Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sodarshan Chakra Kriya Login/Join

posted
hi i want to know a lot about the benefits of the Sodarshan Chakra Kriya. i contacted spiritual gurus and many refuse to answer my questions or want hundreds of dollars. i here it removes blockages in the mind so does anyone know if it removes the inner child wound blockages?

Posts: 10 | Registered: 04 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum.

I'm not familiar with this practice. Why do you seek it? What kinds of blockages are you referring to, here?

Generally, it seems that blockages in the mind, body, etheric system can be removed most safely through traditional practices like prayer, love of God, forgiving others, eating a good diet, exercise, etc.

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i am referring to inner child blockages. if anyone has experience with this kriya please feel free to post. i here it removes all trauma but need more info. the reason i am seeking information is because i have an inner child problem that has always withheld my psychic abilities so it can use them for itself to scream my thoughts around the neighborhood.

posted Hide Post
Hi TB,

I've never heard of any kind of kriyas removing "all trauma." Sounds a bit overly optimistic. I HAVE heard of thought broadcasting, though, but I'd like to respond to your posts in private, if you've enabled that.

Peace,
Shasha

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clare
posted Hide Post
Hello

I haven't posted here for quite a while ( long story ) but feel to respond to your question here. From my experience with Kundalini, there is nothing that can remove inner child wound blockages without first entering into the experience of the wounding with a caring spiritual director or psychotherapist. When I was young I believed in a magic 'removal tool' that would remove 'all trauma', but learned down through the years, that the only healing journey is the one which we take with our wounds. I am 63. I agree with Shasha I have never heard of any kind of removal kriya. And I wouldn't trust any Guru who promises it especially when asking for hundreds of dollars.

Ironically I have been on a deep journey for the past six months, (took a sabbatical from work and still on it ) and having found an integrative medical practitioner to support my physical symptoms; with the use of his prescribed medication I began experiencing identical kryias which happened to me in 1996 and 2001. These meds are removing a particular toxicity from my body and in doing so, my inner child wound blockages have opened up. Not an easy journey to say the least, but in my heart I know that all manner of things will be well.

And ThoughtBroadcaster, I pray that your inner child wounds will be graced by the healing presence of love and Spirit.

Peace

Posts: 65 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 18 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice to hear from you again, Clare. I hope that when the time is right you'll let us know what you've learned during this "deep journey."

Posts: 1024 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i found something here that i have begun to practice for removing my split personalities. so far it removed my paranoid edge where i get very nervous. some of the personalities are going away but still want to stick inside me.

www.sat-nam.de/meditationen/me...ion-innerer-kern.pdf

https://docs.google.com/viewer...tggN43nRo4zqyg&pli=1

Picture of Clare
posted Hide Post
Below is an essay which an online friend of mine wrote recently. Wondering what people think of it?

“I’ll Have a Cup of Enlightenment, Please.” “Will That Be With or Without Feelings, Sir?” By Bruce Wilson

Mindfulness meditation is the current zeitgeist in psychotherapy. Not surprisingly, it fits hand-in-hand with the other dominant therapeutic modality: cognitive behavioral therapy. In fact, there is now a hybrid of the two called MBCT - mindfulness-based cognitive therapy. Both techniques are based on the same mechanism—detachment from feelings and thoughts. The “how” of mindfulness meditation can be summed up simply: sit still for 30 or 40 minutes, keep your eyes slightly open, follow your breath, and pay attention to whatever is going on in your mind and body but don’t do anything about it. Just sit there. When you catch your thoughts drifting, get back to the breath. There are variations on this theme, such as walking meditation and meditation while doing yoga or manual work. In a word, meditation is about paying attention. Be here now! Nothing more, nothing less.

Buddhist meditation, such as that practiced in Zen, strives for a combination of concentration (such as counting the breaths) and open awareness (listening to sounds, noticing things in your environment, etc) The goal is the same—to be attentive to whatever is going on within you and without you, as the Beatles song goes. Vedic forms of meditation usually include a mantra or phrase that is to be repeated over and over while keeping the eyes closed. The intent is to create a state of bliss, which some people call transcendence but I call spacing out. TM, à la the Maharishi, is a form of Vedic meditation.

