Ad
ShalomPlace.com    Shalom Place Community    Shalom Place Discussion Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Christian Spirituality Issues    The Diamond Approach of Hameed Ali (A.H. Almaas)

Moderators: Phil
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Diamond Approach of Hameed Ali (A.H. Almaas) Login/Join 
posted
When Ken Wilber devotes over a dozen pages to someone, I sit up and take notice. Fritjof Capra only rates a paragraph or two. Centers abound in hip
and trendy locales like Berkeley and Boulder. Don't know much about him so far, other than I picked up the Diamond Heart books I, III and IV a couple of years back and this may be my "Round Tuit" prompt to visit "Someday Isle." Wink

http://www.nexuspub.com/journeys/diamond.htm

Is anyone familiar with The Diamond Approach?

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MM, I'm not seeing where anyone is sharing a transformative experience, here, so I'll transfer it to the Spirituality Issues forum.

From what I've read about the Diamond Approach, it seems to be another way of talking about what we call True Self (essence) and False Self (holes) on this forum.

What is your experience with it?

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil,

It's just a curiosity at this point. I have no experience with the Diamond Heart approach. Ken Wilber
has this to say:

"The Diamond Approach of Hameed Ali (who writes under the pen name A.H. Almaas) is, in my opinion, a superb therapeutic/transformative discipline. Within this broad appreciation, which I will reiterate in a moment, I have a few criticisms."

The two men share the same publisher, and seem to admire each other. The basis seems to be Sufism, with reliance on the enneagram and Gurdjieff's work, and some Buddhism and science thrown into the mix. Ali started out as a scientist, then developed an interest in transformative experience. Simple as one, two, three:

1) Absolute emptiness

2) Pure nonconceptual awareness

3) Pure presence

Sure, easy for Ali to say! Wink

http://www.ahalmaas.com/essence/diamond_approach.htm

Under "essential aspects" there is a list which reminds me of Galations chapter five on the fruit of the spirit:

"Truth, clarity, spaciousness, intelligence, existence, will, strength, joy, peace, value, love, personhood, identity and so on."

Those all appear high on my personal Christmas list. Load it up in the sleigh, Santa! Smiler

caritas,

mm <*)))))><

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post