Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Symbols of Cross, Candle and Gas Flame Login/Join 
posted
Hi everyone,

I would appreciate your opinions on the following. My friend designed a monument with a cross and candle, but as it is a monument, instead of a real candle he decided to lit a gas torch put inside a candle-resembling shape. I am sure it is not good to use the light of gas flame, lit in the basement of cross. What do you think, who is right and who is wrong? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 2 | Location: Armenia | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ann, I'm not sure that I have a full understanding of what you describe but it reminds me of the "Enternal Flame" that is part of JFK's grave, if I remember correctly. I would imagine that one is gass powered as well. I assume the memorial piece is an outdoor one.

Posts: 5413 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
<it reminds me of the "Enternal Flame" that is part of JFK's grave, if I remember correctly. I would imagine that one is gass powered as well. I assume the memorial piece is an outdoor one.>

Yes, My anxiety is in the subsitution of the light of candle with the "eternal flame" - gas that is going out from the underground. The tradition of "Eternal Flame" is going back to fire worshiping and was spread in Asia. Now there are some such monuments. But we should remember that they are on the tombs. I do not know any fact of using a flame in the fundament of a cross. If anybody may explain, what is wrong with it, I would be very thankful.

Love and Peace,
anahit

Posts: 2 | Location: Armenia | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post