Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions for Tucker Login/Join

posted
Phil has asked me to create this discussion topic for those of you that would like to ask me (tucker) any questions.

love,
tucker

Posts: 429 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Good start, Bliss.

And thanks for starting the discussion, Tucker. There just aren't many people who've gone deeply into different religious traditions and can speak from experience about similarities and differences.

I'd be interested in hearing sometime what prompted you to study yoga, and what were some of the different kinds you learned.

Posts: 3955 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlissInTheHeart:
Hi Tucker ,
ok, let me be the one asking the first question:

Back to the very basics. You say there exist TWO kinds of kundalinis, a female one and a male one. And then you talk of a "balanced" kundalini. I m still confused by this concept.

- So what is this "balanced kundalini". Is it a combination of the male and female k ? Equaly weighted 50:50 ?

- When this balanced k is arising, does it go up the sushumna nadi only?

- Which nerve are the male and the female kundalini going up? The male k going up pingala only, and the female going up the ida nerve only ?

What is a balanced kundalini? We have two sides to our brain and each side has it's own kundalini. Generally the left body side/right brain side is considered female and the right body side/left brain side is considered male. Each side of the brain has it's own kundalini. Now generally a person is either female side of the brain dominant or male side of the brain dominant. And if a person is female side of the brain dominant they will then subconsciously raise the female kundalini; if a person is male side of the brain dominant they will then subconsciously raise the male kundalini. These two kundalinis can be raised up the center of the spinal column, up the front of the spinal column (the death zone), up the center of the body (center pillar), and/or centered up the outside front of the body (staff yoga).

Now to "consciously" over come the dominance of one side of the brain over the other, one starts with a kundalini that is light and airy. Light and airy is the female kundalini. Then one would go to a heavy rope like kundalini. Heavy rope like is the male kundalini. Now, when one has brought up "consciously" both the light airy kundalini and the heavy rope kundalini, ideally intertwined, to the center of the brain (to the area in front of the forehead with front kundalini) they will have achieved a centered balanced kundalini. And when the heads of these two kundalinis, if the two kundalinis are intertwined, are brought together they generate a powerful creative force that one can do all kinds of things with. This powerful creative force generated is the legendary awesome power of the kundalini.

What folks are calling an uncontrolled kundalini moment is actually just the sex center dumping a large amount of sex energy into the body. If a person is female side of the brain dominant, then this energy will manifest itself as uncontrollable mind activity and emotion. If a person is male side of the brain dominant, then this energy will manifest it self as above normal strength and physical activity.

Posts: 429 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil:
Good start, Bliss.

And thanks for starting the discussion, Tucker. There just aren't many people who've gone deeply into different religious traditions and can speak from experience about similarities and differences.

I'd be interested in hearing sometime what prompted you to study yoga, and what were some of the different kinds you learned.

I was prompted to study Hindu yoga because Christians were seeking a relationship with God through the study of Hindu yoga because they felt that there was something more to a relationship with God than what Christianity was presenting.

Phil, I explored things in pieces over a thirty-eight year period (practically to the exclusion of everything else that one would call normal life). Over time these pieces came together as a whole picture and once this whole picture came together I became an advanced student of a lot of different things at the same time.

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Phil, I explored things in pieces over a thirty-eight year period (practically to the exclusion of everything else that one would call normal life). Over time these pieces came together as a whole picture and once this whole picture came together I became an advanced student of a lot of different things at the same time.

That would be the executive summary, I presume? Big Grin Could you summarize as well what you learned during this time?

- - -
quote:
Now, when one has brought up "consciously" both the light airy kundalini and the heavy rope kundalini, ideally intertwined, to the center of the brain (to the area in front of the forehead with front kundalini) they will have achieved a centered balanced kundalini.

That's really what "wants" to be happening in me as something of a default state of consciousness now, and your descriptions of left and right side fit very well. My own words for the right side are "sticky" and "sludgy," which is not something I can go around talking about with anyone. But it does seems to get "stuck" in places, especially in the right ribs -- probably requires a much more pure lifestyle than I'm providing. One difference is that I'm not aware of doing anything to bring up the energy, though it does become intensified and even somewhat balanced during prayer, especially when there is glossalalia (praying in tongues).

