Ad
ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Christian Spirituality Issues    Steps to Freedom?? - Bondage Breaker Neil T Anderson?

Moderators: Phil
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steps to Freedom?? - Bondage Breaker Neil T Anderson? Login/Join 
posted
I prayed and prayed and prayed for spiritual direction but have come empty handed. I believe my only hope is that God wants me to just rely on Him for direction and no other human.

BUT...

I have been at the point of giving up on life when Jesus came and nudged me up. I received good news with regard to my situation with my son. then I felt Jesus nudging me to go to the Alliance Bible study group I have been attending. They kept my name on a retreat and I realized that perhaps that is where God wanted me to surrender my all to Him. I did and received Jesus and surrendered my all.

Now I am told that I should for my own good learn how to rebuke demons. and do the steps to freedom.

I am Catholic but due to my church not really being there for me and I can't seem to build any kind of community relationship with the people and the Priest.... I was so distraught and needing people who love God that I went to the Alliance church.

But I am confused with regard to doing 4 hours straight of steps to freedom ministry sessions usually i was told it takes 2 days...

anyone ever hear of this ????

Posts: 3 | Registered: 23 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Christine,

I am not sure if you wrote this in the hope that Phil would respond, and if I am off the mark, please disregard my post.

I think that when we rely on God, that we need to trust that God will use humans to communicate to you.

I am happy that you have received good news with regard to your situation and for your son.

And is sounds like a very blessed moment for you when you received Jesus Christ into your heart.

My questions around the demons is Do they mean your own inner demons, or something outside of yourself? Uusually we have enough of our own inner demons to deal with and to work through by God's grace without handling anything which may not be of us. Whatever we put our energies into, thre will be the energy, so in putting our energies in rebuking demons, well, what might we be doing? Could the stop to freedom simply be just being present to Jesus, and His Holy spirit within you, rather than a 'doing' generated by a programme.

"I am Catholic but due to my church not really being there for me and I can't seem to build any kind of community relationship with the people and the Priest...."

I am sorry to hear this, I am also a catholic, and yes I agree, our church may not always be there for us in our walk with Christ. And I am sorry that you were so distraught that you had to go elsewhere.

I would say to listen to that confusion, and bring it to prayer.....and ask the Lord to speak to your heart..... I dont think there is a time limit with God, and our living out our live with God....so if it takes 4 hours, 2 days or two lifetimes.....listen to your heart.....

Posts: 52 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 08 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Christine, I can't say I know much about the Alliance church, nor the method for dealing with demons you're referring to. Clare asks some good clarifying questions about this.

We do provide spiritual direction through this site:
- see http://shalomplace.com/direction

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post