Ad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy Spirit controled or Kundalini? Login/Join

posted
This is a spiritual experience of mine that occured when I was least expecting it. I'm a Christian. Back in 1996 I had just dropped out of college because of poor grades and had no hope in the future. I was in dispair and gave up the will to live, I wanted God to end my earthly suffering. Since that didn't happen and I went back to living with my parents, my parents wanted me to do something. Since I really didn't care what I did with the rest of my life, I arbitrarily chose to join the Navy.

After I commited to that decision and was awaiting to go to boot camp, I began to have hope once again. Gradually, over the summer of 96' I began deepening my walk with Jesus Christ. In fact, the only two things I really did was engrossed myself in spiritual growth and get ready for boot camp. I was looking forward to the Navy, something new gave me some exhileration.

Come mid-November I was off to boot camp and full of excitement/exhileration, new places, new things, you know. Especially since it was my first airplane trip ever, I was flying from Detroit to Chicago. I planned to submit myself to obedience to the Navy as they trained me and, as well as my previous desire to come under the will of God.

Very soon after I arrived at boot camp and hearing all the cadence calls, I found myself walking in the Holy Spirit, I had become Spirit-filled. I had no idea what it felt like before this it was so amazing! To feel the very powerful presence of God and His love right inside me because I was totally submissive to His will. I couldn't help it, I didn't want to let go of God so I kept on humbling myself before Him to experience God's fullness! His love was inside me and I felt all my words and actions were directed by Him. I did whatever the drill instructor wanted as well as helping others when possible, showing God's love and witnessing. I kept asking anyone if they were spirit-filled Christians because I wanted them to know I felt the same Joy as they if they were spirit-filled. But all the Christians I met in my division just had puzzled looks on their faces when I was explaining to them what was happening to me.

For I was hearing the cadence calls as well, (one, two-da, three-de, Four) over and over again constantly, 24-7. After a while, I couldn't tell where someone was actually calling cadence or I was just imagining that I was hearing it.

I needed affirmation from a fellow believer in Christ that what I was experiencing was the norm for Christians. At least I thought it should have been. I was high on the Holy Spirit and didn't want to come down. It seemed that as well as being filled with Joy & Compassion, I could do anything, I did not get hungry, I did not tire or get sleepy, I always had energy. I found myself in commune with God, always in constant prayer. Even after lights out, I found myself praying for hours before I went to sleep. Even during sleep, I felt God's presence.

This went on for about 3 days and continued to grow in intensity. That night, God spoke to my spirit saying, 'Your place is not here. Trust in me and I will lead you out of here.' Since I didn't want to not obey God, lest I felt less the Holy Spirit's presence, I obeyed. But I was fearful of what the Naval officers might do. I was reminded by the Spirit not to be fearful of man, but of God. I got out of my bunk in the middle of the night, which got attention, and questions being asked of me. They didn't like that. But I still obeyed God, and my fear waned. The officer in charge had me stand at attention outside his office looking straight forward, I thought it had been for about 10 minutes, but when he came out to question me again, I found out 3 hours had passed! Amazing! When I told him this he went off the deep end although I don't remember his line of questioning. He ended up shouting at me "Do you want to hit me!?" I said, "No, Jesus Christ does not want me to hit you." He didn't say much after that, and told me I would be seeing some higher ranking officers in a little while.

They were much calmer as I tried to explain to them what I was experiencing, but I could tell they didn't understand. They decided I could see the Pastor if I wanted, I agreed. I tried to explain to him later on in the day, I could see he didn't understand either, although he made an effort. I didn't get it, I could find no-one, no Christian to relate to. So I feared the Navy was doing something to me, like mind control, I was having doubts, I needed answers.

I felt that to find the answer lay in wholely submitting to God even if it started to contradict what the Navy wanted. Besides, the more I got of God, the more I wanted of His presence, love, and joy.

Suffice it to say, I went insane later on the next day. At least you would call it that. That's when I blacked out and had horrible visions/hallucinations. I will leave the rest of the story for another time.

-Mike

Posts: 2 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike, it sounds like you're OK now, so I'm guessing that the insanity was temporary.

Your thread topic asks if what you experienced was kundalini or the Holy Spirit? That's a hard one to answer, as you relate nothing that resonates with classical kundalini symptoms. A "baptism in the Spirit" of the type you reported -- intense love of God and lively sense of the Spirit's presence -- can and often is accompanied by kundalini, as the latter is probably the way the body and psyche are transformed to accommodate higher spiritual consciousness.

Your horrible visions and hallucinations might have been caused by your lack of sleep and the severe disciplines you were burdened with, but that, too, is hard to say.

So tell us the rest of the story sometime. Smiler

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike, boot camp, new surroundings, new people, and following orders, fatigue, etc. are all severe stress factors and could have pushed your mental capacities to the max. You may have received an extra dose of endorphins together with a sincere desire for the nearness and closeness of God. No doubt, your Spirit expressed great longing and love for a communion with God. Earnestly pray for these graces.

How are you doing now?. Like Phil, I would like to hear more about your continued story.

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sir Mike,

Hi there! Were you seeking this experience or did it seem to come about on it's own? Hopefully you do not mind my asking. Very pleased to make your aquaintance! Smiler

caritas,

mm <*)))))><

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Hello Mike,

I read your story with interest and it reminded me of my experience back in 1976. I don't want to go into it all right now, but I had been very involved with charismatic groups, tongue speaking, and all the rest. I also went insane :-) I told my story to a few people, and one person (who knows about kundalini) told me it may have been a kundalini opening or something.

I would like to hear the rest of your story also, as I can relate somewhat.

Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An extraordinary story, Mike. I do hope it has a happy ending...or is building toward one.

Posts: 5413 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike, I was thrilled by your testimony of "obeying God rather than man!" My background is in the Mennonite church: an historic peace church with a tradition of conscientious objection to participation in war. From the beginning of your story I was hoping the Lord would lead you out. But you left us hanging. I desire to know what happened with the sense of insanity as the Navy tried to hold you back.

Posts: 455 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike, we hope that you are well and our prayers are for you. Would really love to hear the rest of your story. Smiler

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asher>
posted
"I needed affirmation from a fellow believer in Christ that what I was experiencing was the norm for Christians. At least I thought it should have been. I was high on the Holy Spirit and didn't want to come down. It seemed that as well as being filled with Joy & Compassion, I could do anything, I did not get hungry, I did not tire or get sleepy, I always had energy. I found myself in commune with God, always in constant prayer. Even after lights out, I found myself praying for hours before I went to sleep. Even during sleep, I felt God's presence."

Mike,
This is lovely. It reminded me of some of that marvellous book "The Way of the Pilgrim"
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obi.../002-2595975-9941647

Regards,
Asher

Reply With QuoteReport This Post