Posts: 3955 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

(1)That would be the executive summary, I presume? Big Grin Could you summarize as well what you learned during this time?

- - -
quote:
Now, when one has brought up "consciously" both the light airy kundalini and the heavy rope kundalini, ideally intertwined, to the center of the brain (to the area in front of the forehead with front kundalini) they will have achieved a centered balanced kundalini.

That's really what "wants" to be happening in me as something of a default state of consciousness now, and your descriptions of left and right side fit very well. My own words for the right side are "sticky" and "sludgy," which is not something I can go around talking about with anyone. But it does seems to get "stuck" in places, especially in the right ribs -- probably requires a much more pure lifestyle than I'm providing. One difference is that I'm not aware of doing anything to bring up the energy, though it does become intensified and even somewhat balanced during prayer, especially when there is glossalalia (praying in tongues).

1: That is the best that I know how to explain it. And how does one describe things for which no words exist, at least in English. I am not attempting to be evasive, I am actually handicapped by a lack of words.

Phil you are male side of the brain dominant and "sticky" and "sludgy" is interesting Smiler (I am female side of the brain dominant). The speaking in tongues is a female side of the brain phenomenon. The female side of the brain (the right hand half) is the window into the spirit side of creation. The male side of the brain (the left hand half) is the window into the physical mechanical side of creation. The female side of the brain comes into play when you are writing for publication Smiler . Humm? How can one solve this dilemma as a yogi? When I use the words, "Humm? Guys, what do I say?", I become directly attached to the intuitive mind, the female side of the brain. The way to activate the female side of the brain is with "questions". Happiness is the "perfect question" because it results in the perfect answer, when one is using the intuitive mind.

posted Hide Post
Or, "Guys, what do I want to say"; Or, "Guys, how do I say this?"; Or, "Guys, I need a question Smiler ?"; and then relax the area above your head.

posted Hide Post
Hi,
I have a question.
This male/female you are speaking of is different than the Male Female in psychology???
When we talk about 'grounding' energy on this site, I tend to think of it as 'rational' hence Masculine....does that correspond with male K??
and intuition is feminine...not a mixture???

Also, what would you say if one feels at times hot pin like sensations mostly on the right side of the head/crown....
is there a correlation to Masc or Fem k?
None of this is 'consciously' being guided...

Posts: 38 | Registered: 29 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tucker I'm interested in your thoughts on the daoist approach to the kundalini energy.

In their view the uprising kundalini in the hindu/yogic model is incomplete by travelling up and then out the top of the head (in a sense wasting the energy) They suggest the energy should instead be brought back down in a circular pattern (the micro-cosmic orbit) - up to the crown and then back down to the base and up again to the crown.

By moving the energy in a circular pattern they propose a more balanced and healthy experience of this vital energy - what are your thoughts about this?

Posts: 716 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aviela:
Hi,
I have a question.
This male/female you are speaking of is different than the Male Female in psychology???
When we talk about 'grounding' energy on this site, I tend to think of it as 'rational' hence Masculine....does that correspond with male K??

Also, what would you say if one feels at times hot pin like sensations mostly on the right side of the head/crown....

Happiness is a good question. Good questions Aviela. The male side of the brain(Left) and female side of the brain(Right), the way that I am talking about them, correlates very closely to psychology. The problem with achieving a true balance between the two sides of the brain is that the imbalance is caused by one's personality programing. It is the changing of the flaws in one's personality programming that most people just shake their head at and walk off. And after thirty-eight years of this stuff I do not blame them a bit.

Aviela, I haven't ever thought about grounding being related to the male side of the brain Smiler ! But you are right! Grounding is ultimately to the physical and the physical is the male side of the brain. One is grounding their spirit (energy body) to the physical body. Aviela, you have opened up a whole new reality of understanding for me. The answer from the intuitive mind has to fit a set pattern framework some how, or the answer is useless, and it is the male side of the brain that defines set pattern realities. The male side of the brain and the female side of the brain have to work together or the intuitive mind can not be effectively used. The male side of the brain is the ground. Too cool!

