Moderators: Phil
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Medjugorje... Login/Join 
posted
this is a response to pop pop concerning Medjugorje... i felt led to share it here so all could be blessed ...

giving honor to Our Blessed Mother, Queen of peace this month of may....

may all be blessed ....

pop pops request for me to share .....

Christine,

Thanks. And thanks for your prayers. To date I have had no real significant discomfort from the energizing that goes on in me. Thankfully.

AND HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

So, what's the story re Medjugorje these days? You had mentioned that in one of your earlier posts.

Pop-pop

my response to him and sharing with all of you....

------------

Dearest pops..

I am glad to hear that your energizing experiences haven't been to wild.. and if they get wilder, you have a support here on this forum...

Ok.. hmm, Medjugorje... Mother Mary is still appearing to the 6 visionaries.. whose lives exemplify holiness. the message over the years has not changed... prayer, fasting, daily bible reading, confession,
The Eucharist and the Mass. there are 10 secrets given to the visionaries we know little about.. yet. you can read about them in detail on line as there are many web sites that speak about them in more detail.

Her messages, intended for all humanity, ask people to place God first in their lives.

The Bishop of Mostar is not supportive of the Medjugorje apparitions, but the Vatican continues to show a great deal of interest., even more interest lately in a positive way. In fact, many bishops, priests and other clergy claim that Pope John Paul the Second strongly believed in Medjugorje. He had met personally with at least three of the visionaries. After Pope John Paul II's death, the Medjugorje visionary Ivan saw him during an apparition with Our Lady. The Pope appeared young and joyful.

According to Catholic history, Mary is playing a significant role in the salvation of mankind. This was highlighted in a recent Church breakthrough when, in October, 2002, Pope John Paul the Second introduced a fourth set of mysteries for the rosary, called the Luminous Mysteries. He asked that the Rosary be prayed particularly for the causes of world peace and the strengthening of family life, coincidentally also the two most urgent pleas from Mary in Medjugorje.

According to the visionary Jakov Colo, "The messages that Our Lady is giving here in Medjugorje are for the whole world, for all humanity."

The fact that Our Lady is appearing every day now in Medjugorje further confirms her plan. The Balkan region is the geographical crossroads between Christianity and Islam. Catholics, Orthodox Christians and Muslims are forced to live here as neighbors. After the fall of communism in Yugoslavia, the ensuing struggle for power led to a horrible ethnic war, despite Mary's constant calls to peace. This atrocity should serve as a warning of what could happen on a global level if people still do not listen.

Today, the fruits of Medjugorje are obvious. Multitudes of people still come to this village, almost always leaving with renewed faith in God. millions have come to know Jesus Christ and their lives drastically changed thru the grace given at Medjugorje. They go on to spread the messages of Our Lady to all who will listen. Often, they echo the urgent words that she has spoken in Medjugorje:

Mother Marys words....

"The only thing that I would want to tell you is to be converted. Make that known to all my children as quickly as possible. No pain, no suffering is too great for me in order to save the world; but I plead with you, be converted. You cannot imagine what the Eternal Father will send to earth. That is why you must be converted! Renounce everything. Do penance. Express my thanks to all my children who have prayed and fasted. I carry all this to my Divine Son in order to obtain an alleviation of His justice against the sins of mankind. I thank the people who have prayed and fasted. Persevere and help me to convert the world."

here is a clip on one of the visionaries during an apparition... this one in particular is of interest..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG283icDn_I

This particular video of one of Mirjana's monthly apparitions (August 2, 2009) is significant for two reasons. Like an earlier video I uploaded, Mirjana shows herself to be insensitive to the intermittent shining of the sun into her eyes. But the video is also noteworthy as it captures (at about 3 mins into the video) the reaction (clapping) of the very large crowd that was present in Medjugorje on this day ( 50,000, during a youth festival) to the 'miracle of the sun' that many experienced as Mirjana was having her vision.

here is the latest message from Mother Mary ...

Today, May 2, 2011, Our Lady appeared to the visionary Mirjana Soldo and delivered the following message to the world:

"Dear children; God the Father is sending me to show you the way of salvation, because He, my children, desires to save you and not to condemn you. That is why I, as a mother, am gathering you around me, because with my motherly love I desire to help you to be free of the dirtiness of the past and to begin to live anew and differently. I am calling you to resurrect in my Son. Along with confession of sins renounce everything that has distanced you from my Son and that has made your life empty and unsuccessful. Say 'yes' to the Father with the heart and set out on the way of salvation to which He is calling you through the Holy Spirit. Thank you. I am especially praying for the shepherds, for God to help them to be alongside you with a fullness of heart.