Today’s popularity of mindfulness in psychology stems from the work of Jon Kabat-Zinn, famous for his stress reduction clinic, established in 1979 at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. You could say that Kabat-Zinn made Zen Buddhism scientifically respectable by stripping it of its religious trappings and subjecting it to clinical research. Over the past 30 years, mindfulness meditation has swept throughout the medical world and is used to treat patients suffering from cardiac disease, terminal cancer, chronic pain, drug and alcohol addictions, and a host of other conditions. Indeed, the research shows that mindfulness meditation can bring a lot of benefit. Practiced diligently, it can reduce the stress response, lower blood pressure, improve immunity, ease depression and anxiety, and even thicken areas of the cortex involved in the regulation of emotions.

So if meditation is so good for you, what’s the problem? The problem, as Janov states, is that it is based on suppression of feelings, or rather, dissociation from them. Meditation is often not calming at all; in its more intense forms, it is practically guaranteed to bring up feelings. Humans are just not made to sit still for hours or days at a time like some sessile creature on the bottom of the sea. We are born to move and to feel, and when feelings do come up in meditation, they can be intense. Serious meditators often experience extreme anxiety or depression—even panic—but rather go into those feelings to find out where they originate, as one does in primal therapy, the meditator is told to sit still and observe them as one might observe clouds floating across the sky. Feelings are neither here nor there. They are to be regarded merely as sensations that arise from nowhere and go back to nowhere—ahistoric, meaningless, even delusory. Over time, the capacity to feel is attenuated as one’s consciousness becomes increasingly rooted in the moment. Here and now. Here and now. Here and now….

Truly dedicated meditators—those who meditate for hours a day and attend frequent retreats—often get to a point where they feel disembodied. Their sense of self diminishes as they advance toward the ultimate goal of enlightenment, where one transcends space, time, and life and death itself to become one with the universe.

Beyond Life and Death? How Real is That?

Admittedly, meditation can make you calmer, more focused, resistant to stress, and more functional, but it must be done daily. In that sense, meditation is like an addiction that requires its regular fix. Stop doing it and your feelings come rushing back. Meditators often report feeling more peaceful—even joyful—after years of practice, but at what cost? Where did the trauma go? What access to feeling has been sacrificed? I know meditators who seem more like animated pieces of wood than feeling human beings. Others may smile beatifically, but exude an aura of passive aggression under the peaceful exterior. Despite the dozens of studies reporting positive results, despite the brain scans showing thicker cortices and lower vital signs, one is led to wonder what happened to the pain. Does it just vanish? Is it true that mindfulness can heal trauma, as its proponents say? Or has the pain just been driven deeper into the body, leaving an appearance of being healed?

My hypothesis is that mindfulness meditation encapsulates those painful feelings and keeps them dissociated from awareness, much as an oyster encapsulates an irritating grain of sand within a pearl. And one must keep them encapsulated with daily meditation for the rest of one’s life. Therapists who specialize in treating PTSD say that mindfulness can help someone examine their traumatic feelings – look at them from afar so to speak – so they can be “reprocessed.” Reprocessing usually means “reappraisal” – i.e. rethinking your feelings rather than taking them at face value. Once again, it is an attempt to control feeling with cognition, in direct contradiction to the affective neuroscience principle that feeling (affect) always trumps cognition.

Personally, I've found mindfulness meditation to be useful for dealing with present-day stress. It can and does provide strength during those times when you need to keep things together but I’ve never mistaken it for healing. It is only an adjunct; a tool to help with difficult feelings and situations until one can resolve them through action in the present or through primaling, whatever is appropriate to the situation. Without attention to feelings, mindfulness meditation is little more than a virtual lobotomy.

