Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ABSTRACT PAINTINGS 2008-2009 Login/Join 
posted
Dear ones,

If anyone is interested in abstract painting, you can contact me on e-mail address freddy.delameilleure@jongerenwelzijn.be, then I send you photo's of some of my paintings.

Greetings,
Fred Delameilleure
Ostend (Belgium)

Posts: 123 | Registered: 09 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36770864@N04/

Here are pictures of some of my paintings, now on internet...

Fred Delameilleure

posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing these, Fred. I don't really understand abstract art, but can share that your colors and patterns communicated a sense of peace and vitality, along with struggle. Kind of sounds like the Christian life! Wink

What is it like for you to paint these? Do you find it a healing practice?

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Phil,

I have written a text on painting but in Dutch years ago... Sometimes it feels like a struggle, sometimes it feels like a healing practice.
However, I am aware of the fact that my work is not innovative. I am influenced by the great American abstract expressionists (de Kooning, Rothko, Pollock, Mitchell, Krasner, Kline...)Some of them were influenced by Soutine (great!). I love as much minimalism, I tried it but it is not my cup of tea. I adore f.e. Morandi: http://www.artcyclopedia.com/a...morandi_giorgio.html When you see his' still lives in reality, it is an experience of the 'spirituality of every day life'. The sacredness in modest things... (Sexson: http://www.monasticdialog.com/a.php?id=539 and others...)
I am trying to simplify my paintings. Sometimes there is too much color, but my main gift is this feeling for colors and composition...
I will now also go on stage (May 15, 16, 17). The first time I do this. I like it...It's a play written by a famous young Flemish writer, Tom Lanoye.
Hope that some people enjoy a bit these paintings...
Fred

posted Hide Post
Inner necessity -- and appreciation of the everyday
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Freddy,

Thanks for sharing your paintings. I find some of them quite interesting. Also I get a strong sense that they arise out of varied emotional states, each of them rooted in their own "inner necessity". Am I right?

I share your appreciation of Giorgio Morandi -- a wonderful artist! He was also a favourite of one of my teachers, Wayne Thiebaud. Coming from a very different background (advertising art), he too had a keen appreciation of common everyday objects. Especially fascinating are his cityscapes.

I also love Mark Rothko, and the profound meditativeness of his works.

Looking at your paintings I recollect a few other artists, with whom you may be familiar: Henri Michaux, Lyonel Feininger (although a Cubist), and Piet Mondrian (I�ve posted links to his transitional works in one of the other threads on this forum).

Some years ago I saw an exhibition by Liu Kuo Sung, whom you might enjoy. You can find more via Google�s image search.

I wish you all the best on your coming performance, and on your artwork. Thanks again for sharing. Smiler

Best regards,
HeartPrayer

Posts: 6 | Registered: 24 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear HeartPrayer,

It seems you are a great lover and expert of art.
Thanks for sharing this excellent (even funny?) Thiebaud, Michaux (I know his drawings and special books, his exploration of drugs...), Mondrian (although tmo too mathematically, too cerebral...). Sung seems to be good! I love Japanese landscapes and prints and so forth...
My work is not innovative, so I will not be able to expose in big galleries... If you are interested I send you a text I wrote on painting, in Dutch however...
freddy.delameilleure@jongerenwelzijn.be

Greetings,
Fred

PS Other favorites are Piero della Francesca, Giotto, Rembrandt, Vermeer, El Greco, C�zanne, van Gogh, Kirkeby...

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
...Mondrian (although tmo too mathematically, too cerebral...)
That only applies to the mature Mondrian.
What I am referring to is his transitional works -- the study of tree branches, wave patterns, and his renderings of flowers.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 24 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I understand! Great work indeed!

Fred

posted Hide Post
Heartprayer and others will undoubtedly know
one of the greatest painters of the 20th century:

http://www.gerhard-richter.com/

ENJOY!

Fred

Posts: 175 | Registered: 09 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post