Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For women only Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Easter Sunday 2006
Early celebration started at 5:00 a.m.as I gazed outside my window at an almost full moon shining in splendor and illuminating my property. I had nowhere to go and nothing to prepare for. The chambers of my heart overflowed with the joy and blessings that were mine to share this peace with my brothers and sisters in the oneness of us all. The whole world is filled with the Glory and Light of God.

Memories came upon me of egg coloring, Easter baskets, shopping and the preparations of being joined by family and friends with an Easter dinner. Children laughing and the taste of biting chocolate ears, mothers and daughters dressed in the new Easter dresses looking so lovely attending Church together passed before my eyes like mirages. These memories are stored within the mind, lovingly surfacing and then tucked away again, only to surface another day.

I did not attend Church, even though I was asked to join by loving and caring friends. Instead my heart became a Church with the start of Saturday afternoon when I visited the aged in the nursing home with many smiles and touches for the residents. It was pouring outside as I started my journey into town and prayed for God to keep me safe on these winding mountain roads. I thought of my client scheduled and the darkness she is facing at this time, and prayed further that the light would penetrate into her uncertain life at this time, and realized the ever changing within all of our lives as we are propelled and guided towards God's love who awaits us as we pass through the cloud of unknowing into His awaiting arms. How patiently and lovingly God draws us to Him, or as Brad likes to say Her. Smiler

About six months ago I read a report on the internet that medical science has discovered that consciousness and intelligence does live also within our hearts and not just in our brains. I always suspected same since I am mostly centered in the heart area, which may be due to being a woman sharing this gift with all women who are guided by wisdom and intuition instead of the analytical mind and super consciousness of Ken Wilbur. I picture Ken entering an elevator with a flashing red heart, the floor he trembles to be stuck on as he pushes the upper floor only, but the time will come I can assure Ken that he will have to enter this chamber of the flashing red light heart sooner or later.

The rest of my day was spent in gratitude and thankfulness in knowing that we are all part of the majestic tapestry of life that God has prepaired for us and will bring into completion. Each and every one of us matters since we are the threads that are woven and interwoven in this masterpiece called life, the perfected tapestry that we all will gaze upon with awe, wonder, amazement and unconditional love for one another as we recognize the colored threads of our being in red, yellow, green, purple, which includes every color of the rainbow. We are loved so deeply beyond all comprehension in this miracle called life. Blessings to all of our brothers and sisters around the world, no matter what their religion may be in serving God. The joys of another are our joys and the pains of another we share as well in the family of the One God.

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dearest Freebird,

Thank you for sharing words from the Heart. My Easter was spent very much the same. Thanks be to our Lord for resurrecting in the cave of the human heart. Oh, how Wonderful is the Fullness of His Love -- Truly, truly, He is Risen!

I found this poem yesterday: http://www.anamcaradallas.org/Poetry_2.htm

Blessings,
Tate

Posts: 77 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dearest Sister Tate, a precious rose of Christ,

How often I have thought and prayed for you with a great desire for you to share with us once again, and so you did bearing two precious gifts of love within your posts. The poem was exactly what my heart longed for. Yes, Jesus is Risen!. He is the root and offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. Rev. 22:16.

Tate, what a journey that you have embraced having been emptied and having been dissolved within His love and to be reborn within His healing waters of Spirit, His river of life that washed and cleansed our souls in the cooling refreshment of His love, mercy, compassion, faithfulness, and life giving power within His river that we are joined together with our brothers and sisters flowing homeward bound. Hallelujah!. Bless you my Sister Tate, we need your further sharing with us.

THE ROSE

Some say love, it is a river
That drowns the tender reed
Some say love it is a razor
That leaves your soul to bleed.

Some say love it is a hunger
An endless, aching need
I say love it is a flower
And you its only seed.

It's the heart afraid of breaking
That never learns to dance
It's the dream afraid of waking
That never takes the chance.

It's the one who won't be taken
Who can not seem to give
And the soul afraid of dying
That never learns to live.

