Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remarriage Login/Join 
Picture of brjaan
posted
I have not posted here in a long time. I am working a lot of hours and am in beginning stages that will lead to marriage. Sometimes I feel sad and guilty about it. I guess it is a normal reaction.

Posts: 205 | Location: McHenry Illinois | Registered: 01 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<HeartPrayer>
posted
It sounds like a wonderful opportunity, especially if you can fully face each other! Smiler

Perhaps one challenge is to not allow anyone else to get in the way, including the image of someone else. Similarly, perhaps you must deal with aspects of yourself that are peering back to what was, should or could have been with your former partner, or which are in other ways peering a different direction.

I do not, of course, know your personal history -- but grief can be a wonderful blessing, allowing you to cut to the core of your being, to be naked before God, wounds and all. And thus heal in the Holy Spirit, letting to let go of that which you no longer need to carry.

It sounds like you�ve already moved far along that path. Smiler

Blessings and best of luck, Brother Jaan!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of brjaan
posted Hide Post
Cool
Hi thanks for the reply. I think sometimes the hardest thing to deal with for me is the fear of failure again silly I know.

Posts: 205 | Location: McHenry Illinois | Registered: 01 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<HeartPrayer>
posted
An elderly friend of mine underscored the difference between "falling in love" and "standing in love". I think in order to avoid holding back, and to embrace your partnery, you first have to embrace your own vulnerability.

re: Fear of failure.
Perhaps marriage may be thought of as a "form of being", a dance!, and not something to be achieved.

What are your partner�s thoughts on this?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post