do i believe in the apparitions in Medjugorje, personally. yes! i believe firmly she has come to prepare the world for His second coming. i have been to see one of the seers, Ivan, speak at a Catholic church in the south west....there were hundreds i would say close to a thousands of people there.. That one day there were numerous masses said and rosaries said. Many Catholic priests were present in huge processions , saying mass. there were many healing of serious illness of those present during the apparition of the Blessed Mother.. ( this by the way has been documented) also, i think you might find this interesting pops.. when i stood by Ivan, after the apparition i could feel the energy ( experience much like electrical current coming off of him)...

i did not try to find Medjujorje in my life. Of course i had known about it for years, but i sincerely believe without a a shadow of a doubt i was drawn to Medjugorje .. for personal and prayer reasons. In of myself i would not have sought this out.. it simply did not occur to me, a great grace calling me to believe and trust profoundly her powerful intercession... today going to mass in the morning then coming back to pray at the hour she comes to the seers are the highlight of my day, along with the hour of prayer, 3PM the chaplet of the Divine mercy....... no words for this.. none.. other than to say i know within my heart one can experience the fruits of heaven within the heart .. now, while on earth.. a foretaste of heaven. this i know to be for all people.. i am far from unique in this. Also a call to PRAY for those who yest do not know the love of God.. esp. those who have most need of Gods mercy , those who could spend eternity in hell..

a further word about this energy....i do not know about this 'energy' and it being misused by those who want power on the earth as Shasha speaks about as i do not know about those kind of things personally.. but what i do know , first hand, is this energy coupled with Gods grace and the Holy Spirit is a grace given to touch the hem of heaven and to bring about life changes within the hearts of His people.. a change within the very nature of people.

i believe that Medjugorje is continuation of promise of Fatima...that Our Blessed Mother IS appearing there as she calls all people to holiness through her Son, Our Savior Jesus Christ. she call them to her Son.. the Hope the only hope for all mankind.

Posts: 281 | Registered: 19 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Christine,

Thanks! I asked and you delivered.

It might be nice if you are able, to post a link to the website you like best for learning what Medjugorje is all about.

As I alluded to in a PM, I am not really an apparitions enthusiast -- though I do not negate their validities and the graces that they bring in the lives of so many believers. They truly have borne and continue to bear fruit. They bring no new doctrine but they do bring graces.

Pretty much the public message of all the accepted Marian apparitions is a pointing to Jesus and the need of the faithful to adhere to the Lord’s teachings and to repent of sin and to pray. Mary points to Jesus. The public revelation is in consort with the gospel.

Private revelations (the secrets that everyone hears about) are never accepted by the church until after their fulfillment. This stance is classic conservative posture that the church adopts since private revelation is always subject to error and misinterpretation by the visionaries. Pretty much the same stance applies to all prophecy; it’s validity / authenticity is fully realized as it is being fulfilled or been fulfilled.

Interestingly, just yesterday, the day of your post, I heard a soundbite on EWTN commemorating the May 13th revealing of the third secret of Fatima by the church and approved by JPII aways back (I forget the year, sorry). The third secret known to the church but kept from public knowledge for years indicated that the Pope would be shot or an attempt on his life would be made (the exact words weren’t part of the soundbite). I don’t know if the reference of the 3rd secret at the time it was revealed to the Fatima visionaries early in the 20th century was to a generic future pope in the 20th century or to the pope in the papal succession that JPII satisfied.

Sometime after JPII had been indeed shot and had survived, he approved the public release of the third secret of Fatima – since the private revelation was seen to have been valid.

So, for me, regarding apparitions, the public revelation is never anything new and the private revelations, the secrets, remain hidden and don’t become news until they are realized and in the news. Nothing for me to know and do that is not already what I should be doing and can do.

So 10 secrets from the current visionaries at Medjugorje. Any fulfilled as yet and made public?

As for your energy –sensing when in the proximity to Ivan, that’s neat and certainly an experience that you can always remember and relate to. What it means or will mean to your continued spiritual growth only you will know. In itself it will not change your will. But it may well influence your motivations – which can reinforce your determination to continue to do good.

I kind of like to follow SJOC’s advice about remaining detached from visions and revelations and locutions, fragrances (all supernatural apprehensions) be they one’s own or be they somebody else’s. He says too, that when one remains detached from apprehensions one needn’t be burdened (nor one’s spiritual director burdened via involvement) in any discernment hoopla – LOL, SJOC didn’t use the word hoopla and I don’t know a Spanish equivalent, but you get my drift. Actually I hide my snowballs in my drift. (A lesson learned from a Protestant friend).

Thanks again, Christine.

Love,
Pop-pop

Posts: 465 | Registered: 20 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post