When the night has been too lonely
And the road has been too long
And you think that love is only
For the lucky and the strong.

Just remember in the winter
Far beneath the bitter snows
Lies the seed that with the sun's love
In the spring becomes the rose.

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put your faith and trust in God!. My new handiman, highly recommended, appeared at my front door promptly at 9:00 a.m. He was an old man of 76 years. My Lord I whispered softly to myself, how could he mow, weed eat, and do the other chores I needed to have done. Have faith my child was the reply of God.

Bless this sweet man. He did the work of ten angels and I could not have been more pleased. I thank the Lord for His goodness in sending me a helper that I could trust and who would work hard to earn his money.

It is a true blessing indeed to put our faith and trust in the love of God. Like a mother hen He takes us under His wings with an assurance that He will fill our needs.

posted Hide Post
Freebird:

Tate, I am so proud and happy for you. It has been a long journey for you to unravel the mind control of a religous system that enslaved you, and for you to have the courage and desire to embrace the light of freedom. May God's graces and love guide you ever onward into all truths. God bless you!.

I know I pulled your post above from another thread. This just seems the best place to thank you for acknowledging the difficulty of my journey from a legalistic and abusive religious system to the freedom which is in Christ. Truly, I am blessed! For to be able to contrast the darkness I lived in with the Light of Truth, my Joy, delight and freedom is all the greater.

Thank you, my friend, for your love and encouragement.

Tate

Posts: 77 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To Tate, my dear friend and sister in Christ,

What came to mind as I was reading your above post are the words of the Lord, expressing His love for you: I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3.

I also want to express the happieness your poetry
has brought to me. There are several that you have shared with us.

Thank you for your presence here on the forum, the gifts you bring, and your continued giving and sharing with us. You are a joy and light to all of us. Within Christ's love, His flowing River of Life and the Light of Truth there is freedom indeed.

Freebird

posted Hide Post
Mornin' Freebird,

Thank you for the scripture Jer. 31:3. Right on target as He continues to heal the brokenness I feel at times.

Also, I read this morning from Father Keating's writings: http://www.centeringprayer.com/wklyart.htm

A partial quote:

quote:
The heavenly Father is with us just as we are and where we are.

Jesus hangs out with sinners. Thus it is okay to be human; it is okay to be whoever we are. God is in total solidarity with our privation and pain.

There is a part of me that has been trying so hard to be good enough, to be acceptable and to be right in my thoughts and beliefs. There is finally some relaxing of this false self into God's loving embrace. I'm grateful for everyone here at Shalom place for giving me a place to learn, share and just hang out.

Tate

posted Hide Post
Hallelujah, dear Tate, and praises to our Beloved Lord. He loves us just as we are, so why should we love anyone less. Again what came to mind reading your post is this Hymn for saints and sinners, His love is ever true. Thank you for your uplifting inspiration.

JUST AS I AM, WITHOUT ONE PLEA

Just as I am, without one plea
But that thy blood was shed for me
And that thou bidd'st me come to thee
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot,
To thee, whose blood can cleanse each spot,

Just as I am, though tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt,
Fighting and fears within, without,

Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind,
Yea, all I need, in thee I find,

Just as I am, thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because thy promise I believe,

Just as I am; thy love unknown
Has broken every barrier down;
Now to be thine, yea thine alone,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come. Smiler

posted Hide Post
My spiritual brother Sidharth Mohandas has a website you may enjoy browsing through.

http://www.geocities.com/sidharth_mohandas/Touching

posted Hide Post
Jesus tells us to give Him our lives, cares, troubles and to relinquish our belongings to be His followers.

I thought about same yesterday as my neighbors invited me to look at their new luxury motor home. I must tell all of you that I was extremely happy for them, and joyful that I did not have one of my own. Must be my mature age now because all I could see was extra work and money in maintaining such a vehicle. The same goes for many newlyweds whose dream is to have a house, some opt for a big one. What joy for such a couple to attain this treasure, but with both working soon the house is too big to clean and the yardwork is never ending. Material things never bring any lasting happieness. Christ is not telling us to be homeless and foolish by giving our money to live away, but how many belongings do we really need?.

