Ad
ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Christian Spirituality Issues    St. Francis of Paola: God's Miracle Worker Supreme

Moderators: Phil
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

St. Francis of Paola: God's Miracle Worker Supreme Login/Join 
posted
This was the loneliest book in the Catholic bookstore. It sat on the shelf so long that they gave me $2 off the cover. It's from Tan Publishers.

The back cover:

God's Miracle worker Supreme

He cured the sick, raised the dead, prophesied the future, walked on water, was a major influence on seven Popes and five Kings, founded an order of hermits that eventually established 500 monasteries, and was canonized just twelve years after his death at the age of ninety-one, yet in the English speaking world hardly anyone has heard of Francic of Paola.
To rectify this situation, the authors, Gino Simi and Mario Segreti, have collaborated to write the first work ever to appear in English on the incredible life of San Francesco di Paola.

One of my favorite parts of the book is when the Archbishop came from Rome at the Pope's request to see if it were all true. Francis said,
as he took up hot coals in his hands, "You are an educated man, and I am not, which is why I can do this!" Smiler

caritas,

mm <*))))><

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See http://www.wf-f.org/StFrancisPaola.html

Lots of spiritual charisms alive and well in this man! I'd never heard of him. Thanks for bringing him to our attention, Michael.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Writing about miracles, C.S. Lewis said that probably most of the miracles as well as most non-miraculous events recorded are probably false,
yet that in itself is no reason to disbelieve in the miraculous.

Francis seems to be well known in Southern Europe and South and Central America and parts of Canada, but not so well known in the U.S. The Minimi
have been waning in recent times, and as far as I know there has been no foundation in the U.S.A.

My faith was strengthened considerably through
the book. He saved France by turning some corrupt kings around and worked more powerful miracles than anyone I have heard of.

Remember Scotty on Star Trek, "I canna change the laws of physics!" Francis just didn't seem to know any better. Smiler

caritas,

mm <*)))))><

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post