Moderators: Phil
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Glory Enters the Room Login/Join 
posted
I am touched by Bill Johnson's vulnerability here, near tears on stage, as he shares of his child-like love for his Papa Father. Bill describes an interesting manifestation of God's Presence which many agree to call the "Glory" of God, a thick, weighty Presence that literally comes into the room when we go into a "resting before the Lord." This sounds like a version of contemplative prayer.

I've heard from more than Bill that this Glory is associated with extraordinary healing miracles.

http://www.ibethel.tv/media/mymedia

Click on Anticipating the Glory, Bill Johnson, Sept. 6. Start at 28 minutes if you're interested in hearing more.

Posts: 1091 | Registered: 05 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Yes, that's a simple contemplative practice he describes -- a kind of "just-sitting" and being in the Presence. I like to preface this time by considering myself a lost sheep and inviting Christ to find me. Wink That "fog" he describes does sound like a contemplative experience -- the numinous presence of God, which is unmistakeable. Glad to hear Johnson teaching on this so clearly. Sometimes that's all God wants us to do is to "rest" and we do well to just abide in the presence until we feel moved to act in union with Him.

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post