I have given to the Lord my life, cares and troubles including belongings that as the years pass mean less and less to me. I lead a frugal life, and am thankful to be able to pay my bills, but my desires for things have truly left me. I enjoy thrift shopping finding many treasures and many things that had been used by others. The Nordstrom catalog goes into the trash upon its arrival. My designer clothing are treasures found at garage sales, consignment shops and the above mentioned thrift stores.

The other day a neighbor asked me where I buy my clothing since I am always so exquisitely dressed. I spoke the truth with chagrin: "The Good Will Store". She stuck up her nose in disdain, and I just smiled sweetly to myself. Here I wore a designer skirt from my favorite boutique "Red's Threads", which cost me only $5.00, original price $175.00, and other fashionable things to compliment my attire. Whatever money I have left at the end of the month I give to my favorite charities which I know are not scams.

I also give away as birthday presents to my friends things that I love and treasure among my things, because the things I would not like would not be appreciated by them.

For me it is the spiritual gifts and treasures of the Lord that are my most cherished possessions and these things are lasting and real. How freeing it is to have slaughtered that desire body which always longs for more and better things, never truly finding a lasting peace as the desire within longs to buy anew to feel some uplifting. Much of humanity if so empty within that they find buying and storing things gives for a time being some relief from the dryness of an empty well within their inner being. It is like an addiction to acquire more and more. This may well be what Jesus was most aware of by telling us to give our belongings away. He wants the whole of us, and not just a part of our being.

The only exception to my holding on to anything is my beautiful amber collection of jewelry and that will go with me merging into my ashes during my cremation. My two sons will really inherit a fossil amber from their Mom mixed with my ash.

posted Hide Post
I think that�s truly an extraordinary personal credo and, although the course you are charting has its own unique hardships, I think there is much inherent freedom in simplifying�especially in coming out from under the heavy weight of giving a rip what other people think about us.

Signed,

Bradleena (twin sister of Brad, who is posting in this thread using Brad�s account just as a matter of convenience).

Posts: 5413 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Bradleena, thank you Smiler

Happy Mother's Day to Mother's everywhere.

Being a Mother
(author unknown)

Being a mother means that your heart
is no longer yours; it wanders
wherever your children do.

What a surprise yesterday when a package arrived from my eldest son, two dozen roses and a vase to put them in. I was touched and thought about his gift for Mother's Day. Oh, the roses and vase are stunning, but also an easy way out of not having to give of himself. How opportune his giving as an addition to my above post. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate his thoughts and honor for Mother's day, but a simple card and expression of his love would have been more than sufficient, together with his wish to see me and for just the two of us to share a hike and celebrate a picnic together.

I intend to try and root these roses, and hopefully his gift of love for me will continue to bear many roses on magnificent bushes.

For mothers who are unable to receive roses, may you share the love and togetherness with your children. Bless you all.

posted Hide Post
Luxnatura's dismissal from our forum is an unfortunate circumstance. I agree with Phil and others that her opinion's expressed where not approriate for W.C.'s topic on having a personal relationship with Jesus.

We really do not know the heart and mind of another and I refrain from any judgment as to why Luxnatura chose this particalr topic to present the url on Mother Theresa. From same I learned something that was unfamiliar to me. As to the truth presented I need to investigate further. Should the allegations against Saint Theresa prove to be true, it does not nullify the good work that she accomplished in her service to Christ with these orphans and dying children.

I feel a comraderie with all on the forum, some of you I gravitate more to than others, but I do love you all together with honoring and respecting your opinions should we agree and/or disagree. We are here to learn, share and to give each other support in our spiritual walk with God.

I feel that Luxnatura could have contributed by her knowledge and understanding in our search for truth, love for God and shared her experiences with us.

I do wish her well in all her endeavors, and like two ships passing in the night we did connect in the light of God's love. Blessings to you Luxnatura.

Smiler Smiler Smiler

posted Hide Post
Lux was a woman?

