New
Find
Notify
Tools

The curious case of Pam Reynolds' NDE Login/Join

Picture of Phil
posted
see http://www.npr.org/templates/s...hp?storyId=104397005

Pam Reynolds' near death experience is most interesting because she provided accurate observations of phenomena going on around her that she should not have been aware of and which were verified. Check it out and see what you think. The comments following the NPR presentation aren't particularly illuminating, however. The link below does provide a helpful clarification.
- http://www.ianlawton.com/nde2.htm

What think ye?

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Occam's Razor:

Explanation #1 is that consciousness can exist outside of the body.

Explanation #2 involves faulty earplugs, transmission of sound through a table, evocation of a childhood memory, being jolted into consciousness while anesthetized, and a hypothermic brain functioning normally.

I know which one I pick.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Yes, my thoughts as well, Derek. It seems there are "spiritual senses" that are corollaries to our physical senses -- that maybe the latter are means through which the former operate in space and time.

Here's another more detailed account of her experience.
- http://www.near-death.com/experiences/evidence01.html

-----

I had an experience years ago that's nowhere near as profound, but was still instructive to me. I had surgery for what turned out to be a lipoma (fatty cyst) in my neck and was put under with anesthesia. Right after the Dr. finished, I opened my eyes and asked him what he had found, and he was surprised to find me conversant. He told me it was nothing dangerous -- just a fatty tumor. Then I went back to sleep, for hours. When I awoke in my hospital room, my wife was there and she told me it was good news, nothing serious. I told her I knew because I had talked to the doctor and he had told me it was a lipoma, and had even showed it to me. The doctor confirmed this. So at some level I was still aware of what was going on, even when anesthetized, though that's the only part I remembered later.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Derek:
Occam's Razor:

Explanation #1...
Explanation #2

Explanation #3 Before she died or after she was resuscitated, she telepathically read the the mind of someone in the operating room -- what she "saw" was first seen by that other person through their physical eyes.

Posts: 455 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Hi Ryan. Good to see you out here again.

Telepathy would be another instance of consciousness operating beyond the senses, so it's sort of in the same ballpark. Who knows how to explain it?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil:
Hi Ryan. Good to see you out here again.

Telepathy would be another instance of consciousness operating beyond the senses...

Hi Phil, I'm glad to be visiting. You really have a fine place here.

Regarding NDEs, I'm an unusual skeptic: Convinced there is consciousness beyond the physical senses (based on experience), but dubious of attempted proofs of individual consciousness beyond physical death.

Posts: 455 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Telepathy would be another instance of consciousness operating beyond the senses...

Regarding NDEs, I'm an unusual skeptic: Convinced there is consciousness beyond the physical senses (based on experience), but dubious of attempted proofs of individual consciousness beyond physical death.[/QUOTE]

posted Hide Post
quote:

Regarding NDEs, I'm an unusual skeptic: Convinced there is consciousness beyond the physical senses (based on experience), but dubious of attempted proofs of individual consciousness beyond physical death.