Ad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meeting Christ in Meditiation Login/Join

posted
I wonder if anyone has had any expeiences of meeting Christ in meditation that they would like to share. I recently was meditating when I entered a large catherdal that seemed to be full of angels. The atmospher oosed power and seriousness.

At the front a radiant Christ greeted me and told me no kneel. He then proceeded to place his hands on me and said 'receive the light' the power and energy that seemed to flow into me was incredible and it seemed to go on for some time.

When I though it was over I went to stand up and he said 'No' I have not finished. He then proceeded to place his hands on me a second time and said 'Be whole'. I then experienced a feeling as if things inside me were joining up in a mystic sort of way.

Again I went to get up he said I have not finished and told me a list of people and told me I was to look after them spiritually.

Have you had any encounters with Christ in your meditations?

In Love

Paul

Posts: 7 | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paul, what a wonderful experience and bless you recieved. During meditation I didn't met Christ physically. The most common phenomena in my experience is to feel his spirit/energy. Mostly this energy feels as it encapsulated me. Without my knowledge this energy reaacts when it encounters other than Christ's.

Posts: 340 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paul, those are great blessings you describe.

I haven't had anything quite that explicit happen to me, but I have had times when a certain telepathic clarity seems to exist . . . like I can hear Christ speaking to me in my thoughts. There are no images to go along with it, but it seems very clear to me that I'm listening to him and not simply producing the thoughts with my mind. It's very calming and reassuring when that happens, and the guidance that comes is most trustworthy.

- - -

I'm moving this thread to the "Transformative Experiences" forum and will delete it from this one shortly.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paul wrote: " He told me a list of people and told me I was to look after them spiritually."

Paul, I have had the experience of praying for people on a list -- holding them in the light of God's love with worshipful attentiveness -- but the list was never given to me by such a clear personal revelation. I'm wondering about the specifics of your assignment. Do you know exactly who is on the list and who is not? What does "look after them spiritually� mean? Were those his exact words? From past experience or from the moment of the assignment and subsequent reflection/action, do you have a growing sense of what it will mean to "look after them"? An empowerment to do what is called for? You might find the prayer of Jesus in John 17 is relevant to this personal revelation. How is it going so far, looking after these people spiritually?

No necessary need to answer all these questions on this discussion board. Do as you see fit.

I'm amazed, awed by God's grace manifest in your life at this time.

Posts: 455 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ryan

Thank you for your interesting and thought provoking reply. I am fascinated that you had an experience of praying for people on a list as well and would love to know more.

I received my list as a list of names, it did not exclude anyone else but I understood it specifically included those people given to me.

After receiving my list I started thinking, "what do I do now"; "what does look after them spiritually mean". So I asked what it meant and what I should do. The answer came quite quickly and was "Meditate; hold them in the light of Christ and help them progress in their spiritual development."

Now half the people on the list I am in regular contact with but interestingly shortly afterwards the phone started ringing and those people I have not spoken to in ages started to call!

I was absolutely amazed at how things worked together in harmony when one is seeking to be One in Christ.

In Love

Paul

Posts: 7 | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post