Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Being Hounded By Demons/Satan Login/Join 
posted
hello!!!

First of all i should thank you all. although already christian, it was coming here and 'lurking' a few months ago that gave me the initial inspiration to focus my heavy meditation towards prayer, including the rosary: this enabled me to have direct experiences of the Holy Spirit and prayer experiences and visions of Our Lord, Angels, Mary and Satan. what Joy has come into my life because of this!

Mary has been especially instrumental, indeed it was strong visions of her that led me back to Catholic Mass ten minutes early!

I have from near the beginning a few months ago been plagued by visions of Satan and STRONG awareness of 'a battle' taking place within my soul. these visions are not always accompanied by prayer. i was concerned about Mother Mary in my prayers - from the perspective of not wanting to be idolatrous, or harbour demons. recently as strong visions of Mother Mary have flashed into my consciousness stronger and stronger demonic/satanic presences have made themselves felt too.

i am wary of causing offence to god, worshipping mary (whom i believe to be theotokos, but obviously not to be worshipped), and the nature of prayers such as the 'hail mary'. i do believe that there is nothing wrong with these but i'm interested in opinions and advice?

I'm also looking for suggestions, experiences and general sharing relating to being tempted/plagued by Satan. Thanks!

Jules

Posts: 3 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 April 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Hi werewolfJules (what a name!), and welcome to the forum. It's heartening to hear that our discussions have made a contribution to your spiritual growth.

We have a discussion about Mary going on that addresses some of the questions and concerns you raise, so maybe check that out.

And, yes, there is a spiritual warfare going on in the universe, which we can experience at times in our own souls. Christ has already won that battle, so stay close to him, and ask him to deal with any evil you experience within.

Peace, Phil

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please don't think that I am trying to debate Catholic theology vs Protestant. I am just trying to share my experiences. My father was a Pentecostal pastor in Sri Lanka, and in Asian cultures demonic problems are attributed to just that demonic problems.

Psalm 22:3 "But You are holy, Enthroned in the praises of Israel."

My way of interpreting this is that praise God, invites His presence, and thus drives out anything demonic. So if you feel this happening start praising God.

Luke 10:19 : Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Again if you feel this happening, command anything evil to leave in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Hope I helped

Posts: 12 | Location: Sacramento by way of Middle Earth | Registered: 25 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Thanks, m. That's good counsel.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post