Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who Do We Pray To? Login/Join 
Picture of Katy
posted
So who do we pray to, ask for guidance, protection, help, whatever..? God the Father? Jesus? the Holy Spirit? The "Universe"? Angels? Saints? Mary? All of them at different times? All of them at once? I usually just pray to "God" period.

Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Katy, I think it shifts, depending on the situation. Sometimes I even fall into a sense of "praying-with" one of the above, or "praying-in" the Holy Spirit.

Good question. Smiler

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Phil, Well today is the feast of St. Monica, I think. Her life situation seems a little bit similiar to mine right now, so I asked her to be with me and help me today. I guess she is here... dunno for sure... lol She might be pretty busy today. :-) But they say Saints bi-locate which is beyond my limited understanding of the spiritual realm.
Also, I am thinking about the angels. I never paid much attention to them in the past. I'd really like to learn all about and experience the presence of angels!

Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to feel bad about not having a clear idea about Who or What I was praying to until I read in a book somewhere that it probably doesn't make any difference whether it's Father, Son, Spirit or God. So now I just pray. Sometimes I notice my focus is on Jesus, and sometimes to God in general.

Posts: 24 | Registered: 17 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post