Ad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

are you done with transformation? Login/Join

posted
if you are seeking this you are on the wrong path...finishing this transformation is a lie... the only truth is repentance and a heart that is fully seeking God... Stop trying to transform, God made you perfect the way you are. The only thing you will transform to is deluded. please believe me from experience and email me if you have questions on here.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sad face thoughtful mind,

Posts: 36 | Registered: 14 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sftm:

Finished . . . . as in purification of the soul?

Posts: 235 | Registered: 02 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the body can take a long time, and since it is actually dying (we call it aging), there really is no actual end to those changes. But are you recovering from CFS, or something like that? I went through it in the late 80's, early 90's, and it seemed impossible it would fully resolve. But it did with certain interventions.

So maybe this thread could be about exploring those resources. I often found there was something out there more helpful than my current approach, but then each of us seems to have unique patterns of challenge, not unlike karmic burdens, i.e, suffering for increased awareness. And so the suffering continues, although Phil can share with you how the dissolving of the affective ego through Grace has left his mind so relatively calm his body is much more free in terms of homeostasis. You might check out that thread on the Affective Ego if you haven't already.

Picture of Clare
posted Hide Post
For me, my body still 'struggles'. When I experienced `kundalini' openening I was not ready for it. I had no knowledge of the word, description, no support, and so my resistance to these strange changes were very prolonged and very painful. My nervous system was shredded, and I used to say I feel as if I am being re-wired, all my nerve ends are singed; as if razor blades are scraping off the sheaths. Ten years on whenever I feel depleted in my energy, I 'burn' with these simiar feelings - hands feet and base of spine. It's usually a call to slow down take it easy and just rest in the love of God. I am not a do-er by nature, more a be-er, yet still the slightest depletion of my energy and my body reminds me to be still. I think it was Bernadette Roberts who mentions how easy it for us to experience divinity, but how really difficult it is for us to experience our humanity. w.c. I too use focussing within my primal work as my gateway to uncover all that separates me from God. We are work in progress, and graced in the process.

Posts: 65 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 18 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clare:

Yes, resting and simply letting God love us, and others love us, is often difficult to allow, at least for me on a consistent basis. Once I get my butt in the prayer chair, I'm ok, but I can find a dozen different things to do on my way to it. I avoid Him like nothing else in my life. So while receiving is what heals us (and also the best way to give to others, I believe), it is also a vulnerability we have no control over.

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Sounds like things are going better for you, sftm. That's great.

Yes, practices like quigong can be helpful unto balancing the energy, which is why it's often incorporated into contemplative prayer retreats. I don't do this, but know of several people who've found great benefit from it. At times I'll do a very informal version.

Interesting how we tend to shrink away from high-level wellness, isn't it?

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
LOL. Well, go ahead and declare it! The Christian Science people say we're already whole and perfect in God, and our illness is an illusion. Might be some truth in that, but it seems the healing is an ongoing process, and so long as there is progress, that's what's most important.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Here are a few jottings from St. John of the Cross in his journal of sayings of light and love. These indicate something of what life is like when transformation has deepened to what we call the Unitive Stage.

---------

128. The soul that desires God to surrender himself to it entirely must surrender itself entirely to him without keeping anything for itself.

129. The soul that has reached the union of love does not even experience the first motions of sin.

130. Old friends of God scarcely ever fail him, for they stand above all that can make them fail.