The sensations that you are asking about could correlate with the male and/or female kundalini, they also could be caused be intestinal gas. Sorting out the things that intestinal gas causes is a nightmare.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jacques:
Tucker I'm interested in your thoughts on the daoist approach to the kundalini energy.

In their view the uprising kundalini in the hindu/yogic model is incomplete by travelling up and then out the top of the head (in a sense wasting the energy) They suggest the energy should instead be brought back down in a circular pattern (the micro-cosmic orbit) - up to the crown and then back down to the base and up again to the crown.

By moving the energy in a circular pattern they propose a more balanced and healthy experience of this vital energy - what are your thoughts about this?

Jacques, the Daoist system that you are asking about is based on the physical immortality meditations and using the spirit to balance and maintain the body. If one was to use their system, then one ideally causes the energy being brought up from the body chakra to mushroom at the bottom of the each chakra and circulate back down as the energy is making it's way up the center pillar. Thus you end up with six energy mushrooms and a mixed chakra energy column in a state of constant circulation. From there you move down to include the three chakras that are below the body chakra and up to include the three chakras that are above the crown chakra. And "walla!" Smiler you are physically immortal as well as a whole bunch of other things.

posted Hide Post
Oh and this Jacques, you also need to attach the circulating energy system to the "source". It's location starts in the area that is located in front of the upper part of the forehead and moves upward at a 45 degree angle. You allow the energy from the "source" to flow down into the edge of the circulating energy system that you have created and are maintaining to power the system.

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
See, Tucker, this discussion is already quite active. You have lots of experience and wisdom in the ways of energy and that can be very helpful to many, so I appreciate your interacting with us on these matters. I think, too, you've gained the trust of Christians on the board in the distinctions you've drawn between energy phenomena and the gifts of grace that come through Christ.

Re. your comments on Taoist energy circulation and physical immortality: I have my doubts about anyone being able to achieve physical immortality as it seems our body-mind system is so deeply out-of-balance and unstable as to be doomed to death. I'm not saying it's not theoretically possible, only that it's highly unlikely. We can surely benefit from their wisdom concerning matters of energy, however.

Sometime back I used the term "etheric hygiene" in reference to disciplines that work with energy and stated that just as we emphasize the importance of bodily hygiene, so, too, it can be appropriate to care for our subtle energy body. So long as one does not confuse this with the true focus of spirituality, I don't have a problem with it. It seems to me this is what much of Taoism and even yogic disciplines are about.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey, Tucker,
Thanx for this detailed view of female and male k rising. This could be already the first chapter of your book, that Phil suggested you to write. And you see, people keep you busy here! Wink

You say there are 4 different paths that k can rise up. You wrote they are 1)at the spine (=sushumna), 2)in front of the spine, 3)in the center of the body and 4)in front of the body. Now i do not understand how this fits into the hindu picture of k. Where is ida and pingala in your view, the subtil nerves at the left and the right side of the body, that according to traditional k yoga are also paths to rise the k ?

First of all Bliss Smiler , I am not going to write a book. Books are to be written by people that know what they are doing and I have no idea how they do what they do. Ok? Smiler

The only of the four that actually fits into the Hindu picture of things is the one that involves the ida and pingala. Up the front of the spine uses these two nerves as pathways. Ideally these two nerves are visually brought together as a picture and intertwined, but they do not have to be. Some traditions do that and some traditions do not. Some traditions intertwine them at the center of the brain or in the area above the head and/or in the area in front of the upper part of the forehead, and so traditions never intertwine them at all. Each tradition says that theirs is the right way and there are many traditions. Personally I like the front energy one the best, it really wakes you up. It plays in the world of pure creative energy and is simple to work with. And it is the system used for what legend calls wizardry or sorcery. The kundalini is actually witch, warlock, and witch doctor stuff and was originally used to train those kind of people. Later on some folks came along and said that it could be brought into the Loving Divine, but based on my experience, I don't think so. It can be attached to the source, but then so can love. Only love energy attached to the source creates a door into the Loving Divine.

posted Hide Post
quote:
See, Tucker, this discussion is already quite active. You have lots of experience and wisdom in the ways of energy and that can be very helpful to many, so I appreciate your interacting with us on these matters. I think, too, you've gained the trust of Christians on the board in the distinctions you've drawn between energy phenomena and the gifts of grace that come through Christ.

