent worked for six weeks. But in the midst of it all, God is here, God is present. God is.

Beannacht

Posts: 52 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 08 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry I haven't responded sooner. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry my post was rather negative and I'm handling things better. I do have people I can speak to about life but not as direct as kundalini. The few I have spoken with think I'm looney or trying to beef myself up somehow when that really isn't the truth. I was attempting to find out if others had experienced this as well. Life is going better or I should say my perspective seems to be in a much better position and my outlook is positive. I thank you very much for your reply and kind words. God Bless.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 29 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post