Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

From False Gods to Christ Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Mt,

I appreciate your coming in to clarify your position for Shasha...and me.

I am sorry I used your nickname and I hope that did cause you to feel I was trying to place you in alliance with MY position. That was not my itent. It was only that Shasha's response to you about "reflecting back" highlighted part of what I feel is problematic for me in my communications with her.

Shasha, as an aside from what I wrote above, I want to affirm that reading your paper "Seeker to Saved," and other items of your experience recorded here on the forum, have been very beneficial for me, being I also had similar experiences. I also want to affirm that I DO share a conviction to help others to steer clear from False Gods/Gurus, though I don't think my message will manifest the same as yours. I am still processing, learning from, and interpreting my own experience, and trust that God/Christ will help me to someday deliver my message in a way that is unique to my own individual being.

Kristi

Posts: 226 | Location:  | Registered: 03 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kristi, that's OK that you mentioned me.

Posts: 436 | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Kristi,

I did benefit from your feedback, but I'd like to move this to private message, if that's OK. Will have some time later.

You are a lovely person. Smiler

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is fine, Shasha.

Posts: 226 | Location:  | Registered: 03 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shasha:
quote:
Originally posted by samson:
... the complexity of the issues regarding occult attachments to psychic wounds gets a bit beyond our ken and can only be worked out through the Holy Spirit.

. . .

Hey, Stephen. I agree with this point.

I'm moved by and so sorry to hear of the struggles you've shared here. I pray that you are set free of occult attachments, and I am asking the Father to send the Holy Spirit to bring about your deep healing. Smiler

BTW, I can see by your picture that your Momma really adored you, the wee little boy. Smiler

Don't get involved with focusing neither from Gendlin or Weiser Cornell - the focustherapy is occult. It is based on Buddhism. It is not a way out of problems but a way in to deeper problems.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 24 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi jg,

I'm afraid a lot of the folks who were discussing focus therapy have not been around Shalom Place in a long time. So, they can't respond to your last post. I don't know much about it myself.

From what I can tell though from some superficial reading, I wouldn't have thought it was based on Buddhism. Can you say more how you see this to be true? Have you been harmed by his kind of therapy or know somebody who has?

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shasha:
Does anybody know of publications along this line other than the four books I've listed below?

Another one I came across recently is Doreen Virtue:

https://www.charismanews.com/c...ult-to-embrace-jesus

Posts: 1023 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post