Re. your comments on Taoist energy circulation and physical immortality: I have my doubts about anyone being able to achieve physical immortality as it seems our body-mind system is so deeply out-of-balance and unstable as to be doomed to death. I'm not saying it's not theoretically possible, only that it's highly unlikely. We can surely benefit from their wisdom concerning matters of energy, however.

Sometime back I used the term "etheric hygiene" in reference to disciplines that work with energy and stated that just as we emphasize the importance of bodily hygiene, so, too, it can be appropriate to care for our subtle energy body. So long as one does not confuse this with the true focus of spirituality, I don't have a problem with it. It seems to me this is what much of Taoism and even yogic disciplines are about.

Phil, I am also attached to a library with enough background to understand mostly what it is saying. In all honesty I could be accused of cheating Smiler

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tucker:
quote:

Phil, I am also attached to a library with enough background to understand mostly what it is saying. In all honesty I could be accused of cheating Smiler

Phil, I agree with you about the physical immortality stuff. And the simplest way is to just encourage God's presence in your heart center in the name and sacrifice of Jesus Christ. You become what you channel Smiler . You and the Sublime become one.

The Tao stuff is about what you say it is and the yogi stuff sort of is but not exactly. And what they are teaching in today's yoga does not lead to extended lifespans because they are not attaching the balanced kundalini to the "source".

posted Hide Post
Guys this question is beginning to present itself: "Tucker what are you meaning when you say the "source"?"

The "source" is what the Christian Bible calls "the deep" and is what God used to create Creation out of. And you do have to create movement on the surface of it before that which is it can be used in Creation. It is also the foundation for the legend of the Fountain of Youth.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Tucker,
again one more question:
I think Phil has asked the same question about a week ago, and i want to second that:

Is there a way to shut down the k and prana flow that s permanently rising up in my body?

Not that i want to do that, on the contrary. But i KNOW there must be some methods to do that. I know that by my own experience:

First:
about two weeks after my k awakening (it was the hard way! About 30 years ago) i was a at the end of my physicle and psychic power and at some of these big shot ups of the k i was desperately crying as loud as i could: "Christ! Help!" (I didnt care any more what other people were thinking of me.) And the next moment the strenght of my k was diminished to a very low bearable volume.

second:
A few years later. In the meanwhile my spiritual master (an indian) has worked on my k progress and has given me this tingling at the base of the spine. (That was only a simple quick glance at the muladhara chakra, and then the tingling startet!, till now!) Half a year later, he did the same again, because the tingling has decreased in the meanwhile. At that moment i thought to myself: "Oh my God, now there will come again this extremely terrible heat in my body, that i had been experiencing in the meanwhile! But it s ok, seems that i have to go through this purification process again." My master was reading my thoughts (he always did that, that is the minimum that i expect from a spiritual master) , and immediately he shut down this tingling to the original level , again with a glance that lasted not more than half a second.
To shut this down again was surely an act of responsibiliy by my master. Later i found out that this heat can even kill you. (Bob May has writen here on this forum an OBE or a NDE experience connected with this heat.)

Tucker, I am telling these two eperiences here not for a general discussion, but only to show that it must be possible somehow to shut down the k by some procedure. Maybe you have an idea?
Thanx!

Focus on the Heart center. As it becomes, over time, more activated, what you are experiencing will go away.

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Personally I like the front energy one the best, it really wakes you up. It plays in the world of pure creative energy and is simple to work with. And it is the system used for what legend calls wizardry or sorcery. The kundalini is actually witch, warlock, and witch doctor stuff and was originally used to train those kind of people. Later on some folks came along and said that it could be brought into the Loving Divine, but based on my experience, I don't think so. It can be attached to the source, but then so can love. Only love energy attached to the source creates a door into the Loving Divine.

It seems there are lots of different kinds of energy processes that are called "kundalini."

