Moderators: Phil
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sexual Abuse / Occult survivors Login/Join 
posted
Here's a website I found that deals with healing from sexual abuse and from the occult. They have some good info including prayers of deliverance and the breaking of soul ties.

http://my.homewithgod.com/shepherdsheart/index.html

[I]This site is dedicated to the hearts and the courage of all Survivors of Sexual Abuse, Ritual Abuse, MPD and major life abuse.

Satan uses past hurts and abuse and he uses those who hurt us to try and convince us that we are damaged goods and beyond repair. The evil of abuse is that it does satan's work of deceiving us about Yahweh's true nature and provides what seems like proof that Yahweh is not good and cannot be trusted.

The purpose of this ministry is to encourage and empower all to know the truth of how wide and how deep the love of Christ Jesus is for us all, and that forgiveness, deliverance and healing can be found in Him.[I]

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Shasha,

When I tried to access website I received error message stating the web site was down until 3-17-11. Odd.

My computer must have had a hiccup because I tried again and was able to view material.

Posts: 173 | Location: East Lansing, MI | Registered: 18 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shasha, Thanks for posting this link. I am reading over the site.

Would any take a gander at the following with me:

quote:
Dear Heavenly Father, I come to You, in Jesus’ name, and I humbly repent for allowing this bondage and control in my life, and ask to be forgiven. I RENOUNCE all use of soul power. I loose myself from any and all control bondage or slavery to or by any other person (or place, thing, institution), in Jesus’ name.

How might it be that they are viewing "soul" here? That they would pray renunciation of soul?

That does not sit well with my soul.

Kristi

Posts: 226 | Location:  | Registered: 03 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At times like these, Google is your friend! They may mean this website I found, which looks like some kind of Chinese-New Age thing:

http://powerofsoul.com

Posts: 1023 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Derek,

I got a giggle watching that man karate chop a chronic headache.

Have left the giggling and still googling Smiler now.

I like some of the prayers from the link Shasha posted, but I don't want to be praying anything without understanding the prayer.

Most all references I have found thus far are from sites that speak of deliverance prayers, so the slant was the same.

Kristi

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KristiMarie,

Posts: 226 | Location:  | Registered: 03 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For sure, I don't want my soul in any way divorced from God and His Holy Spirit, but I also do not want to be renouncing my soul in any way.

I rather see my soul as a coat of many colors or house of many rooms...that it is brimming and opulent, richly textured, full of flavor, a cornucopia of life experience...all of which is teeming with expectancy for God to bring it to glory!

Sooooo, I intend to draw from/use some of these prayers, albeit in modified (personalized) form.

Kristi

posted Hide Post
Kristi, perhaps they refer to the "siddhis", special yogic powers, such as clairvoyance, levitation, reading minds or other stuff, I'm not sure, I believe in. Those powers are "supposed" to come along with the purification of the 6th chakra. Unfortunately, I've never got to any of those Wink. I'm not even free from common cold... (I'd certainly like to). Seriously speaking, I think it's only common sense to renounce the use of those powers, because healing or clairvoyance can be given by Jesus in the Holy Spirit, and in such case they don't come from "the soul". Once a person from a charismatic group asked me to pray for her so that she could become a prophet, because she desired to. I have my doubts about things like that. Maybe it's not a bad thing to ask for a charism, but prophecy? I wouldn't want that for myself. I think it's a false self impulse to possess any special, extraordinary powers, even if for good. It's usually hard to hide that we possess powers like that, if we exercise them, and we can easily become a local "star", performing miracles.

So if I had any powers (and I don't), I could see the sense in praying to God, so that he take them away or lead me to use them for the good of the Christian community.
It's a hard question - if there is something like a natural healing power, can a Christian exercise this power naturally to heal people? Or is it OK only if he/she exersices it praying for people? It would be natural, however, to rather pray to Jesus to heal someone, than to do it "on our own".
Catechism is clear about "magic", but I'm not sure if natural healing power if magic, if it exists. What do you think, folks?

Posts: 436 | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mt:
So if I had any powers (and I don't), I could see the sense in praying to God, so that he take them away or lead me to use them for the good of the Christian community.

"Amen," to that, Mt. I first began renouncing such things as a child. I'd experienced quite a psychic opening then, 'round the same time I had a charismatic speaking experience when preaching about the need for God's love in the world. It was all too much for my young self to understand. And I prayed fervently that God take it all away. No dabbling for me. If God wants me to use any such capacities, Jesus Himself/the Holy spirit is going to have to come and put His arm around my shoulder and tell me so...and stay there to guide me every step of the way. I continue to push such things away. I agree, I think the false self co-opts these things...and I am not wanting to be special or self-aggrandizing in any way.