Fwiw, I didn't have as much a problem with the info on Mother Teresa as the responses she gave when called on it. The pattern was typical of trolls:

1. Topic A is introduced.
2. The troll introduces an irrelevant and objectionable "aside," sure to annoy most on the board.
3. Forum members object to the trollish post, most of them politely, encouraging a re-focusing on the thread (in this case, relationship with Jesus!).
4. The troll then responds using a straw man fallacy -- in this case, that the forum is too uptight, intolerant, and unwilling to have their heroes sullied.
5. The troll is called on the straw man, feigns ignorance of what that is, then apologizes to uptight forum members for giving offense (all of which is a passive aggressive way of saying "screw you all").
6. The forum jumps the troll and the thread topic is essentially lost.

The difference between a troll and a good community member is that at point #4, a person of good-will would non-defensively and humbly apologize, then begin contributing to the thread topic. Instead, trolls use the most strained reasoning to show why their contribution makes perfect sense . . . why they are right and everyone is wrong, etc. -- all intended to annoy others and prove to themselves that they have a little power.

luxnatura tried that on several thread -- including the one on angels. Good riddance!

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Phil for giving us this info. I thought a troll was a cute little dwarf.

Wikipedia on Internet troll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/internet_troll

If Luxnatura was a troll as you believe, why would she not move to another topic or start her own; that remains unanswered, a mystery.

posted Hide Post
Should the allegations against Saint Theresa prove to be true, it does not nullify the good work that she accomplished in her service to Christ with these orphans and dying children.

I don't thing that she received money from some shady characters is in question. When doing the kind of work she is doing � charity � I really wouldn't expect anyone to do a FBI-type background check on every donor. Stuff just came in the mail to her as her fame spread, and donors (some, no doubt, with guilty consciousness) sometime gave her big amounts. And she put it to work...not buying chalets in the Swiss Alps, but constructing schools for the poor. And for this some knucklehead assert "crimes against humanity."

I feel that Luxnatura could have contributed by her knowledge and understanding in our search for truth, love for God and shared her experiences with us.

I'm not for banning anyone. I don't mind a good, spirited discussion on any topic. But if someone is just going to dump their sludge into a thread then they can expect to be confronted. Wherever Phil decides to draw the line on this is up to him. I tend to see people like lux as people in need � especially people in need of acceptance, companionship, and community. Yes, just like the rest of us. But one eventually, in order to relate to other people, has to chance doing one thing: being honest. I see the trolling or sludge-dumping as the equivalent of someone sticking their toe in the water. They have things they want to say, but with so much anger pent up inside, a lot of this stuff comes out sideways and then they deny that they ever had any kind of aggressive intent. But if they just came out and said, "Well, I'm really sad and pissed because of A, B, and C." And just let it out. Tell your story. Start a thread and have at it, something like "My rough life, I'm angry, and why I take it out on the Catholic Church." But don't bleed all that stuff into topics that have nothing to do with it. It just adds to confusion and hurt feelings. No decent person makes fun of another person in pain. But people in pain can't just treat others like chumps. Other people don't like being manipulated.

Posts: 5413 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To Luxnatura:

I received your private message and replied. Since you are unable to read same due to being banned from the forum, this is my reply to you

Dear....
Thank you for your brief presence
God speed and love to you.
Freebird

posted Hide Post
5. The troll is called on the straw man, feigns ignorance of what that is, then apologizes to uptight forum members for giving offense (all of which is a passive aggressive way of saying "screw you all").

Ya got that right. Big Grin LOL.

posted Hide Post
Beloved, the joy of your kisses!. We have heard that often Jesus kissed Mary Magdalene on her mouth. This great joy and happiness of these kisses have been so misunderstood and all kinds of rumors have surfaced as to Mary Magdalene's relationship with our Lord.

I often have thought of the great gift of love between Mary Magdalene, the disciple, and her beloved Master Jesus Christ. I understand these kisses between them, and want to share what I have learned.

