Ad
ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Transformative Experiences    from MysticalMichael - energy awakening
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

from MysticalMichael - energy awakening Login/Join

posted
From MM: here

Greetings, Phil and freinds,

Congratulations on this eighth wonder of the world. Obviously, you have labored in love and the Spirit has been present in this community.
Been reading my way through the site for about a year now. I feel I may know you a little better than you know me so far. A bit of backround:

After growing up Lutheran and quite enjoying church, I took a 7 year vacation from the God of my youth.
I was working as a bartender in 81-82 in a family restaurant. My employer had a spiritual encounter with Jesus Christ through a Charismatic Catholic woman who became head of the Right to Life movement in the county. They were "spirit filled" and began a bible study for employees. She asked me if I wanted to receive the "baptism of the Holy Spirit," and when I answered in the affirmative, she laid hands on me and prayed and I have never been the same.
This "indwelling" was accompanied by energetic
experiences of various kinds. I felt it when I read the Jerusalem Bible, which I would read for hours before work. I often felt it during private or corporate prayer, and all the way walking five miles home after bible study. It was a warmth and a tingling pouring into the top of my head and the back of my neck as if warm oil was pouring in. Sometimes I felt it in my hands and would actually
turn off the light to see if they were glowing [Wink]

This went on for about a year and a half and then there were times when I went farther from God
and the feelings would go away for awhile. When I resumed spiritual activity, they would come back.

About 7 years ago the energy began to flow more strongly, especially at times when I needed it. It came to stay 4 and 1/2 years ago after a couple of months of Centering Prayer and the Jesus Prayer of the Pilgrim.

Something changed and the energy began to fill my entire upper body. Sometimes it would begin near my heart and radiate outwards. It would overpower me and I was sometimes overwhelmed, but the effect of this consolation is mostly pleasant and comforting (like reading your posts.) [Smile]

I have not had the classical kundalini from the root chakra upward, but I relate to much of what is described, emotional roller coaster, fatigue alternating with energy bursts, ringing ears and the head feeling stuffed up, seasons of crying alternating with little feeling at all, Unconscious unloading etc.

I do associate this with the presence of the Holy Spirit. Some of this may be "cultural conditioning," and some may be very genuine. Whatever it is, the Grace is Amazing [Smile]

I am very grateful for all of you, and am learning so much from what you so generously share.

charitas,

michael <*))))><

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi MM,

I am chuckling. I loved when you had to turn on the light to see if your hands were glowing.

I was doing Healing Touch on a woman, hands on her, eyes closed, praying. And I felt this energy/tingling running around on the ring finger of my right hand and I finally had to open my eyes to see if I could "see" anything. I couldn't. But it was still running around on my finger. Then it just quit. Amazing!

Posts: 40 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post