Kristi

posted Hide Post
Here's a clip from this website, Witchcraft in the Church, that I think addresses your question, Kristi.

http://www.totalchange.org/soulpray.htm

----------------------------------

I do think there's a real danger, a kind of magic, power in our thoughts, when we bow our heads and ask God to do something out of our own will-power. Our prayers may be answered, not by God, but by the power of our own fallen wills.

What Are Soulish Prayers?

What happens when a Christian prays outside of the will of God or even in agreement with Satan's desires? Most Christians think these prayers simply fall to the ground unanswered.

James 4:3 says "You ask and do not receive because you ask to spend it on your passions."

We think there is no harm done, but when we try to control another person by our prayers, havoc is released in the body of Christ. Christians have prayed for confusion, failure, sickness and defeat on those they do not agree with. They want someone to quit smoking so they pray God will not bless them. They think someone is at the wrong church so they pray for division with that church! Or they want to affect someones choices, so they pray for confusion to come to them. They believed it would wake them up, and cause them to change direction. Such prayers are spiritual manipulation, they are soulish prayers.

-----------------------

posted Hide Post
" We think there is no harm done, but when we try to control another person by our prayers, havoc is released in the body of Christ. Christians have prayed for confusion, failure, sickness and defeat on those they do not agree with. 'hey want someone to quit smoking so they pray God will not bless them. They think someone is at the wrong church so they pray for division with that church! Or they want to affect someones choices, so they pray for confusion to come to them. They believed it would wake them up, and cause them to change direction. Such prayers are spiritual manipulation, they are soulish prayers." '

soulish prayers is when we play God...'thinking' we know whats best for another... the bottom line to this is .. ignorance..which begins with a judgment / evaluation of a person or a situation and then we take charge, instead of being sensitive to the Holy Spirits guidance which is always founded in Love..

i liked this article.. thank you for posting it...

Posts: 281 | Registered: 19 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shasha, thanks for sharing that.

Christine, my response was much the same as yours. Ignorance was the first thought/word that came to me when reading the article.

Kristi

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mt:
... I think it's only common sense to renounce the use of those powers, because healing or clairvoyance can be given by Jesus in the Holy Spirit, and in such case they don't come from "the soul". Once a person from a charismatic group asked me to pray for her so that she could become a prophet, because she desired to. I have my doubts about things like that. Maybe it's not a bad thing to ask for a charism, but prophecy? I wouldn't want that for myself. I think it's a false self impulse to possess any special, extraordinary powers, even if for good. It's usually hard to hide that we possess powers like that, if we exercise them, and we can easily become a local "star", performing miracles.

It's a hard question - if there is something like a natural healing power, can a Christian exercise this power naturally to heal people? Or is it OK only if he/she exersices it praying for people? It would be natural, however, to rather pray to Jesus to heal someone, than to do it "on our own".
Catechism is clear about "magic", but I'm not sure if natural healing power if magic, if it exists. What do you think, folks?
Mt,

Sorry about the long delay in getting back to you on this. I think most people don't realize their prayers are "soulish" because they feel justified about praying what they want. So there's a subtle way in which we can all fall into deceit in praying for what we want. This is especially true among folks who have experienced the power of God's prayer; they are more likely to become entitled to soulish praying. I definitely fell into that trap. I find it's a learning process that takes time and dedication to God in a profound way. And God easily forgives our ignorance and brokenness if we repent, endeavor to be humble, etc.

Mt, I can see why you'd be uncomfortable with that woman's prayer request. At the same time, it's hard to say no to somebody who asks for prayer for something benign. It can be good, but is it Holy? In general though, I'd say it's good to ask for charasmatic gifts as long as they are in the context of proper character formation. And I think gifts will just come naturally as you need them to do whatever God blesses you to do. You don't have to beg for them.

Phil has spotted this issue of soulish praying as a false self impulse and captured it on his FS scale:

In my prayer, I spend more time asking God to do what I want than praying for the grace to do what God wants

Jesus, knowing we have this weakness, instructs us to pray that our Father's Will be done. Often, I have no idea how to pray for somebody, and that's when the gift of tongues is priceless! The Spirit just takes over and BOOM! you're done! You can't add or subtract from the prayers of the Holy Spirit.

About natural healing, Mt, I've share elsewhere the contribution of Agnes Sanford on this topic. She had the genuine gift of healing. She shared, in one of her books ?, however, that she learned that she could sometimes heal by her own energy. She discerned that there were times the Holy Spirit was moving through her and times when her own will made healing happen. She didn't say it was bad to heal on her own power, but discouraged it.