New
Find
Notify
Tools

from M.: transformation in prison Login/Join

posted
- email shared with permission

Dear Phil St. Romain,

I downloaded your book. I experienced the kundalini energy while in a lengthy stay in solitary in prison, it changed my life. It is a dilemna for me. Because, in deep breathing, I heard people singing God is Love. And then a buzzing sound, with a feeling like bumblebee moving up my spine, it bent me from heel to head outward. Then it would stop at areas in my body. Then it got to the back of my neck, and I heard a Voice saying don't be afraid, and I could continue or stop. I agreed to go on. Then, it went to my head, a huge circle shooting electricity in my mind's eye. And the voice asked me what did I want. I said Love. Then it magnified and my entire head was engulfed in light, love and warmth. Then then the Voice showed me union or shared Love. I was not God, but we shared the same Love together, so to speak. The voice explained that the experience was the desire to union (ectasy), then we rested in acceptance, with a dispassionate knowing. Then, we stopped. For three days I was in a euphoric state. Knowing that there was Love, of God. So, I stopped being a murderous criminal, and forever haunted by this. Because, it after 28 years hasn't happened again.

Now I believe Jesus is Lord, the Son of God, that Jesus came in the Flesh, and resurrected. And, that nobody comes to the Father except through Jesus. Regardless of the experience. I am stymied. Because I realize Love, and crave the Love of God. Then, there are all these other people who experience the same things from hindus, buddhas, and across the board. I am afraid of seducing spirits. But, scared for my very soul in the face of Jesus, who is my Lord.

So, I came to your book trying to see How Did You Resolve This Dilemna. It is a blessing and a curse to know, because I can't move foreward unless Jesus agrees, I can't deny the Lord, or be a ecumenical belief person. Even so, Jesus has to be the only way to come to God, the Father.

Well, there it is.

Damned or Blessed, I am with respect, your reader of the information. M.C.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, okay, it finally sunk in what you wanted. Sorry.

Posts: 5413 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quite OK to comment on the experiences, to reflect on meanings, even express cautions. In the present case, I'm sure this person won't be interacting, as the email was from long ago and I've never seen this person around on the forum.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<w.c.>
posted
What a heartening description of what can happen in the darkest places. Kundalini often emerges when the soul comes into conscious awareness through a crisis. I wish him well.

It sounds like this person may be trying to reconcile the larger reach of Christ discovered through dilation of the soul via kundalini, and perhaps his previous belief system, sort of like those with near death experiences who were once fundamentalist Christians and afterwards understand the cosmological presence of Christ.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Eric
posted Hide Post
This story really relates to mine. More than most others that I have read. I wish this person was here to share more. There is much I would like to ask.

Wow, it sounds almost completely the same as mine. Reading it was almost like jogging my memory of what happened to me. There is such a sense of comfort to find another who had the same experience.

If I remember correctly I was in a euphoric state of love for about three days also. That would be so depressing if I never have another one again. I have had more experiences but never as awesome as that first one I had.

I believe at that time all of my chakra areas were opened at one time followed by a connection with the Holy Spirit. My whole existence and purpose now seems to be to return to that state of being forever. It seems nothing else will ever be quite as satisfying as that.

He said that was 28 years ago and he never had another. That is so depressing. My life will never be complete if I never had another experience.

Posts: 470 | Location: Greensboro, NC | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know a fellow who experienced kundalini some years ago while incarcerated. As far as I know, he has done nothing with it but an occasional application in martial arts. Maybe when he gets older...

Could it be that the "k" experience is at times wasted on those who
value it but little?

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Eric
posted Hide Post
You might have a point michael. I don't see how someone who had a K awakening could ever go on and leave it behind. I think about it everyday.

The one thing I can't get over is at one point during my first experience I felt Christ inside of me. I felt like I was looking out through the eyes of Christ. Never once again have I felt that. It was the most beautiful thing in the universe. I will cherish that until the day I die.

Posts: 470 | Location: Greensboro, NC | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I'm not really sure about the big-picture, and the news I get is biased toward a plethora of successful jail-house conversions, but I do know this, although spiritual awakenings do sometimes come from the upper-middle class, such as the Oxford
Group, forerunner of the recovery movement, as well as the Centering Prayer movement, it frequently pleases God to shame the wise and mighty
by awakening society's outcasts.

I look for leadership arising from our prisons, from the ghettos and from rural areas, and from teenagers, who have been mischaracterized by self-serving liberal and conservative sources seeking to advance their agendas. WE HAVE A GREAT
CROP OF YOUNG PEOPLE GOD IS RAISING UP TODAY! They are volunteering at a rate not seen since the 40s!

http://www.theroc.org/roc-mag/.../roc-16/roc16-17.htm

Time for the media to encourage the young! Smiler

posted Hide Post
May we all say a short prayer for the people imprisoned today. I understand from a reputable source that prisoners are given Ativan, anti-anxiety medication on a daily basis, otherwise they could not bear their confinement. How I pray for ministering angels to visit them so they may know God and be able to talk about Him. May they all have hope in and through Christ and know that they are loved unconditionally.

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a moving story and I understand his questions concerning Christ being the only way to God. As I posted on another thread, I was awakened spiritually by Holy Spirit, but because of not having a strong foundation, and then with the k arising and no where to turn in Christian community for understanding, I turned to eastern teachings. Recently though, having been drawn back to the Love of Christ, I too had lots of confusion because of seeing the fruits of God's spirit in some beloved Buddhist and Hindu teachers. Many postings on this forum have clarified to some degree.

But I seem to be content right now in not fully understanding. I'm grateful for the certainty of my own path. There is no mistaking the transformations occuring in my Heart because of HIS Love. I am content in His love. I guess lately coming to SEE my false self more clearly, and KNOWING that He loves me in spite of all the times I miss the mark, then His love and wisdom certainly takes care of all people of all religions and faiths.

Eric: Before I left Christ for eastern teachings, I too felt Christ looking through my eyes. I was sitting in the woods behind my home, praying. I noticed my eyes began to literally feel like the tissue was softening, that my eyes had been hard like glass. I looked around and knew that this compassion and love I felt for the trees, birds, sky was the Love of Christ. It has never occurred again for me either, but I am profoundly grateful for the experience. Thanks for bringing it back to mind. Even thinking of it brings joy to my heart.

Freebird, I love how your response to suffering is always prayer. You are an inspiration to me. May the love and mercy God has shown me be given to every creature, great and small.

Blessings to All,
Tate

Posts: 77 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I was in prison, and you visited me."

We could see major changes when people who have never experienced love develop a taste for it. Smiler

There was a non-PC Brazilian prison run by Christian
trustees, no guards. Recidivism was less than 5%.

Tate, nice to see you posting! Smiler