Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Christian Enlightenment Experience Login/Join

posted Hide Post
A nice moment indeed, Eric. Thanks for sharing it.

Yes, birds really ARE active first thing in the morning, especially if it's not too cold and windy.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A nice moment indeed, Eric.

Yes indeed, Phil. What a marvelous passage. In fact, it was so beautiful that when I read it this morning, having yet imbibed my morning pick-me-up, it almost hurt.

Eric asked: "How can I critique a piece of art when I myself am just a character in the painting?"

By "art" do you mean Tiger Woods or Rembrandt? Big Grin

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder because when I look out upon a gray day with the rain coming down in sheets (much like it is now), this scene is beautiful to me and fills me with peace. Conversely, a sunny day can be a bit stark, high-contrasty and jolting. Yes, it brings out the colors, but the soft tones and soft edges of a diffused overcast day has a gentle charm all its own.

Posts: 5413 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I agree. There is that black and white split again. I absolutely love a beautiful bright sunny day. I feel so energized. The world sparkles. The sun feels so warm and wonderful on the skin even in the middle of the winter. There is a warmth there. Then on a beautiful spring day. With the soft greens of new growth just bursting out! Heavenly.

Now the gray day with gentle rain falling. mmmmmm Curl up and watch the rain, hear the gentle rain drops and pick up and good book. So restful. A day to restore. A day to be still. Nice.

Posts: 40 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Eric
posted Hide Post
Phil, I don't know if you remember but in the last couple of weeks you posted a link that described creation and the beings in it like rungs on a ladder. Something about how humanity had to realize it's spiritual awareness. If you remeber what I am talking about can you repost that link. Thanks.

Posts: 470 | Location: Greensboro, NC | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, black and white, rain or shine. There�s something to appreciate about both. Diane, perhaps only those from Minnesota or the Northwest can truly appreciate a rainy day. It is perhaps fortunate that we can do so. But then again, it�s probably bred into us:

The Climate of Seattle:

quote:
What makes Seattle seem so wet is the cloudiness that predominates from about late October well into spring, sometimes clear into June, and that most precipitation falls as drizzle or light rain, not snow or heavy storms. Seattle has more cloudy days (294 days per year on average vs. 132 in New York City) and rainy days, with few heavy downpours.
We set no records here for the amount of rainfall. That�s not how we got our reputation for wet. It�s that what rain does fall (and it is no small amount) is doled out in a carefully-portioned stream of cold, bone-chilling drizzles. And when a sunny, clear day of a rather bracing 50 degrees burst out after months of such weather, you�d think the whole lot of us had gone mad. Whereas Floridians or Californians would zip up against a brisk 50 Fahrenheit (sun or no sun), Northwesterners are in their shirt sleeves soaking up every ray as if summer had just arrived and was playing a one day engagement only (which is not out of the realm of possibilities).

So no, I don�t particularly mind the rain. Wink

Posts: 5413 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eric:
[qb] Phil, I don't know if you remember but in the last couple of weeks you posted a link that described creation and the beings in it like rungs on a ladder. Something about how humanity had to realize it's spiritual awareness. If you remeber what I am talking about can you repost that link. Thanks. [/qb]
Eric, do you mean this one? Or an image like this?

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Eric
posted Hide Post
Thanks Phil, The first one. But the diagram is interesting it just takes a few minutes to sink in. I looked all through all the threads and posts and I couldn'tfor thelife of me find that. Thanks.

Posts: 470 | Location: Greensboro, NC | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post