What I have been calling kundalini is a movement of energy that is awakened and intensified by prayer, especially glossalalia, and which has as its "goal" the frontal cortex and pineal (center of forehead), then outward and upward (the eyes even look that way -- about 45 degrees, as I think you noted). Then an energy center opens just beneath the navel, and there is a sense of energy moving from there down and through the lower chakras to nourish the body. Heart, mind and awareness are open -- a marvelous clarity of consciousness ensues, and lasts until dealing with the stuff of life throws things out of whack somewhat. This seems somewhat along the lines of Jesus' teaching that when the eye is single, the whole body will be sound (Mt. 6:22). The single eye seems to be related to an energized frontal cortex, pineal and pituitary; the mind is completely silent in this state. Completely! One is not a zombie, quite the opposite -- attentive, intuitive, compassionate.

It seems that what has been called kundalini is part of what's going on. It functions to enable the body-mind to participate more fully and integrally in a state of consciousness both awakened and ordered by the Spirit. That's how I've understood things and written about them. Not exactly "witch, warlock, and witch doctor stuff" in my experience, but I can see how some might want to try to use energies in the service of magic or metaphysical stuff. That's been part of the criticism I've received through the years -- that I've given a certain credibility to something that's from the dark side.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Personally I like the front energy one the best, it really wakes you up. It plays in the world of pure creative energy and is simple to work with. And it is the system used for what legend calls wizardry or sorcery. The kundalini is actually witch, warlock, and witch doctor stuff and was originally used to train those kind of people. Later on some folks came along and said that it could be brought into the Loving Divine, but based on my experience, I don't think so. It can be attached to the source, but then so can love. Only love energy attached to the source creates a door into the Loving Divine.

It seems there are lots of different kinds of energy processes that are called "kundalini."

What I have been calling kundalini is a movement of energy that is awakened and intensified by prayer, especially glossalalia, and which has as its "goal" the frontal cortex and pineal (center of forehead), then outward and upward (the eyes even look that way -- about 45 degrees, as I think you noted). Then an energy center opens just beneath the navel, and there is a sense of energy moving from there down and through the lower chakras to nourish the body. Heart, mind and awareness are open -- a marvelous clarity of consciousness ensues, and lasts until dealing with the stuff of life throws things out of whack somewhat. This seems somewhat along the lines of Jesus' teaching that when the eye is single, the whole body will be sound (Mt. 6:22). The single eye seems to be related to an energized frontal cortex, pineal and pituitary; the mind is completely silent in this state. Completely! One is not a zombie, quite the opposite -- attentive, intuitive, compassionate.

It seems that what has been called kundalini is part of what's going on. It functions to enable the body-mind to participate more fully and integrally in a state of consciousness both awakened and ordered by the Spirit. That's how I've understood things and written about them. Not exactly "witch, warlock, and witch doctor stuff" in my experience, but I can see how some might want to try to use energies in the service of magic or metaphysical stuff. That's been part of the criticism I've received through the years -- that I've given a certain credibility to something that's from the dark side.

Kundalini is sex energy (energy from the sex chakra) and one can do all kinds of interesting things with it both by itself and in combinations with other energies.

Phil, it sounds to me like you are downloading God, does it feel sometimes like somebody put a blanket over your head and the reality around you seems to be muffled out? What you are describing reminds me of when Yogananda's Babaji with Shiva present stepped me into permanent samaddi with God the yogi way. My first thought was, "What in the heck did you do to me? Smiler " If this is happening, then keep in mind that what is being downloaded will, over time, be processed by your mind and become understood as knowledge. This knowledge will happen in cognitive leaps with each new one getting bigger. And prepare for the fact that most of this knowledge you will not be able to put into words. If you try, the best that you are going to get is something that is like poetry, parables, or Zen and only others like you will truly understand it. Most folks that are new to downloading God attempt to try to explain these new understandings to others, after awhile they learn that it can't be done so cease to worry about trying to do it.

If the energy you are experiencing was kundalini energy, then it would be a very ruff energy that is very hard to keep from fragmenting. My guess is that you are experiencing the Holy Spirit playing with heart chakra energy and not the true kundalini. And yes the energy and knowledge that you are experiencing and receiving can be used for evil. This use of what is received to do evil only happens in some shallow ground people. Fertile ground people never use it for evil.

