Moderators: Phil
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Woman clothed with the Sun Login/Join 
posted
Most of us are familiar with Revelation 12, A Woman clothed with the Sun. I have a very close spiritual connection and a curiosity about this woman who is worthy to have received a crown of twelve stars.

Many say that she is Christ's Mother Mary. I love Mother Mary with all my heart and do feel that she is most worthy to receive every honor and glory bestowed upon a woman being the Mother of God. I do not see the Woman clothed with the Sun as ever having been here on earth at any time, as we know Mother Mary was being the Mother of Jesus Christ, our beloved Lord.

I see the Woman clothed with the Sun as a great mystery and wonder as Saint John the Divine saw for himself as well. He would have recognized her as Mary and said: Here is our Lord's Mother Mary. John was in awe and wondered greatly as to the identity of this woman.

Somehow I feel that this woman gave birth to a spirit son and not a flesh and blood child. Being a spirit son he was pure consciousness that she was lifting above the same way as we who are birthing anew are lifting the Son of Man up to God in His pure consciousness having come forth from a new seed.

As we know from scripture a tremendous spiritual battle was fought, Michael and his angels and the dragon and his angels. The result was the fall of the dragon and his angels. I am throwing out a few things here to see what feedback I may receive on this topic which I find most interesting and challenging.

Until we receive our new birth, we are all yoked with our sin nature. The Woman clothed with the Sun I feel has an important part in our new birth. Could the dragon have swallowed the new born son, spirit, pure consciousness, he would have also had the Woman clothed with the Sun, who would not have left her baby being his mother. Is it all symbolic or may this Revelation 12 have a most significant role in our new birth?. Does she birth us first above before we are birthed anew down here?.

Why does she find it necessary to hide herself again after the battle with the dragon. Having been given the wings of a great eagle she went into the wilderness away from humanity, (wilderness can also be interpreted as a dark hiding place). She has children on earth from her seed that keep the Commandments of God and follow the testimony of Jesus Christ.

At times during meditation I am aware of seeing a figure with outstretched arms, like the Madonna is depicted often, except the figure appears as a slim triangular shape from the head to the arms and from there down to the feet. I am aware of a pure black color and all around the edges I see the brilliant light of the sun in back of the figure. It is quite a wondrous sight to behold. Could it be the black Madonna?. I wonder?. Also I am most aware that not only the sun's light clothes her but that she also has her own light within that pure black spiritual darkness.

The Woman clothed with the Sun is greatly loved by me. Wink

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Madonna

This is good energy, and a good archetype, and a good omen, IMHO. I have been seeking something like
this for some time now. You are blessed, Freebird, and a blessing to me. Smiler

Posts: 2559 | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes Michael is is good energy. This pure black spiritual energy attracts only the purest light unto its surface. You are a blessing to me as well. Black Madonnas existed before the pre-Christian era.

http://altreligionabout.com/library/bl_black
virgins.htm
Smiler

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a most wonderful url re Black Madonnas, who is in all of us. Enjoy

http://www.ofspirit.com/deborahrose1.htm

Picture of SisterLionHeart
posted Hide Post
If you like black madonnas I suggest you visit Montserrat in Spain, where they have a black Madonna. Also Chestochowa in Poland, where there is also a black Madonna. Smiler

Posts: 15 | Location: Sollentuna, Sweden | Registered: 09 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heavenly knowledge and Heavenly wisdom are a true gift from God. Revelations of same come to us from scripture through the inspiration of the Holy Ghost. We all need to be cautious in our individual, or group, interpretations within the Holy Bible. The same applies to earthly scholars and geniuses. Our own carnal earthly mind is prone to err in defining what we interpret as truths. The woman clothed with the Sun is a mystery for she is not named as a particular woman in the Holy Bible. We can speculate all we want as to her identity and allow our own desires and loves give her a name, but the truth is that she is still shrouded within a mystery.

She is not named. John the Divine wondered greatly as to her identity. Humanity cannot be laxidasical in their assumptions since all truths must be verified and clear without our guessing as to these truths.

Is she Mother Mary? Is she Heavenly Jerusalem, our Mother above who is free with her children and who are free with her?. Is she Mother Wisdom, Sophia?, Barbello? or Rachel?. Can we say that she is all of these women?. Could she also be Divine Mother of us all who always was within God from the very beginning?.

The woman clothed with the Sun has received the highest honor by wearing a crown of 12 stars and being clothed with the Sun. I love her with all my heart knowing she shines forth clothed with the Sun.