Bruce Wilson

Posts: 65 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 18 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Good article, Clare. I think those dissociative kinds of meditation practices do indeed leave one feeling more disaffected. Our discussion on Enlightenment and Christian Spirituality has brought some of this to light.
- https://shalomplace.org/eve/for.../18910625/m/62310975

Even with more traditional Christian prayer practices, there can be, in time, an affective equanimity that is very different from the state of those who do not pray regularly or seriously undertake a life of love and virtue. One of the gifts of the Dark Night of the Senses is this stability, which is not a loss of affectivity, but a healing of emotions that once interfered with the present moment. So one can still feel, when appropriate -- even very strongly, at times. But after the situation dies down, one returns to an even-keeled state.

William Glasser wrote a book years ago on Positive Addictions and he included jogging and practices like TM in it. He noted that these practices generated opiate-like endorphins and that the body could eventually become dependent on these, if it happened frequently and regularly. He didn't have a problem with this, as the consequences in one's life were usually very good, in comparison to negative addictions. But he did note that the jogger or meditator would go into some kind of withdrawals and crankiness if they missed their "fix."

I totally relate to the positive addiction experience regarding prayer, but think it's one of the ways the Lord has hooked me into being regular with prayer. Of course, there's much more going on than endorphin production, but it's kind of nice that that's part of it, as endorphins seem to be friendly chemicals.
- http://www.medicinenet.com/scr...asp?articlekey=55001

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good article, Clare. I don't necessarily agree with the conclusions he drew, but it was very thought provoking. I have had the same experiences of meditation/prayer "addiction," and I do relate it to stress and anxiety, but I don't believe it is suppressed by meditation.

In my experience, regular prayer or meditation that involves relaxation and mindfulness actually releases the stresses expressed by the feelings that we encounter. Because stress seems to be stored in the body, the deep relaxation we experience, I believe, gives us a chance to work through our feelings and thoughts without the body "grabbing hold" of them, as it normally would do as a survival mechanism.

Equanimity, in my opinion, can be a desirable state and does not necessarily stem from being out of touch with our emotions. In fact, I think that when we live in such a balanced state in everyday life, we can more readily perceive the feelings and thoughts that arise as a result of the present moment, without having our perception clouded by old traumas that are still waiting for opportunities to bubble to the surface (because we've dealt with them either as they come up or in prayer).

Paul

Posts: 119 | Registered: 08 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThoughtBroadcaster:
i found something here that i have begun to practice for removing my split personalities. so far it removed my paranoid edge where i get very nervous. some of the personalities are going away but still want to stick inside me.

I'm glad to hear that you are experiencing some positive results from these methods. Being nervous and paranoid is miserable to live with. I join the others here in praying for you to be healed by our loving God.

posted Hide Post
Bliss,

That is an amazing miracle! I thank God for it!
Thank you for sharing it with us.

posted Hide Post
About the Bruce Wilson essay, I see validity in his point, but also in Phil's and Paul's points.

It seem rather complex, isn't it. It seems to me that the variance across these perspectives of healthy vs. unhealthy use of meditative techniques is based on the person. Some people do use meditative techniques as healthy adaptive means while others use them to ward off and avoid painful affects, memories, etc.

As a healthy strategy for coping with stress, we do want people to learn to 'self-soothe.' This is why it's being incorporated in cognitive behavioral therapies. Self-soothing is essential to learn especially in people who are prone to act before thinking. Stop, breath, remember the big picture, remember to trust God. This kind of discipline is good for people who want to impulsively pursue destructive means to cope with anxiety, threats to their ego integrity, loneliness, despair. Deep breathing is the single best means of combatting anxiety as they can't mutually exist.

As for using meditative techniques to avoid the reality of one's inner world, that's certainly possible too. These people would want an anesthetic tool perhaps which they find in meditative techniques. I can relate to Bruce's example of people who appear peaceful on the outside but exude an air of passive aggressiveness.

posted Hide Post
i have listed below the pdf link to sodarshan chakra kriya and it talks all about the kriya and if anyone can explain it better for me please feel free to post.

https://docs.google.com/viewer...nDQ6EGwtzYAaKg&pli=1

posted Hide Post
what i mean by inner child blockages in multiple personality.