Yes Smiler and some accused Jesus of being from the dark side too. "By your works ye shall be known." We have our eye on you Phil! You better watch your step Smiler

It looks to me like the Holy Spirit has birthed another child of God, from here we just wait to see if you are fertile ground or shallow ground. Welcome to the family of God Phil Smiler

posted Hide Post
quote:
Tucker !
Thanx ! Now it rang the bell !

What Kundalini yogis call Sushumna, that in your picture is the midle of the spine.
What Kundalini yogis call Ida and Pingala, that is in your picture combined somehow in the path up in front of the spine. You call this the "death zone". (See Gopi Krisha, who suffered terribly because his k came up the "sun nerve" Pingala.
And additionally to the K yoga system there are these two paths in the middle of the body (i think, important for Reiki (Hara) ) ,
and this path up in front of the body.

quote:
"Each tradition says that theirs is the right way and there are many traditions."

Yes, that is the problem! There are also many kind of explanations, what kundalini and prana "really" are. None of them is really convincing. They all have internal contradictions, not to mention the differences among all this compeditive models. So finally i have given up to understand "kundalini",
and i mostly rely on my own experiences, and it is not a big problem for me not to understand this experiences in connection to any k-theory.

By the way, since about 30 years i follow the way of the heart, with love and surrender to God.
Kundalini is there only a bypoduct, but a very usefull and helpfull one.

Phil !

quote:
" Heart, mind and awareness are open -- a marvelous clarity of consciousness ensues,
... the mind is completely silent in this state. Completely! One is not a zombie, quite the opposite -- attentive, intuitive, compassionate. "

I know this. I think that is the same or a similar state of consciousnss i was talking about some time ago in my "Heart Meditation" thread. Allthough i get there in a little different way. (The k comming up and touching the heart and the _crown_ chakra) . In my case, additional to a completely quiet mind and an increased awareness, it is (i think!) some power of the heart that is flowing up with the k that gives me a feeling of expansion into the vast too.
This state of completely calm mind is amasing: it is even hard and it takes a big efford to produce a tought there, if you want that. The reason of this, according to my experience, is the k. When the k gets stronger, it really blocks the thoughts.
I always have to smile a little, when i read in some popular meditation books that one should concentrate on something to stop all the thoughts. That only works to some degree, but think it is impossible to erase all thoughts only with the power of the MIND. The mind cannot "kill" itself. But
the k can "kill" the mind. The k is much more powerful than the mind. In my awakening (about 30 years ago), the k didnt even erase all my thoughts, it erased also about 95 percent of my whole "ego system". That was very hard to bear, associated with some basic existential fears ( not to say: "fear of death") , but my struggling will power against this procedure had absolutely no chance against this concentrated k power. The k power there was comparable to the power of a big train running over small vegetable (me !!) ....

Bliss you and I disagree. You are a testimony for the kundalini and I am not a testimony for the kundalini. And when the Holy Spirit is involved there is no kundalini. There is no sex in Heaven. There is in Paradise, but not in Heaven. You can take the kundalini into Paradise, but not into Heaven.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
You are a testimony for the kundalini and I am not a testimony for the kundalini.

You re kidding !
come on ! Smiler

Smiler

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Tucker, it seems this discussion was a good idea, and I thank you for your generosity in interacting with those who are interested in hearing your perspectives on energies, faith, Christ, etc. All very interesting!

From what you've shared on this thread and others, it seems that you consider kundalini to be "sex energy" that can be raised up in different ways for different uses. This seems closer to the way Taoists talk about this energy than some of the yogic traditions (kundalini yoga, siddha yoga) that consider it to be Shakti, the divine mother and female consort of Shiva. Surely you ran into that during your decades of yogic experience. Do you think they're talking about the same thing that you are? If so, I wonder why they would use that kind of language?

Then there are those like Gopi Krisha and Susan (on another thread) who view it as "evolutionary energy" and some kind of universal, cosmic force. That, too, is conceptually quite different from "sex energy."