We live among humanity where most of same is still within the grip of sexuality. In such a situation of being centered upon a sexual level one sees the human relationship of Mary Magdalene and Jesus, without being aware of a love that transcends the earthly into the realm of spirit. I am no longer on the sexual plane because God has lifted me above same, and not because of my own doing. I can see through the eyes of spirit and understand how the kisses of our Lord upon the mouth of Mary Magdalene were kisses of Christ's pure love shared between Himself and His beloved disciple.

Could I now in my state of being kiss a beloved Master on the lips without experiencing any sexual desire?, the answer is yes. I can taste the kisses of the Lord upon my lips, like Mary Magdalene.

Jesus was not forbidden to marry. There was no need to keep a marriage secret from humanity. All this speculation of Jesus having been married is heresay, and rumors by people who are unable to understand the ecstasy of being free from the grips of sexuality and brought into God's Kingdom of spirit.

So beloved Lord Jesus Christ, I also taste your kisses upon my mouth and share your love within my heart. The Lord our God is my heart. Like Mary Magdalene I am your faithful disciple and you Lord Jesus Christ, are my beloved Teacher and Master.

posted Hide Post
Those supposed kisses between Mary and Jesus are not in the four Gospels, but are in the gnostic Gospel of Philip. I've also heard that passage in question doesn't really say "mouth," as the text is missing; scholars only assume that's what it says. And, at any rate, it's a kind of "spirit-kiss" of imparting breath more than a romantic kiss -- sort of along the lines you're describing, Freebird.

quote:
The late Gnostic Gospels generally portray Mary as the patron feminine disciple. As evidence of her marriage to Jesus, Brown appeals to a translation of the Gospel of Philip that states, �Christ loved her [Mary Magdalene] more than all the disciples and used to kiss her often on her mouth.� Brown bases his claim on poorly preserved text. The definitive scholarly translation of the passage states: �[�loved] her more than [all] the disciples [and used to] kiss her [often] on her [�].� The words inside the brackets are missing and the translator must guess as to the actual wording. Rather than affirming the marriage of Mary and Jesus, the text raises questions. Did Jesus kiss Mary on the hand, cheeks, forehead, or lips? It is a stretch to claim that the Gospel of Philip portrays Mary as the wife of Jesus.
- http://www.floridabaptistwitness.com/5780.article

Just boning up on my Da Vince Code workshop material. Wink

As you note, Freebird, the four Gospels do honor Mary Magdalene, identifying her as the first witness of the resurrection.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Phil, the kisses are "spirit kisses". Thank you for the info Smiler

posted Hide Post
Dear Shalom Family,

I don't know where to put this prayer request on the forum, but I just feel close to many here and would like to ask for prayers. My son, Mike, 30 years old, is in ICU with kidney failure and several other problems. They are running tests; don't know what is causing the problem. I am broken, tired and powerless in the face of this situation. Of course, all this has triggered kundalini and so I will probably be in for a rough night. I ask for prayers for my family. Mike is a jewel and already everyone at the hospital has fallen in love with him. He told me before I left not to worry, that he is in peace. I'm grateful for that and I could SEE that this was true. May God's grace, mercy and love bring us comfort and strength at this time. I will post again whenever I have time.

Love,
Tate

<w.c.>
posted
Tate:

So sorry to hear of this. I'll remember you and your son now and at Mass tomorrow.

Glad to hear he is at peace.

Keep us updated as you can.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Dear Tate,

I saw your message and immediately prayed for God's healing light and love to fill Mike and you with great abundance and strength. Also I prayed for the Dear Lord to send ministering angels to surround you both including the rest of your family and hospital staff.

I kindly ask the whole Shalom family to join with me together in prayer for 5 minutes in 15 minutes from now. My time right now here is 9.02 p.m.

In the love and power of Christ.

posted Hide Post
Dearest Tate,

Prayers continue for you, Mike and the rest of your family.

"The Lord hath promised good to me,
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures".

Faithful, O Lord,
Thy mercies are,
A rock that cannot move;
A thousand promises declare
Thy constancy of love.

We love you Tate.