Personally, I've never been able to relate to the Gopi Krishna, siddha yoga, kundalini yoga ways of talking about all this, though "evolutionary energy" does resonate somewhat in that the energy does seem to empower and activate the frontal cortex, pineal and pituitary in new ways.

- - -

Whole other kind of question: what are you doing these days after all those years of yogic study?

posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Phil:
Tucker, it seems this discussion was a good idea, and I thank you for your generosity in interacting with those who are interested in hearing your perspectives on energies, faith, Christ, etc. All very interesting!

From what you've shared on this thread and others, it seems that you consider kundalini to be "sex energy" that can be raised up in different ways for different uses. This seems closer to the way Taoists talk about this energy than some of the yogic traditions (kundalini yoga, siddha yoga) that consider it to be Shakti, the divine mother and female consort of Shiva. Surely you ran into that during your decades of yogic experience. Do you think they're talking about the same thing that you are? If so, I wonder why they would use that kind of language?

Then there are those like Gopi Krisha and Susan (on another thread) who view it as "evolutionary energy" and some kind of universal, cosmic force. That, too, is conceptually quite different from "sex energy."

Personally, I've never been able to relate to the Gopi Krishna, siddha yoga, kundalini yoga ways of talking about all this, though "evolutionary energy" does resonate somewhat in that the energy does seem to empower and activate the frontal cortex, pineal and pituitary in new ways.

- - -

Whole other kind of question: what are you doing these days after all those years of yogic study?

Last question first: Waiting to see what happens next Smiler .

Based on what I have been able to gather, Shiva back in the day, had two students. The first student taught a path that later through one of his students was taken to China and became the Dao/Tao/Ti Che. The second student stayed in India, and apparently he was quite the roust about, and taught a path that included the kundalini. I asked Shiva why the two paths that these two students taught were so different. He said that what he taught them was "yoga science", and that once one becomes an advanced student of yoga science, they can create their own path. And "yoga science" was what Shiva taught me. So I understand why and how the different paths work. With this knowledge, I have come to the conclusion that the path toward God that Jesus created, is the perfect path. And I thank God daily for Jesus and the perfection of His gift.

It is the "nature of things" that all original paths branch into versions of the original path and that these versions do not have the completeness of the original path. Things are either added to or removed from the original version (to make it better of course). Hindu Yoga is an example of "The nature of things" at work and each version that has been created is being promoted as the right and best version by those who follow a particular version. The only way that one can figure out/find the relationship between all of these versions is if one has advanced knowledge of "yoga science". Without this knowledge everything is always going to be a gnarled up mess. Technically Phil, I am not a yogi by the Hindu definition of yogi, I am a student of "yoga science". The foundation science behind all functional paths. If any path is not based on "yoga science", then that path is a nonfunctional path and will lead no where.

Phil, that is my answer to your question Smiler . You are loved!

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by aviela:
Hi,
I have a question.

Happiness is a good question. Good questions Aviela. The male side of the brain(Left) and female side of the brain(Right), the way that I am talking about them, correlates very closely to psychology. The problem with achieving a true balance between the two sides of the brain is that the imbalance is caused by one's personality programing. It is the changing of the flaws in one's personality programming that most people just shake their head at and walk off. And after thirty-eight years of this stuff I do not blame them a bit.

Aviela, I haven't ever thought about grounding being related to the male side of the brain Smiler ! But you are right! Grounding is ultimately to the physical and the physical is the male side of the brain. One is grounding their spirit (energy body) to the physical body. Aviela, you have opened up a whole new reality of understanding for me. The answer from the intuitive mind has to fit a set pattern framework some how, or the answer is useless, and it is the male side of the brain that defines set pattern realities. The male side of the brain and the female side of the brain have to work together or the intuitive mind can not be effectively used. The male side of the brain is the ground. Too cool!

The sensations that you are asking about could correlate with the male and/or female kundalini, they also could be caused be intestinal gas. Sorting out the things that intestinal gas causes is a nightmare.

Thanks!! and I thought it was a stupid question.

Posts: 38 | Registered: 29 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post